Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Spacebump posted:

Why is that a thing? It's clearly just a typo for coverage.

The tweets speak for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

Why is that a thing? It's clearly just a typo for coverage.

It was funny, but really that is all there is to it. Trump hosed up, took forever to notice, then doubled down on it being intentional. Its a microcosm of everything about him, but it also means loving nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It was a meme spawned from a literal meme president.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
everyone hoped it was trump dying mid-tweet and when it wasn't they all had to laugh forever because of the disappointment

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CNN just reported the house committee issued seven supoenas on the air. Can't find an article posted yet

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/870008165827575808
Okay, I admit; that was pretty funny.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So today trump is basically the helicopter pilot going to itchy and scratchy land pronouncing it "possibl-i" instead of "possibly" and the entire nation looking at each other worridly when, in an ironic twist again related to a simpsons reference, trump then acts like Skinner trying to make lunch for Superintended Chalmers insisting that he actually said Steamed Hams, which as we all know is actually an upstate new york saying.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

There Bias Two posted:

CNN just reported the house committee issued seven supoenas on the air. Can't find an article posted yet

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/870030096865873921

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

that reason is "lord trump can never be wrong!"

Yes, but I cannot fathom that reasoning

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ReidRansom posted:

Yes, but I cannot fathom that reasoning

You haven't lived under a truly authoritarian government before then.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I went on a trip and shook hands with lots of important people!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pander posted:

So today trump is basically the helicopter pilot going to itchy and scratchy land pronouncing it "possibl-i" instead of "possibly" and the entire nation looking at each other worridly when, in an ironic twist again related to a simpsons reference, trump then acts like Skinner trying to make lunch for Superintended Chalmers insisting that he actually said Steamed Hams, which as we all know is actually an upstate new york saying.

Oh thank god, I couldn't have managed to comprehend the situation without a dated pop culture reference.

Fake Edit: And it's obviously Supernintendo Chalmers :v:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Radish posted:

"He won't deport MY illegal immigrant husband since he's a good one!"

God, that lady was such a loving idiot. More so than the typical Trumpkin. I mean, he clearly spelled out that at least 12 million no, good, dirty illegals were rapists, murderers and drug dealers that were also stealing hard working Americans' jobs. Why would she think her husband would be safe from breaking the law to work in the place of a patriotic REAL murkin?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Everyone's brain broke and allowed a dumb joke to take over the day and become news.

Which like... It happens. Some people probably needed the break. But we should have the dignity to be embarrassed when the adult walks in the room and scolds us.

One of Hillary's problems has always been that no one likes the adult in the room. And she loves being it.

claiming a dumb typo that gets doubled down on due to idiot pride is an intentional distraction from russia is not being the adult in the room, it's desperately waving your arms saying "look at me!!! I'm still here!!!"

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Retro42 posted:

I'm at least getting some enjoyment out of the stupid coverage of a stupid typo turning into "why can't he just admit it was a typo?!".

The thing that has me curious, is how often he misspells things.

If he's on his phone, most words would autocorrect.

If he's on a computer, it'll put a red line under it.

I'm torn between him either turning the feature off, or getting into some sort of mental battle with autocorrect where he believes he's in the right.

e: The reason it is a big deal is that it took 6 hours for something like this to be corrected. 6 hours before anyone took notice.

What happens when he tweets something that is a significant impact and it takes 6 hours to clear it up?

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 1, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Skex posted:

You know I'm about has hard left as they come but the Hillary hate is really annoying to me. Sure she's flawed, sure she's a DLC flunky but her heart has always been in the right place. She's a woman who whatever her faults dedicated her life to the service and betterment of others. Yeah she didn't do it perfectly and I will always hold her vote for Iraq War Resolution against her, but enough already. She's not running again. She just cares about the country and the people and so she's going to continue to do what she always did and speak out and act. I'm not going to fault her for that.

And you know what. She's right about a lot of this poo poo if you actually put your Hillary hate away for a minute and pay attention. While I doubt that this Covfefe poo poo is some sort of 3 dimensional chess move and it's far more likely that it was a simple typo and accident,. the reality is that it's chewed up an entire news cycle, everyone has spent the day going on and on about this Covfefe poo poo like it matters in any way shape of form. So while Trump and his cronies may not have planned for this they sure as gently caress took advantage of it.

Time chewed up on literal loving nonsense rather than discussing the systematic dismantling of decades of progress on social and ecological issues.

While Trump may not be the genius he thinks he is. The reality is that the people who put him in power are not all bumbling idiots. Even the Russian poo poo is mainly functioning as a distraction to the nefarious crap these assholes are actively engaging in broad daylight. Oh and for what it's worth, Clinton was trying to call Trump out on the Russian poo poo during the election too but for some reason (sexism most likely) it was ignored while everyone went crazy about her emails.

Hillary didn't lose the election, we all did. So stop acting like she is solely responsible for this poo poo.

There's a difference between having a hard on hatred for Hillary (which I don't have) and wondering what she is adding after 2017 as a politician and an activist. You can feel that she was totally screwed by a lot of things totally outside her control, that she faced a lot of adversity based on her gender, accomplished a lot as a politician, and that she should definitely have been president but also question what she is adding when she is also the most galvanizing figure in the Democratic party, has terrible judgement in picking her close allies, and does not seem to have much in terms of campaigning intuition especially compared to her husband.

The response that as the most prominent and successful female politician she should stick around to show that she was not beaten I think was a good answer to my question.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 1, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pander posted:

You haven't lived under a truly authoritarian government before then.

Yet.

e: topical x-quote

Slugnoid posted:

no regerts

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

The Glumslinger posted:

It was funny, but really that is all there is to it. Trump hosed up, took forever to notice, then doubled down on it being intentional. Its a microcosm of everything about him, but it also means loving nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's a testament to how stupid/terrible everyone is, not just Trump and his people. This poo poo blew up all night on Twitter, and in this thread, like the idea that someone making a typo on a cell phone keyboard was inconceivable before last night.

Then it just got dumber by newsmedia actually reporting it and then the administration trying to justify it. Dumb all the way around.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Kathy griffin owned until she apologized

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taffer posted:

claiming a dumb typo that gets doubled down on due to idiot pride is an intentional distraction from russia is not being the adult in the room, it's desperately waving your arms saying "look at me!!! I'm still here!!!"

yeah she's acting like it's a purposeful move to distract as opposed to trump being a thin skinned nincompoop.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

It's a testament to how stupid/terrible everyone is, not just Trump and his people. This poo poo blew up all night on Twitter, and in this thread, like the idea that someone making a typo on a cell phone keyboard was inconceivable before last night.

Then it just got dumber by newsmedia actually reporting it and then the administration trying to justify it. Dumb all the way around.

I mean, it was funny

But it wasn't news

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mr Interweb posted:

God, that lady was such a loving idiot. More so than the typical Trumpkin. I mean, he clearly spelled out that at least 12 million no, good, dirty illegals were rapists, murderers and drug dealers that were also stealing hard working Americans' jobs. Why would she think her husband would be safe from breaking the law to work in the place of a patriotic REAL murkin?

When you aren't thinking logically, and are just thinking based on team identification . . .you aren't thinking logically, and you think everything is going to happen based on team identification. And you don't realize that just 'cause you think someone's on your team, that doesn't mean they actually are.

This poo poo all evolves to help is deal with small pack / tribe social dynamics. It's instinctual, not reasoned.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Says who?

:haw:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Taffer posted:

where is anyone seeing she commented on it? where did she refer to it as an intentional distraction?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Radish posted:

There's a difference between having a hard on hatred for Hillary (which I don't have) and wondering what she is adding after 2017 as a politician and an activist. You can feel that she was totally screwed by a lot of things totally outside her control, that she faced a lot of adversity based on her gender, accomplished a lot as a politician, and that she should definitely have been president but also question what she is adding when she is also the most galvanizing figure in the Democratic party, has terrible judgement in picking her close allies, and does not seem to have much in terms of campaigning intuition especially compared to her husband.

The response that as the most prominent and successful female politician she should stick around to show that she was not beaten I think was a good answer to my question.

She's kick-rear end at fundraising and is channeling dough into folks like swing left to finance down ballot races in 2018, and also a lot of people like her and she can serve to inspire more people to enter public service and strive to achieve things they might be told aren't achievable. It's ironic that it took losing to spur the largest movement in that direction in decades, of course.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Interweb posted:

trump voters are mentally immature and lack empathy for people they otherize, this is what makes it very difficult for them to realize that they're being swindled

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

skylined! posted:

nj bro you just described a bureaucratic institute working as intended

are you a loving oil speculator or something what the gently caress

Literally yes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

boner confessor posted:

trump voters are mentally immature and lack empathy for people they otherize, this is what makes it very difficult for them to realize that they're being swindled

BC add in some lack of self reflection too.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

The actual quote

"It's to avert attention. It's like covfefe. Trending! Worldwide! Maybe for a minute you'll forget the latest accusation about them transpiring with Russia," she said. "It's the circus, right? It's what a classic authoritarian does."

She's not wrong.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Literally yes

:blows smoke from posting guns:

anyway sorry bout your dumb job, hope you're makin bank.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Low Desert Punk posted:

Kathy griffin owned until she apologized

Seriously, why would she think that would help? Nobody opposed to it would ever care about an apology, and everyone who supported it will think she's a coward now.

If she wanted to be a real outsider artist or whatever the hell she was going for, the only way through it would be to double down and troll everyone until she was proven right. Now she'll just be hated even more until she's forgotten even sooner.

And give the right easy ammunition in the form of "think of the children".

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

arbybaconator posted:

This thread isn't moving a thousand posts an hour, so I guess this just isn't really a big deal?
The House, and the Senate to a lesser extent, isn't really interested in a Russia probe. This is all for show.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

skylined! posted:

:blows smoke from posting guns:

anyway sorry bout your dumb job, hope you're makin bank.

I think the EPA is extremely valuable, I don't know why I'm getting jumped by saying it's heavily mismanaged and filled with incompetent people

Edit: that being said, Scott Pruitt is a huge step down

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 1, 2017

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/crooksandliars/status/870049017517948929

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/870038575747915776
https://twitter.com/benyc/status/870040461695737858

Looks like that wacky Nunes is trying to run interference on the Russia investigation again. Is there any chance Mueller's investigation catches up to this ratfucker too?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

We're an international laughing-stock, just FYI.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

skylined! posted:

where is anyone seeing she commented on it? where did she refer to it as an intentional distraction?

I don't think she called it intentional, but I haven't been able to find the clip or a direct quote so I'm going on my flawed memory. But when I saw it I thought she said the White House was happy to see us distracted with something dumb, not that they actively planned it. But I can't find anything to confirm/correct.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/870013673753919488

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/870016982355259392

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

I think the EPA is extremely valuable, I don't know why I'm getting jumped by saying it's heavily mismanaged and filled with incompetent people

Edit: that being said, Scott Pruitt is a huge step down

I don't think anyone here would disagree the EPA lacks teeth. So does OSHA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

We've become addicted to Trump scandal, and if we had to snort some covfefe to keep that high going, well...

• Locked thread