Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It has a good cast delivering some Remedy-rear end lines.

It has camp value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Fuckssake.

Are they at least not unbelievably terrible?

They're Syfy original series quality at best

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Looks like Hover: Revolt of Gamers came out. Aside from having the worst possible subtitle, how's the game? They were inspired by Jet Set Radio and got Hideki Naganuma to do some music so I'm, like, 90% sold already.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Can you skip the TV show bits?

Mhm.

Or you can just fast-forward, if you don't want to miss important plot points and finely crafted dialogue like this:

e: whoops beaten

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

WMain00 posted:

Quantum Break is on sale. Is it any good at all?

Its....okay? Its not Remedy's best.

The gameplay, when it actually happens, with the time powers is kind of cool and the story is neat enough. The TV show stuff is weird though, where you'll play the game for an hour and then watch a 30 minute TV show that occasionally features characters from the game.

I had an alright time with it but I wouldn't spend more than 15 bucks on it.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

welp, poor impulse control has brought me here to say I bought this game, I figure it's about as close to JSRF on PC that I'm gonna get so sign me right the gently caress up

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snuffman posted:

Its....okay? Its not Remedy's best.

The gameplay, when it actually happens, with the time powers is kind of cool and the story is neat enough. The TV show stuff is weird though, where you'll play the game for an hour and then watch a 30 minute TV show that occasionally features characters from the game.

I had an alright time with it but I wouldn't spend more than 15 bucks on it.

It's Alan wake II, but they wanted their own IP and Alan Wake was taken.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure I saw Lt. Cedric Daniels in the Quantum Break trailer so it can't be all bad.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I would probably try Dungeonmans if it had a different name
I never played Dungeons of Dredmor because I hated the main protagonist's eyebrows, so I get this.
That said I did eventually play Dredmor and hated it for some reason I can't recall but probably not something as dumb as his eyebrows.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Hav posted:

Alan Wake is their IP.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Alan Wake is their IP.
It was Microsoft wanted their own IP instead of Alan Wake II.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't suppose anyone has a Dark Forces II save file of around level 11? My quicksave got corrupted and my last manual save is from level 2. This blows.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Phlegmish posted:

I don't suppose anyone has a Dark Forces II save file of around level 11? My quicksave got corrupted and my last manual save is from level 2. This blows.
This might work: http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sgf/jediknight.html

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fuckin bought

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks. That got me up to level 8, at least. I think i'm putting this game down for a while, I don't feel like replaying three levels I just played.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks. That got me up to level 8, at least. I think i'm putting this game down for a while, I don't feel like replaying three levels I just played.

There's a cheat to skip levels: thereisnotry

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy moly when did Obduction add a movie to the Steam page with intense rock music over panning shots of tranquil puzzle scenes? It's so absurdly ill-fitting, I love it.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 31, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hav posted:

It's not really like Alan Wake apart from being third person

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Piranna Bytes second attempt at making another Gothic franchise, ELEX, is coming to steam soon. Possibly in August if THQ Nordic doesn't disclose an iron clad destination in Q3 17 at E3.

Outside of trying to create a post-Apocalypse setting on an alien world with similar enough to Modern Day Earth tech, along with factions including magic casting Berserker Warriors straight out of their typical games, Techno Priests, Mad Max Scavengers all up against the big bad Elex using Space Marines, it's pretty much the same drat game you've either come to like or find to janky to bother with. Hopefully, with abandoned ancient technology along with the choice to get juiced up on ELEX again, there won't be the problem of the later Risens where there's the cool faction to side with fun play times and a boring guns only faction of dumbasses - but time will tell how much PB fucks this up too maybe.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

How is this not a CitB post.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Copper Vein posted:

How is this not a CitB post.

cause i only play good games

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Crabtree posted:

Piranna Bytes second attempt at making another Gothic franchise, ELEX, is coming to steam soon. Possibly in August if THQ Nordic doesn't disclose an iron clad destination in Q3 17 at E3.

Looks stiff, janky, and bland so yeah I think Gothic/Risen fans will be happy.

e: lol the attempt at platforming and little jet thrusters at 35 minutes

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

I don't think I've had a game trailer give me chills in a long time.

But Not Tonight posted:

about as close to JSRF on PC

:homebrew:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Hover looks rad but Revolt of Gamers might be the worst subtitle ever.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So with the changes to card drops are idlemaster and so on totally useless now, or is there a new alternative program that fakes all that poo poo for you?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Holy Humming The Bassline, you weren't kidding about Hover being like JSRF

:krad:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

Looks stiff, janky, and bland so yeah I think Gothic/Risen fans will be happy.

e: lol the attempt at platforming and little jet thrusters at 35 minutes

Didn't watch the video, but it's good to know Piranha Bytes is about on par, developmentally, as modern Bioware. gently caress Mass Effect Andromeda was awful. :mad:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Drifter posted:

Didn't watch the video, but it's good to know Piranha Bytes is about on par, developmentally, as modern Bioware. gently caress Mass Effect Andromeda was awful. :mad:

Bioware needs more of a collection of bald white dudes as the main protagonist, though. I liked Risen a lot but they maxed with the original Gothic and Gothic 2. As janky as they were, you could do all kinds of fun and crazy poo poo to break things and the atmosphere was top-notch.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Light Gun Man posted:

So with the changes to card drops are idlemaster and so on totally useless now, or is there a new alternative program that fakes all that poo poo for you?

What? No, Idle Master still works, if I read that right, it's that the games will no longer start with cards. It's going to require a percentage of players having played/achieved things before they appear, and playtime will retroactively grant drops.

Or did they clarify that elsewhere and I missed it?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any thoughts on Tokyo 42? Came out today I guess?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you're willing to endure yet another indie pixel platformer, the creator of Towerfall Ascension has one coming out this week:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/504230/Celeste/

and here's an Action-Breakout game by the Bot Vice devs (drat they work fast)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/643880/Strikey_Sisters/

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 1, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Quest For Glory II posted:

if you're willing to endure yet another indie pixel platformer, the creator of Towerfall Ascension has one coming out this week:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/504230/Celeste/

This sure is Towerfall's movement in a Super Meat Boy style game which is fine by me! Looks like some decent platforming gimmicks in play too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Morter posted:

Holy Humming The Bassline, you weren't kidding about Hover being like JSRF

:krad:

it says co-op, are we talking good full campaign co-op or bad co-op, which is not that

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I clicked 'online' and saw 3 people zooming around in minutes. Fully intergrated into the ESC menu (no matchmaking or w/e)

Don't know about missions just yet but being a JSR/JGR/JSRF fan this is a literal dream come true.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

END ME SCOOB posted:

What? No, Idle Master still works, if I read that right, it's that the games will no longer start with cards. It's going to require a percentage of players having played/achieved things before they appear, and playtime will retroactively grant drops.

Or did they clarify that elsewhere and I missed it?

Is that what it is? OK, then I've totally misunderstood! Cool, that's the good kind of misunderstanding.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Got some keys from the Humble Bundle:

Volgar the Viking: B2M3J-IKZET-BRLB*

* = 3

Small Radios Big Televisions: *DN0M-FPYFV-L4YC0

* = 4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wayback posted:

Volgar the Viking

I took your Volgar. Thanks a lot dude.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jimbot posted:

Bioware needs more of a collection of bald white dudes as the main protagonist, though. I liked Risen a lot but they maxed with the original Gothic and Gothic 2. As janky as they were, you could do all kinds of fun and crazy poo poo to break things and the atmosphere was top-notch.

Yeah, the fun with Gothic-likes is a gritty action-adventure RPG (not sophisticated in any sense, just feels like a 70s-80s sword and sorcery flick) that's all about giving you an environment to break over your knee and play how you want. Witcher took this and actually made a AAA game out of it, but for those that sort of like that kind of jank, its alright if they actually loving put effort into even making the game deliver what its supposed to. Hopefully they won't have a wild hair up their rear end to try and make incredibly tone deaf European social commentary again like what happened in Risen 2.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah, I ran idlemaster for about 5 days and made ~$33 in card sales. The only thing is after so long it wanted to run all the games left to idle at once. I just restarted it and it went back to one game at a time.
I think running all at once might still be okay, but I didn't want to chance it with all the asinine decisions Valve has made recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jamfrost posted:

This looks pretty wild.
-
Bahaha, this popped up on my queue: http://store.steampowered.com/app/639790/DEEP_SPACE_WAIFU/

- ONE HAND MODE !

• Locked thread