Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you can tell which jokes are tina fay's on unbreakable kimmy schmitt
the rest of the show isnt funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Then again Jane Krakadowski or we has to be fey's pity project. She has the range of eddie from frasier.

Didn't she get famous on Broadway and not in film acting? I think she's funny because of her character, but then again she also played the exact same character in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and also those Tropicana commercials

It's fun watching her get dunked on all the time for being like that though, it's like how a lot of the hurtful things the gang says to Dee on It's Always Sunny are things that Kaitlin Olson actually gets really insulted and self-conscious about IRL

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FuhrerHat posted:

It's alright but yeah, it's pretty obvious when she is/isn't behind the wheel.

I'm very excited that she's got a new show coming out even though I know nothing about it

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kelp Me! posted:

Didn't she get famous on Broadway and not in film acting? I think she's funny because of her character, but then again she also played the exact same character in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and also those Tropicana commercials

And Ally Mcbeal for those unfortunate enough to have seen it.

Also it's weird that Kimmy is so hot in real life when she's always making some sort of hosed up face on the show.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kelsey Grammer used to sneak into the set of the movie Operation Dumbo Drop and assault the elephant that starred in it. He wasn't even IN that loving movie that's how dedicated he is to his craft.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Then again Jane Krakadowski or we has to be fey's pity project. She has the range of eddie from frasier.

I thought the joke was that this character was not intelligent

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 22, 2019

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

She's one of the funniest people in one of the funniest shows ever made, so 'emotional range' is kinda a moot point.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

well why not posted:

She's one of the funniest people in one of the funniest shows ever made, so 'emotional range' is kinda a moot point.

Yeah she is perfect for the role and it's a crucial role on the show

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
You are both retarded.

Surprise that the SJW brigade swoop in to defend an actress that has portrayed an identical character in different roles for twenty years.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

naem
May 29, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

I have a hard time relating to that show at all. Like I don't understand any of the characters or who they are supposed to be representing.

Like, 30 rock was a hilarious send up of the entertainment industry staring famous people as themselves and it was great fun.

Jimmy Schmidt is a hilarious send up of, escaped ex Mormon sex trafficking victims who nanny in New York and their gay elderly unlikeable black roommates?

Like who is this show a satire of. All the cues indicate this is a satire/comedy but if they played it straight it would be a grim unpleasant drama

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i dunno, my girlfriend puts it on to fall asleep

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

naem posted:

I have a hard time relating to that show at all. Like I don't understand any of the characters or who they are supposed to be representing.

it's meant to appeal to failed theater / creative types in NYC and those who feel trapped in the midwest

Also it's weird that Kimmy is so hot in real life

once you realize she's an anthropmorphized version of the wendys logo it all makes sense

food is comforting

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You are both retarded.

Surprise that the SJW brigade swoop in to defend an actress that has portrayed an identical character in different roles for twenty years.

Nobody's saying she's Hellen Mirren or whatever but they wrote a one-dimensional actress into a one-dimensional character and half the jokes/plotlines on the show are focused on making fun of how one-dimensional she was. It's like complaining about David Cross playing a nebbish weirdo or Zack Galifinakis as an overweight loser.

But yes, it's an SJW thing :rolleyes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

You are both retarded.

I thought I mixed up my Frasier thread tab for a sec tbh then I realized it was just some dickhead

e: oh wait I am in the loving Frasier thread, ban this fuckin bitch

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If you want service IIm at 1-800-MURDERS

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

ur a goddess

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you take that back you motherfucker, eddie is a treasure

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Nobody's saying she's Hellen Mirren or whatever but they wrote a one-dimensional actress into a one-dimensional character and half the jokes/plotlines on the show are focused on making fun of how one-dimensional she was. It's like complaining about David Cross playing a nebbish weirdo or Zack Galifinakis as an overweight loser.

But yes, it's an SJW thing :rolleyes:

She needs to pull a David Schwimmer and do a super serious war movie

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

maskenfreiheit posted:

She needs to pull a David Schwimmer and do a super serious war movie

It's too bad we didn't see more from him. He probably had the best range out of anyone from Friends

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Juice!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

"Ever worn a saddle?"

"...Do I have to answer that?"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cool new Polack jokes posted:

It's too bad we didn't see more from him. He probably had the best range out of anyone from Friends

Which is ironic because he was the worst friend. The rankings of the F*R*I*E*N*D*S is as follows:

1. Joey
2. Monica
3. Phoebe
4. Chandler
5. Rachel
6. Ross

I always struggle with the 2/3 position because early seasons Phoebe was better than early season Monica, but late season Monica was better than late season Phoebe.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
False, they are all bad, all the time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

Which is ironic because he was the worst friend. The rankings of the F*R*I*E*N*D*S is as follows:

1. Joey
2. Monica
3. Phoebe
4. Chandler
5. Rachel
6. Ross

I always struggle with the 2/3 position because early seasons Phoebe was better than early season Monica, but late season Monica was better than late season Phoebe.

all of them are bad

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Eddie threw up things in Frasier's silk slippers that were better actors than any of the Friends bunch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Agreed, but if you have to rank them I think that is the correct ranking.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

1. Joey
2. Monica
3. Phoebe
4. Chandler
5. Rachel
6. Ross

That's an incredibly wrong list loving hell

revolther
May 27, 2008

FuhrerHat posted:

the rest of the show isnt funny unnecessarily racist.
Fixed that for you. After the whole native american blowback from season 1, Fey just doubling down really makes her look like an out of touch old lady millionaire.

naem
May 29, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

it's meant to appeal to failed theater / creative types in NYC and those who feel trapped in the midwest

Ah ok that makes sense.

Seriously though, all it would take to make a really grim drama would be to not play that happy flute music and have everyone deliver their lines deadpan. Take all the happy bump-it's between scenes away and just show 12 unfiltered seconds of NYC street scenes with the sound of wind blowing. They'd win an award

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sassassin posted:

That's an incredibly wrong list loving hell

Well step up to the plate son and show us your list! If Joey isn't #1 though, then I don't even know.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Joey was the only one who was somewhat aware he was a terrible person.

And I just watched the episode where Niles dumps the coffee waitress during her shift and she has a pretty solid freakout.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Joey was the only one who was somewhat aware he was a terrible person.

Joey wasn't terrible. Don't slutshame Joey!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

revolther posted:

Fixed that for you. After the whole native american blowback from season 1, Fey just doubling down really makes her look like an out of touch old lady millionaire.

Most of what I read about it was a healthy mix of people who thought it was tone-deaf racism and people (including actual Native Americans) who thought it was funny as hell. I more-or-less agree with this article about it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt-native-americans_us_5722747fe4b01a5ebde515be

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well step up to the plate son and show us your list! If Joey isn't #1 though, then I don't even know.

Joey isn't first.

Phoebe is last.

naem
May 29, 2011

Chandler
Phoebe
Monica
Gunther
Ross
Jack Tripper
Ugly naked guy
Joey/Rachel

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wrong again
Tom Selleck x 6

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Early Seasons:
Chandler
Joey
Monica
Ross
Rachel
Phoebe

Later Seasons:
Monica
Ross
Chandler
Phoebe
Joey
Rachel

Niles
Frasier
Daphne
Roz
Martin
Bulldog
Gil

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i thought it was about FRIENDS, but instead it's about a family get-together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm just here for the Le Cigar Volant video.