Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Tommy La Stella: savior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Tommy La Stella: savior.

Yes, that's what I said. :jerkbag: When you get swept by the second-worst team in all of baseball and you have a road trip where you drive in like two non-homer runs, there's something wrong.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Cubs went 12-15 in May. Quit freaking out when your team is 2 games back.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cubs bullpen is really good. Even with Joe not managing it particularly well.

I think we're just seeing regression from a lot of players which was expected (especially defensively). Guys like Russell, Contreras, and Rizzo are having down years. Schwarber doesn't belong in the majors right now but he's playing everyday for some reason. And Joe has been really bad at putting out the best lineup each day (especially now when they are healthy).

It's not terrible because the Central is a joke. Still think they'll win the division which is all that matters. But this also isn't just some fluke start to the season and they'll start playing .600+ baseball the rest of the season.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You cannot keep putting Kyle Schwarber out there. I understand it's fun to make fun of him and haha, look at that fat man play left field, but he is spiraling downward.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Cubs went 12-15 in May. Quit freaking out when your team is 2 games back.

wow, just heard some reports that the Chicago Cubs have been disbanded, the players scattered to obscure leagues around the globe, and wrigley field razed for luxury condominiums in the heart of chicago's vomit and drunk guy loudly yelling at you that you're doing something that you are doing district.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Niwrad posted:

Live look-in at Joe Maddon's postgame press conference.

I made a more appropriate version:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

wow, just heard some reports that the Chicago Cubs have been disbanded, the players scattered to obscure leagues around the globe, and wrigley field razed for luxury condominiums in the heart of chicago's vomit and drunk guy loudly yelling at you that you're doing something that you are doing district.

About time.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

This year's edition of Cubschat is much more entertaining.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I don't really miss that Cubshine and Lollipops video.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Sounds to me like the Cubs should trade for Eduardo Nunez...

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Thanks to Stockholm Syndrome I think I will miss him to some extent. If he could show up for one game a year where it was guaranteed that the White Sox would be playing clownball the whole time, that would be great.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
so if I buy MLB.tv, can I start a game that was already in progress from the beginning and skip around in it and stuff?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

cis autodrag posted:

so if I buy MLB.tv, can I start a game that was already in progress from the beginning and skip around in it and stuff?

Sure.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

cis autodrag posted:

The first part, yes. The second part, technically yes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cis autodrag posted:

Yes. But bear in mind that MLB.tv is still subject to blackout rules unless you also have a cable subscription.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Kirios posted:

You cannot keep putting Kyle Schwarber out there. I understand it's fun to make fun of him and haha, look at that fat man play left field, but he is spiraling downward.

Clearly the answer is to put him where he's most comfortable - behind the plate.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Timby posted:

Yes. But bear in mind that MLB.tv is still subject to blackout rules unless you also have a cable subscription.

This won't be a problem :)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I never understood why Schwarber was playing everyday a year from major knee surgery. And why he starts against lefties when he's never shown he can hit lefties. Or why he was leading off so that he came up with no one on and teams could shift on him.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Niwrad posted:

I never understood why Schwarber was playing everyday a year from major knee surgery. And why he starts against lefties when he's never shown he can hit lefties. Or why he was leading off so that he came up with no one on and teams could shift on him.

The Maddon Experience

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Inspector_666 posted:

The second part, technically yes.

Technically? Is there some other secret limitation about mlb.tv my privileged canadian rear end isn't aware of?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Niwrad posted:

People fell in love with him after his rookie season because a) he hit some massive dingers b) he was really good in a very small number of postseason games c) it's funny watching a fat guy run around in LF. Maddon's kept putting him in hoping that he'll manage to get it going but at this point I think he needs some time in Triple-A to work on his swing and lose some of the weight.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 1, 2017

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Julio Cruz posted:

People fell in love with him after his rookie season because a) he hit some massive dingers b) he was really good in a very small number of postseason games c) it's funny watching a fat guy run around in LF. Maddon's kept putting him in hoping that he'll manage to get it going but at this point I think he needs some time in triple A to work on his swing and lose some of the weight.

Our big fat guy who hit an impressive postseason donger but can't hit lefties lost the weight and we STILL traded him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

cis autodrag posted:

This won't be a problem :)

Hopefully by "won't be a problem" you don't mean "I'm using a VPN." MLB.tv began auto-banning VPN users last year, without warning or refund -- just bam, account's terminated.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:five:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe the Cubs wouldn't be so bad if they didn't trade Gleyber Torres. :rip: their chance of a world series.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
At least I'll get to see Fowler get his WS Ring and a standing ovation at Wrigley on Friday before the Cardinals absolutely grind up the Cubs into a fine powder and snort them. :unsmith:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:perfect:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

know who is not bad at baseball?

The Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

bawfuls posted:

know who is not bad at baseball?

The Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles

My team is absolute garbage right now, so in response I'll just post video of happier days.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=saftUXlpRv4

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pancakes posted:

My team is absolute garbage right now, so in response I'll just post video of happier days.

:sweep::sweep:

(But Ryu is starting today and he's kinda broken so the winning streak likely ends here)

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That's just perfect.

Pancakes posted:

I was seriously hoping this was going to be RIOT.mp4 but I'm left disappointed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

~Happier Days~

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

ComposerGuy posted:

Lol that the Astros aren't going to get a single starter via voting despite being the best team in baseball.

I'd bet on Dallas Keuchel being the starting pitcher, but yeah. I'll be mad at ASG rules again if a bunch of non-Astros cost us home field in the WS*.

*Assumes they don't get swept out of the ALDS by the play-in winner because Houston.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'd bet on Dallas Keuchel being the starting pitcher, but yeah. I'll be mad at ASG rules again if a bunch of non-Astros cost us home field in the WS*.

Keuchel will go for sure but I'd be shocked if the AL starter wasn't Chris Sale.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just want everyone to know that Byron Buxton raised his average 54 points in the month of May.

He is now hitting a robust .201 on the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zigmidge posted:

Technically? Is there some other secret limitation about mlb.tv my privileged canadian rear end isn't aware of?

"Technically" because the DVR features sometimes just don't seem to work.

bawfuls posted:

~Happier Days~

Now he only deals in the other types of dong shots. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-k0bveAJkE

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

At least I'll get to see Fowler get his WS Ring and a standing ovation at Wrigley on Friday before the Cardinals absolutely grind up the Cubs into a fine powder and snort them. :unsmith:

Send me a PM, I'll stop by and say hey

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

now please make a Cubs-Fan-Homer.gif where he is wearing a Cubs shirt as he goes into the bushes and when he comes out he is in Astros orange

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

I just want everyone to know that Byron Buxton raised his average 54 points in the month of May.

He is now hitting a robust .201 on the season.

Pretty sure everyone on the Astros roster's BA went up 54 points in that series too.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Wait, how did I miss this?

• Locked thread