Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

How much time needs to pass for the peddler to reappear?

Never. It's a one time thing, each army has 4 chances until they re-join at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Never. It's a one time thing, each army has 4 chances until they re-join at the end.

Oh gently caress, I thought it repeated. poo poo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The only thing I dislike about dungeons is that it restricts you to 10 characters, but it's a pain to choose which 10 to bring. Do you just have to rearrange the order, and it'll automatically select the first 10? I went into the Sylvan Shrine, but accidentally didn't bring Python because I forgot about that stupid thing. I had 2 healers with me too, which was such a waste. So I had to go back out to get him, and bring him back to the Mila statue. So annoying that it doesn't just give you a Unit Select screen.

The forest battle just before that was tough, all those god drat Cavaliers. I had to Turnwheel a couple of times but once I got my poo poo together the tide turned in my favour.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Dungeons would be better if you could shuffle your party inside of them. It's also annoying that you have to bring people you want to promote into the dungeon to promote them at the shrine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

The only thing I dislike about dungeons is that it restricts you to 10 characters, but it's a pain to choose which 10 to bring. Do you just have to rearrange the order, and it'll automatically select the first 10? I went into the Sylvan Shrine, but accidentally didn't bring Python because I forgot about that stupid thing. I had 2 healers with me too, which was such a waste. So I had to go back out to get him, and bring him back to the Mila statue. So annoying that it doesn't just give you a Unit Select screen.

The forest battle just before that was tough, all those god drat Cavaliers. I had to Turnwheel a couple of times but once I got my poo poo together the tide turned in my favour.
uh, you just click out the units you don't want and click in the units you want. like a unit select screen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

You can open the menu to evacuate characters and just choose Alm or Celica and that'll immediately exit you from them.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who's best with the Angel Ring? Or is luck pretty useless?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Who's best with the Angel Ring? Or is luck pretty useless?

Luck is still effectively Dodge, so give it to anyone dealing with caster with Excalibur or Brave Sword guys I guess? It's not really something I use frequently in any case.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

warping a dread fighter next to a witch is surprisingly cathartic.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Luck is still effectively Dodge, so give it to anyone dealing with caster with Excalibur or Brave Sword guys I guess? It's not really something I use frequently in any case.

You can't really dodge Excalibur.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Spell accuracy is fixed I think? Or is that only for the player?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Any hot strats for beating Grieth? The arcanist/sniper duos are good for ko-ing most of my units and I cant really turtle due to infinite bonewalkers

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
If Genny has Expel by then, that can take care of a lot of the bonewalkers. Besides that, I had managed to wall him in that middle room with Valbar, and Saber was able to tank against him for a bit as a Myrmidon. That, and Leon taking shots at him helped wear him down.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heaven Spacey posted:

Spell accuracy is fixed I think? Or is that only for the player?

It is, and also I don't think any enemy units even have Excalibur.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I used tactical pegasus strikes to eliminate the enemies before they could harass me. This may not work on hard though

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

You can't really dodge Excalibur.

Dodge, not Avoid. You know, Crit Evasion?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I used tactical pegasus strikes to eliminate the enemies before they could harass me. This may not work on hard though

I just finished it on hard and palla and catria were easily able to clear the far left while dread fighter saber moved in

I did have leon and atlas clear basically the entire right side while valbar and kamui stood in front of them

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Any hot strats for beating Grieth? The arcanist/sniper duos are good for ko-ing most of my units and I cant really turtle due to infinite bonewalkers

leon with killer bow basically 'solved' the map for me by himself.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Dodge, not Avoid. You know, Crit Evasion?

You should say that then!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

GulagDolls posted:

leon with killer bow basically 'solved' the map for me by himself.

Everybody mentions the killer bow, but I have no idea where it is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Upgrade the steel bow once, convert it to silver bow. Upgrade the silver bow once, change it to killer bow. You can get one as soon as chapter 3 first forging.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Forge and evolve a Silver Bow.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Tae posted:

Upgrade the steel bow once, convert it to silver bow. Upgrade the silver bow once, change it to killer bow. You can get one as soon as chapter 3 first forging.

I had no loving clue this was a mechanic :aaaaa: I haven't touched the forge except for rusty weapons.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Dont I need gold marks for that?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

No. Just a couple hundred silver.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heaven Spacey posted:

I had no loving clue this was a mechanic :aaaaa: I haven't touched the forge except for rusty weapons.

The game gives you two Shadow swords, one for each route. They're very cheap, like 50 silvers, to convert into Brave Swords which are arguably the best weapons for the main game. That or Silver swords, depending on how fast your Dreadfighters are.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

You should say that then!!

Don't blame me, that's what the games call it!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The bows have two forge paths, and the gold marks get you a different weapon, so you don't want that.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

So inAct 3 on Celica's side of things,

Am I correct in assuming that I have to drag Atlas around as a villager, and kill Grieth with him in tow before I can hit a statue to promote the dude? The second I try to go to the closest Mila statue, both Atlas and the Whitewings peace out, and I have to backtrack to get them back in the party.

Maybe I missed something obvious idk

E: vvvv thanks guys, I'll check that out

eggrolled fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 1, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you can go back to the shrine at the bottom of the map

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Them leaving also only triggers upon story missions, so you can go to the dragon shrine if you want and they won't care.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

leon... get a level thats not hp or skill... please

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

leon... get a level thats not hp or skill... please

ah, hp and skill. well played

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

not being able to see what a weapon will upgrade too is insanely dumb

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yup https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/forging/

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, just finished.

Overall, I quite liked it. Less stressful than Conquest, and less... poo poo than Birthright or Revelation. I mean, it's Gaiden, so the maps aren't exactly bundles of genius and the game's tendency to spam infinite reinforcements is far from my favorite, but the turnwheel cut into the stress enough for me to forgive that kind of thing. And actually having likable (and well voice acted) characters helps a lot.

Mae got the MVP listing in the credits, and I can't say she didn't earn it. Pretty much the cornerstone for team Celica. Pointed her at things, they died. Everybody else on the team had to get lucky or use specialized spells or both. She was a near-guarantee that one enemy was gone.

Good game, glad I played, hope that most of the mechanics don't become mainstays because holy hell infinite necrodragons is a bad time.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
I'm glad the game seems to share my dislike of Fernand. Every time I fight him, he immediately eats a ridersbane crit and never gets to attack. It's like...poetic clockwork.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

SweaterGear posted:

I'm glad the game seems to share my dislike of Fernand. Every time I fight him, he immediately eats a ridersbane crit and never gets to attack. It's like...poetic clockwork.
:agreed: Literally every time he showed up I put Clair in his range and he immediately impaled himself on her Ridersbane. Dude never loving learns.

I'm also happy to report that my Delthea has gotten past her lovely initial levels and is now a pint-sized avatar of pure destruction. I think at this point she has a higher rating than Alm, and he's no slouch.

Now, a question: for a late-game Dread Fighter Gray, should I hand him a Brave Sword or have him stick with Lightning? Foudroyant is pretty great, but enemy Res is getting quite high.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

SweaterGear posted:

I’m still bummed out he isn’t a party member. I was really looking forward to pitchforking him into a villager and then never ever promoting :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Brave Sword is pretty much the best weapon you can reasonably get in the campaign. Lightning Sword is great early on to score ORKOs but it falls off due to fixed Might and as you say, enemy Resistance scaling up.

• Locked thread