Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

There's no way Lena Ham will lose a lot of weight. Her whole schtick is being rich and vacuous

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Roflan posted:

I still don't know who Lena Dunham is even

She's a beautiful, empowered, independent woman.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm kidding she loving sucks.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

She's a beautiful, empowered, independent woman.

Qft. Disregard this grindcore guys next idiotic post

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
perhaps the only good thing about Trump winning was making lena really sad

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Jastiger posted:

Qft. Disregard this grindcore guys next idiotic post

Then give us a different perspective. Or if this post is too idiotic, try to think down to my level.

I don't want to believe she's as bad as she seems, because that says terrible things about her fans.
Although people compromising their own supposed morals to see anything positive in her is the funniest thing she's ever accomplished.

Why not defend the example of misandry below. Bear in mind the context: that she's made many sexist jokes, that her later grudging apology ("I felt bodyshamed :downs:) indicates that this is truly how she felt at the time, and that feelings of low self worth excuse misandry and tarring some guy who's just using his phone.

How is the below defensible?

quote:

I was sitting next to Odell Beckham Jr., and it was so amazing because it was like he looked at me and he determined I was not the shape of a woman by his standards. He was like, “That’s a marshmallow. That’s a child. That’s a dog.” It wasn’t mean — he just seemed confused.

The vibe was very much like, “Do I want to gently caress it? Is it wearing a … yep, it’s wearing a tuxedo. I’m going to go back to my cell phone.” It was like we were forced to be together, and he literally was scrolling Instagram rather than have to look at a woman in a bow tie. I was like, “This should be called the Metropolitan Museum of Getting Rejected by Athletes.”

I'll wait.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 28, 2017

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Then give us a different perspective.

The only thing in this thread that is both fatter and more pathetic than Lena is Jastiger.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im glad lena's making an effort to be healthy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blitter posted:

The only thing in this thread that is both fatter and more pathetic than Lena is Jastiger.

I hope not. I really hope there is some higher level meta thing about Lena that I'm missing.
Jastiger mentioning idiotic made me happy; I have high hopes they can convince me that an openly bigoted, popular feminist icon isn't a symptom the system is totally broken down.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Remember when there was a sudden surge of really funny women, and then Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy, Lena Dunham, and Whitney Cummings hosed it up for the others? lmao, good times

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Then give us a different perspective. Or if this post is too idiotic, try to think down to my level.

I don't want to believe she's as bad as she seems, because that says terrible things about her fans.
Although people compromising their own supposed morals to see anything positive in her is the funniest thing she's ever accomplished.

Why not defend the example of misandry below. Bear in mind the context: that she's made many sexist jokes, that her later grudging apology ("I felt bodyshamed :downs:) indicates that this is truly how she felt at the time, and that feelings of low self worth excuse misandry and tarring some guy who's just using his phone.

I'll wait.

The best thing about that whole episode is that she didn't realize that she wasn't the victim there; her sexualization of the black male as nothing more than a gently caress toy was waaaaaaaaaaay more hosed up than "handsome professional athlete doesn't want to talk to weird complete stranger"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ElGroucho posted:

Remember when there was a sudden surge of really funny women, and then Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy, Lena Dunham, and Whitney Cummings hosed it up for the others? lmao, good times

Obama > Trump

Makes u think

ElGroucho posted:

The best thing about that whole episode is that she didn't realize that she wasn't the victim there; her sexualization of the black male as nothing more than a gently caress toy was waaaaaaaaaaay more hosed up than "handsome professional athlete doesn't want to talk to weird complete stranger"

Absolutely agree. It's r/incels level of objectification and sexism. So entitled.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 28, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Roflan posted:

I've lost 15lbs in the past 35 days

Yikes please tell me you weighed over 300 when you started

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Don't doxx me, please.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'll wait.

She says some dumb poo poo for sure, but Im not gonna let that completely define her. Especislly when she is really attractive and makes good media and has good political views.

:dealwithit:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
WTF, her twitter says that "I just had vaginal surgery." No one wants to know this poo poo.

They were probably removing her dried out ovaries.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'll wait.
reminder that lena's stated excuse for the lack of nonwhite characters on Girls was that she doesn't know how to write them as characters. with what she wrote about OBJ, that's blatantly obvious

also OBJ is possibly gay and i wanted him to respond to that piece with, "joke's on you idiot, i love to suck dicks." except then the NFL would then blackball him and the Giants wouldn't have a talent like him anymore

Salty Josh posted:

WTF, her twitter says that "I just had vaginal surgery." No one wants to know this poo poo.
no, but lena thinks that we do. she thinks that she eats, breathes, and shits genius, and she's going to let everyone know about her talent. except when she speaks her mind, it always comes out as TMI poo poo like that or just plain ol' stupidity

as i said, good for her for losing weight. but my problem with her isn't physical, it's mental and intellectual

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hell I can tolerate a lot of mental issues in celebrities. But her utter intellectual bankruptcy and lack of talent is inexcusable

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lame-a doesn't have any mental issues from what i see, she's just as dumb as a sack of bricks and thinks that everyone needs to know how great and talented she is because she expects their reaction will always be positive. her life is the result of what you get when a child has parents who refuse to say "no" to anything they say

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Is it sexist of me to say that all the feminist icons these days seem kinda manufactured and worthless and utterly undeserving of their place at the forefront of feminist philosophy?

Surely, surely women could do better than a child molesting racist bougie, or the hideous malefactor corporate plague rat that is HRC. Can we all agree that if you used your obscene amount of wealth and the connections therefrom to achieve your status as a feminist icon, then you aren't a feminist icon?

Women deserve to be able to choose their role models, and I feel like all the current big shots are getting forced down my throat. Where the gently caress is today's Bell Hooks?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FisheyStix posted:

Is it sexist of me to say that all the feminist icons these days seem kinda manufactured and worthless and utterly undeserving of their place at the forefront of feminist philosophy?

Surely, surely women could do better than a child molesting racist bougie, or the hideous malefactor corporate plague rat that is HRC. Can we all agree that if you used your obscene amount of wealth and the connections therefrom to achieve your status as a feminist icon, then you aren't a feminist icon?

Women deserve to be able to choose their role models, and I feel like all the current big shots are getting forced down my throat. Where the gently caress is today's Bell Hooks?

That one Afghan girl that got shot in the head was ok. The rest, though? Utter posers

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

FisheyStix posted:

Source your quotes next time, please.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The one saving grace of Lena Dunham is that her scarred, barren ovaries will never bear fruit. Proof that God exists.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Id let her suck my xhilli pepper but i wouldnt gently caress her

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Imagine being the guy who puts up with her bullshit voluntarily

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Imagine being the guy who puts up with her bullshit voluntarily

There is no way anyone would be with her without being blackmailed or continously drugged srry. :shrug:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Zahgaegun posted:

"Slimdown" isn't a word.

It actually is

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Good for her.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FisheyStix posted:

if anyone calls you a sexist for this then they suck and are as stupid as lena dunham. i don't know when mainstream feminism started to believe that achieving power should be the highest goal for women, but it shows when the top icons are people like her, amy schumer, sheryl sandberg, and hillary clinton

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Reading between the lines of a lot of feminists on Lena, they seem to be saying that if she had a total personality transplant she could be a good frontrunner for feminism.

Which is really really sad.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Lena Dunham would come over to my house and fart on my cakes then afterwards we could eat the cake and fist each other.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
lest we forget lena telling hillary clinton about lenny kravis's dick. even the wikileaks internal clinton stuff said dunham was obnoxious and not the best choice for some events. then 4chan doxxed her gentrification brookyln condo address and found out she wasn't even registered to vote.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Has anyone seen Jimmy jars he was looking for this thread

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Toadvine posted:

Has anyone seen Jimmy jars he was looking for this thread

Did you check the bathroom at the gay bath house?

What about the bathroom at the gay Denny's?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I only go to house of pies (guys) it's like Denny's but with less pubic hairs in your food.

They also sell cakes there and I eat them after imagining Lena Dunham farting on them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

No. 9 posted:

lest we forget lena telling hillary clinton about lenny kravis's dick. even the wikileaks internal clinton stuff said dunham was obnoxious and not the best choice for some events. then 4chan doxxed her gentrification brookyln condo address and found out she wasn't even registered to vote.

"Lena Dunham and Gloria Steinem are nails on a chalkboard to the average American woman"

Nice locker room talk there. What other lovely things has she done?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

"Lena Dunham and Gloria Steinem are nails on a chalkboard to the average American woman"

Nice locker room talk there. What other lovely things has she done?

Supersizes at mcdonalds

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/869219187654348801

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Unbeknownst to Lena, but knownst to us, there was already a whole big series of successions should the president ever be removed from office, the information of which is readily available for everyone's knowledge.

I know it's a dream, but c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the idiots who threw tantrums about how they were going to move to canada if trump won should be allowed to talk about politics ever again

• Locked thread