Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kilroy posted:

Alternately you can start taking it for granted that racist assholes stand a good chance of escalating to violence at the merest provocation, and take appropriate measures. Be prepared for them to attempt to use lethal force against you, and be ready to respond in kind.

I'm a liberal in Idaho, a state with more guns per capita than people, so take this advice with a grain of salt: buy a gun and learn to use it safely.

I am not saying you should go out looking for trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

If you didn't look up his children's ages and do that math the day after he won the election I don't even know what to say. Here's some bonus info, there are enough of them and a long enough time frame they could keep that going indefinitely.

:tinfoil:

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 1, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

If you didn't look his children's ages and do that math the day after he won the election I don't even know what to say. Here's some bonus info, there are info of them and a long enough time frame they could keep that going indefinitely.

That guy's not thinking big enough. If we're in Trump Foreverland/Thousand Year Reich 2.0, why not just do away with term limits?

I guess even that guy knows Obama would win.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Kilroy posted:

Alternately you can start taking it for granted that racist assholes stand a good chance of escalating to violence at the merest provocation, and take appropriate measures. Be prepared for them to attempt to use lethal force against you, and be ready to respond in kind.

Note: Provocation is most frequently daring to show up [in public/in your house of worship/at a rally/on campus/at your residence] depending on one's gender, religion, and/or skin tone.

Literally dozens of 'random' murders and shootings around the country in the last 18+ months by adherents to a very specific ideology.

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm a liberal in Idaho, a state with more guns per capita than people, so take this advice with a grain of salt: buy a gun and learn to use it safely.

I am not saying you should go out looking for trouble.

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think there's much of a choice left anymore after Portland, personally. It's us or them and I'd prefer it be a leftist being acquitted in self-defense over a dead Nazi than a Nazi claiming 3 victims.

Another strategy that may be less successful for a certain class of posters

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pacmania90 posted:

Hey Stone Cold, do you believe that leftists and antifas should buy guns and use them to kill nazis?

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

pacmania90 posted:

Hey Stone Cold, do you believe that leftists and antifas should buy guns and use them to kill nazis?

This would actually be pretty good yeah.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

If you didn't look his children's ages and do that math the day after he won the election I don't even know what to say. Here's some bonus info, there are info of them and a long enough time frame they could keep that going indefinitely.

Do these people actually want nothing but a single family to inherit the presidency? Do they not teach history anymore? :psyduck:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Paracaidas posted:

Note: Provocation is most frequently daring to show up [in public/in your house of worship/at a rally/on campus/at your residence] depending on one's gender, religion, and/or skin tone.

Literally dozens of 'random' murders and shootings around the country in the last 18+ months by adherents to a very specific ideology.

Another strategy that may be less successful for a certain class of posters

Um actually yeah strongly consider not taking my advice if you're a certain type of person.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Anchor Wanker posted:

This would actually be pretty good yeah.

What's stopping you if you think it is a good thing?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

Heh, sheeple, if you think roads are a good thing why aren't you out there pouring asphalt right now?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Furnaceface posted:

Do these people actually want nothing but a single family to inherit the presidency? Do they not teach history anymore? :psyduck:

They don't think the reasons why that would be bad are actually bad. They might even think it's a good thing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

It saddens me that, even in my state of MN, there are cops.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

pacmania90 posted:

I do. And knives, brass knuckles, lengths of metal pipe, and whatever weapons are available. By being Nazis, they are openly promising to murder society's most vulnerable. Why the hell should we let them?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
can i just say, and someone let me know if this is inappropriate, but, and i'm sorry for the language, but gently caress jeff sessions

gently caress that guy and i hope he rots in jail

gently caress jeff sessions

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

can i just say, and someone let me know if this is inappropriate, but, and i'm sorry for the language, but gently caress jeff sessions

Personally I hope he gets turned into cookies.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Trabisnikof posted:

Nothing, actually. Turns out guns are pretty easy to come by in this country, just bought a few more last week.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Brainiac Five posted:

Heh, sheeple, if you think roads are a good thing why aren't you out there pouring asphalt right now?

The way I oppose the rise of fascism in America is by posting online. I'm doing my part! Let someone else fight in the street.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Furnaceface posted:

No see the only problem with monarchies was that sometimes inbred idiots would inherit the throne. A bloodline as dynamic and all-American as Trump's would never fall prey to such a threat.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's appropriate.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Raylen posted:

Yes, Trump is definitely the new Hitler getting the ovens ready.

Give him a chance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This thread is starting to read a bit freepish.

We could use a Trump tweet right about now.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

A lovely Reporter posted:

I do. And knives, brass knuckles, lengths of metal pipe, and whatever weapons are available. By being Nazis, they are openly promising to murder society's most vulnerable. Why the hell should we let them?

I can dig it.
Good and just wars have been fought for less. The revolution for instance. Put them down.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Brainiac Five posted:

"when they themselves are made from carbon"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The fake followers were the reason the whole thing took off. Trump tweets some lame accidental tweet and within a couple hours, probably less, there were over 70K retweets and more than 120k likes and plateaued for a while before the tweet was deleted. It was the most obvious indicator of the massive number of bots still being used to manipulate the public through social media. From there it snowballed from "LOL, bot much?" to: "OBVIOUSLY it's not bots but the secret of humanity, maybe even those that come after the orb!".

The pinnacle was Trump waking up and trying to lean into it after the deletion and the cascade of painfully unfunny pile-on tweets from the right: Mike Huckabee: "Covfefe don't play dat!<yells off to the side, what was that other thing you kids do? Oh yeah.>... NOT! GREAT SUCCESS! COVFISSLE MY FEZZILE!"

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

The way I oppose the rise of fascism in America is by posting online. I'm doing my part! Let someone else fight in the street.

Do you understand the difference between collective action and individual action?

EDIT: Going Dirty Harry in the street is the latter, as a starting point.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Also: What's Mads Mikkelsen doing in there.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This. Why do liberals keep acting like he is a super tactical genius? He isn't.

There are plenty of stupid liberals too. Just look at my post history!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Here is a news so you will all shut up about that person

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/870071829431320576

Since this is the Post and the FISA court doesn't operate in the way described I'm assuming this is just Trump getting his friends to try to smoke out leakers.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Office Pig posted:

Personally I hope he gets turned into cookies.

I hope he gets enslaved in a toy workshop that solely provides minorities with the fruits of his labor, free of charge.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Same my man same.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
i hope trump starts advocating violence in the streets and passes legislation that says politically motivated violence is in fact not terrorism

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mercrom posted:

i hope trump starts advocating violence in the streets and passes legislation that says politically motivated violence is in fact not terrorism

He did that already. Not in the streets, but at his rallies. He didn't pass legislation, he just de facto got away with it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

The fake followers were the reason the whole thing took off. Trump tweets some lame accidental tweet and within a couple hours, probably less, there were over 70K retweets and more than 120k likes and plateaued for a while before the tweet was deleted. It was the most obvious indicator of the massive number of bots still being used to manipulate the public through social media. From there it snowballed from "LOL, bot much?" to: "OBVIOUSLY it's not bots but the secret of humanity, maybe even those that come after the orb!".

The pinnacle was Trump waking up and trying to lean into it after the deletion and the cascade of painfully unfunny pile-on tweets from the right: Mike Huckabee: "Covfefe don't play dat!<yells off to the side, what was that other thing you kids do? Oh yeah.>... NOT! GREAT SUCCESS! COVFISSLE MY FEZZILE!"

Yeah, this is the real story imo. A lot of people suspected huge numbers of bots operating on Trump's Twitter account before, but the covfefe thing was as hard an evidence as we can expect to have for it.

The real question imo is who is paying for those bots, and how exactly are they being used to influence public opinion (by liking/retweeting certain posts over others).

Or... is it a simple matter of Trump's immediate family buying lots of followers in an effort to sustain his bottomless hunger for attention and validation? I've said this before: I can totally see Ivanka doing it because she is genuinely afraid of what might happen if her father has some sort of mental crisis over not having enough support.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

He did that already. Not in the streets, but at his rallies. He didn't pass legislation, he just de facto got away with it.

Incidentally, he didn't wait for provocation from the ~violent leftists~, for anyone keeping a timeline.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

STAC Goat posted:

I bet Sean Hannity has an action figure of himself in his house.

Now, now. There's nothing wrong with owning a dildo.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Fojar38 posted:

Some people itt have been staring into the abyss for a bit too long I think.

The scene from the last episode of Fargo where Sy goes home and breaks down because everything has just gone insane describes my feelings perfectly and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone:

*Sy comes home and starts crying*
Wife: For pete's sake hun, what's wrong?
Sy: The world... the world is wrong....
Wife, hugging him: Whatever it is, say it.
Sy: It looks like my world, but everything's different.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mustached Demon posted:

Same my man same.

Same with me my dudes.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RandomBlue posted:

The scene from the last episode of Fargo where Sy goes home and breaks down because everything has just gone insane describes my feelings perfectly and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone:

*Sy comes home and starts crying*
Wife: For pete's sake hun, what's wrong?
Sy: The world... the world is wrong....
Wife, hugging him: Whatever it is, say it.
Sy: It looks like my world, but everything's different.

I need to watch Fargo S3. I've got the first episode just waiting to be watched, but I just keep putting it off. How good is it, S1 good, S2 good, or Not Fargo S1 Or S2 Good, But Pretty Good Just The Same

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

I hope he gets enslaved in a toy workshop that solely provides minorities with the fruits of his labor, free of charge.

Turns out there are fates worse than death to some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
http://www.committeetodefendthepresident.com/

The above just had a bunch of ads appear on network tv. It's by a known, not very sophisticated, scam artist who creates fake 503s.

• Locked thread