Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I am glad that poisons finally got rolled into traits, that should add about 20% to my dps for the first half of any synced content! :ninja:
I probably forgot to apply it on unsynced content about as often

Was there a number for what level Paladins get their AoE Total Eclipse or w/e it's called? If it is at lv60+ I'm gonna throw out all my paladin gear bang my head on my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Here's another question: for DoTs in this game with a delay between the button press and the DoT effect appearing on the enemy, like Bio, does the DoT snapshot when you press the button or when the effect appears? Or, really, any attack with a lengthy animation between the button press and the actual hit?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I am glad that poisons finally got rolled into traits, that should add about 20% to my dps for the first half of any synced content! :ninja:
I probably forgot to apply it on unsynced content about as often

Was there a number for what level Paladins get their AoE Total Eclipse or w/e it's called? If it is at lv60+ I'm gonna throw out all my paladin gear bang my head on my desk.

Total Eclipse is level 46. Not great, but not terrible.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Truga posted:

They snapshot.

Is with the bane nerf BLM top of the aoe poo poo mountain again now?

I don't think it's that simple. SMN can enkindle more, and there's a good chance you'll see more Roused + Potency buffed Ifrits cleaving. BLM may be a king of sustained AOE though?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looks like for Sam it's Get Dot up ->Finish buffing -> pop Not perfect balance -> Sen -> Draw attack -> 2 sen ->do 2 combo for opener if I didn't mess up the math horribly

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

nuru posted:

I don't think it's that simple. SMN can enkindle more, and there's a good chance you'll see more Roused + Potency buffed Ifrits cleaving. BLM may be a king of sustained AOE though?

SMN is gonna be good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is Libra expected to be additive or multiplicative?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I still can't take good pictures, but I really like my new hair. And the Setzer stuff is cool even if it's super not appropriate for a tank.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Did they ever mention anything about custom stats allocation with relation to smn/sch? Maybe it's not that big of a deal with future gear though.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Shy posted:

Did they ever mention anything about custom stats allocation with relation to smn/sch? Maybe it's not that big of a deal with future gear though.

That's the burden we're going to bear forever for getting two jobs by leveling one. The difference was already < half an accessory of mainstat at 270, so I imagine it'll be even less going forward.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mymla posted:

SMN is gonna be good.

Basically making all your actions +160 potency for 20 seconds (for a max of 1920 bonus potency due to the recast) is pretty cool. But Akh Morn is even cooler.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's too bad you can't have demi-bahamut and dreadwyrm trance at the same time to weave akh morn and deathflare together

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The quest for RDM leveling glamours continues.

I wish there weren't those pink spots when dyed red.

If only that green bit could be dyed a different color! Also, I kinda like those Yafaemi gloves for when I hit 60. (gotta cover up the hideous rings though)

Still probably going with this though, just trying to figure out gloves.

Also, does the Company hat look weird that way, in all black? I mean, ideally I could make it all red, but all black isn't too bad IMO. Too bad it needs 300k+ jet black dye to not have an obvious division.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 31, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SB Gathering and Crafting AF sets.

Still no tackle box for FSH, huh?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

WHM stuff is dull.
I can't see much use for Thin Air (0 MP cost) for much other than Holy spam.

Assizes more often is nice for the lily thing but it kind of screams "everyone but WHM has a UI to put on the screen so let's think something up to give them one".

I don't have the gear for it already, but I might go MNK/RDM/WHM in that order for SB I guess.

WHM has good single target DPS (and AoE) but poor sustain MP-wise, so this helps with that I imagine. Combined with lower cooldowns on Assize (which you will now always get full benefit from on the heal and damage) via lillies, it will probably help a fair bit in terms of MP management.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Another Sam thought: At my current skillspeed (631/2.39 seconds) the refreshing of the dot is awkward due to how long it takes to do a full rotation for sens, you may want to reach a 2 second recast (with buff) to neatly fit dot + 3 sen rotations for Draw attack into a 60 second dot window

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

It's too bad you can't have demi-bahamut and dreadwyrm trance at the same time to weave akh morn and deathflare together

Wait, you cant? I had assumed that bahamut would just be out during every other dreadwyrm trance.

On a similar note, aetherflow says it takes tridisaster off cd now, does that mean we can do TD every 30s?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Looks so god drat good maybe I'll take up craftinahahahaha, naw.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This one, because fencing gloves.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh poo poo, how'd I not see this shirt before.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
SB monk changes look... hmm, yes lets reduce MNK potency because they're getting a minor group damage buff, because MNK damage is in such a good place right now. Meanwhile SAM looks like it's taking the "deal tons of damage but no party* utility" role. Gonna be fun to see SAM line up their skills so that they can break out 100k damage crits by the time 4.5 rolls around.

* provides slashing debuff for NIN and tanks. :shrug:

Failboattootoot posted:

Sam is... something else. They bring even less raid utility than HW era monks. I am excited to main sam and just be king poo poo of casual content damage meters though because lol at their potency values.

Nin skills are pretty meh. They are all good skills though! Just boring in application.

WAR: Look at my Fell Cleave damage!
BLM: Yeah well look at my Fire 4 damage!
SAM: Hold my beer sake.

MNK: :sigh:

Bleu posted:

I have discovered the Riddle of Earth. "Why would I play this job when I can use Braver every 9 GCDs"

This is also the Riddle of Fire and the Riddle of Wind

Don't forget the 940 potency DoT you'll only need to reapply once a minute, and that's before you buff it with Kaiten. :eng101:

YellerBill posted:

Why would they give MNK a button that slows you down? I get that it adds damage but I like going fast dammit :mad: RDM looks fun but I guess if I want a new melee dps I'm going SAM

It's impossible to say for sure without having played at level 70, but I suspect the slowdown doesn't change your MNK rotation at all, but you might not be able to use any other GCD (like ToD) during it or DK/TS might fall off before you reapply them. Unless you have a speed buff from AST or w/e.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It won't change your rotation, you'll just be moving slower than a dragoon and not even punching as hard as one.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Everyone trying to make their RDM look like the most generic classic RDM possible is pretty boring. Open yourselves to new possibilities.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

SB monk changes look... hmm, yes lets reduce MNK potency because they're getting a minor group damage buff, because MNK damage is in such a good place right now. Meanwhile SAM looks like it's taking the "deal tons of damage but no party* utility" role. Gonna be fun to see SAM line up their skills so that they can break out 100k damage crits by the time 4.5 rolls around.

* provides slashing debuff for NIN and tanks. :shrug:

WAR: Look at my Fell Cleave damage!
BLM: Yeah well look at my Fire 4 damage!
SAM: Hold my beer sake.

MNK: :sigh:

Monk is going to have a super hard hitting oGCD they're actually going to be able to weave in fairly often with the new ways of earning Chakra.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The answer is simple: make the AST hold onto an arrow card to use on you when you activate Riddle of Fire.

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.
I've been wondering if Riddle of Fire is going to mess with our rotation even more than we thought. With the 30% speed debuff is that going to have us drop DK or TS? I don't remember hearing about any sort of duration buff for those two.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
WHM needs more water magic. Like the lily barrier should be a water bubble.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's impossible to say for sure without having played at level 70, but I suspect the slowdown doesn't change your MNK rotation at all, but you might not be able to use any other GCD (like ToD) during it or DK/TS might fall off before you reapply them. Unless you have a speed buff from AST or w/e.

Current pre-4.0 monk numbers + new monk things would put monk personal DPS at extremely high levels, on par with Samurai's proposed numbers. The nerfed monk numbers put monk in the trashcan. Gonna suck really badly if they're the final numbers, which they probably aren't.

Riddle of Fire is an excellent button for burst/cooldown sync windows and primarily useful for bursting with oGCDs, as the GCD slowdown lets you cleanly double weave. Using it without oGCDs to combo with makes the damage increase/GCD increase almost cancel each other out. The numbers for this from US/EU media tour data are very different from the liveletter numbers, where it was a 30% damage increase and a 15% GCD increase.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

nuru posted:

Everyone trying to make their RDM look like the most generic classic RDM possible is pretty boring. Open yourselves to new possibilities.

Ain't nothing generic about a magical musketeer with an awesome hat. :colbert:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ain't nothing generic about a magical musketeer with an awesome hat. :colbert:

there is when a third of your server is gonna rock that exact look

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Brother Entropy posted:

there is when a third of your server is gonna rock that exact look

While Red Mages are cooler, it was pretty rare for me to find anyone else dressed like a proper Black Mage.

I might change the look on RDM eventually, but that RDM AF hat is getting stapled to my head. At least until a fancier, gaudier feathered hat comes along.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR THERE'S A SPEAR IN THE FISHING SET

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Grondoth posted:

i'm betting the fishing rod is the spear beacuse how else woujld you fish underwater

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Another Sam thought: At my current skillspeed (631/2.39 seconds) the refreshing of the dot is awkward due to how long it takes to do a full rotation for sens, you may want to reach a 2 second recast (with buff) to neatly fit dot + 3 sen rotations for Draw attack into a 60 second dot window

Actually wait Sam can convert spare sen so it might work out fine., if you don't have that SS you might dump sen into more Hisatsu though

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Brother Entropy posted:

short for 'very'

Or 'Versimilitude' :v:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Grondoth posted:

It's probably the offhand. Which means bupkis, because any actual gains in stats from the offhand means all the fishing numbers are just going to be balanced upwards to offset.

On the other hand, a tackle box would free up inventory space, and you can't put a stat value or gil cost on free inventory slots.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

While Red Mages are cooler, it was pretty rare for me to find anyone else dressed like a proper Black Mage.

I might change the look on RDM eventually, but that RDM AF hat is getting stapled to my head. At least until a fancier, gaudier feathered hat comes along.

When did you start playing? Everyone looked like that back when it was the AF gear people actually were wearing for ilvl.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

nuru posted:

When did you start playing? Everyone looked like that back when it was the AF gear people actually were wearing for ilvl.

2014. I was one of the first people I could find that sunk the money/effort into augmented AF when they first came out.

Then I quit for a few years. :v:

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
So I'm leveling up a tank for the first time, preparing for Stormblood. Caught between WAR and DRK. WAR right now seems to be the king of the mountain for DPS and off-tank. What's it looking like for Stormblood with these changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It looks like you would quite comfortable as a warrior, if dps/offtanking capacity is what you were looking for.

• Locked thread