Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

AstroZamboni posted:

Holy fuckshit

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
God, I love the main theme for the "Story About" episodes Vortex Shedding.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The biweekly schedule is going to loving kill me. You bastards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No fuckin way

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So

gently caress

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
So, uh... :stare:

:stonklol:

I'm sure everything will be fine?

(Alice Isn't Dead continues to be fantastic.)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
This last one didn't blow me away like "The Missing Sky" did, but the more I think about it, the more it gets to me. It's not sad like Old Woman Josie dying. Rather, it is tragic in a classical sense of good intentions gone terribly wrong. Also, I've been saying for a long time that I was hoping they were building a pantheon of deities in this world, and now it's official. I wouldn't have thought the Glow Cloud or The Woman from Italy counted, let alone the dragons. And why no mention of The Smiling God? Perhaps it isn't a true god, but represents some sort of corruption. I assume Desert Bluffs is one of the infinite alternative Night Vales that just happens to have a different name, but on the other hand maybe The Smiling God is Huntokarr's rival and set up a whole rival city to challenge her. A lot of questions raised, but a lot of answers being given as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The Smiling God is what the next novel's about going by the blurb.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I kind of like how The Dark Planet Lit By No Sun is still a mystery to even the gods.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

guess what http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/09/billions-of-dark-planets-roam-the-milky-way.html

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The dark planet is just lonely. :smith:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
So that last episode was an extended shout-out to the Mabel podcast?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Loved this weeks Alice. I finally figured out why I like the antagonist this season so much. I rewatched MI3 this weekend and her delivery reminds me a lot of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It really adds to the menace

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 14, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Loved this weeks Alice. I finally figured out why I like the antagonist this season so much. I rewatched MI3 this weekend and her delivery reminds me a lot of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It really adds to the menace

Sociopathy is Freedom.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
My only remaining question about Huntokar is: Have the citizens mistakenly imagined her as actor Lee Marvin? Or is he just her high priest, and after forgetting Huntokar the town built a statue of him instead?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Happy 5 years! :toot: Great episode.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Some drat fine metaphor in the new episode.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh, Steve. Oh, Carlos.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

So, regarding the new donation structure: I've been donating $10 a month since the program started. Will I still get scout badge after another 6 months?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man what where is this gonna go in September

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

What a fantastic episode, and what a fantastic five years.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm just glad that Cecil's finally accepting Steve and not just hating him anymore. :unsmith:

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Touching end to the season and I'm excited to see where this goes next. There are still so many loose ends left to explore: the men with the crates, Kevin, The Woman From Italy and The Distant Prince, Blood Space War etc. Personal highlights of Year 5 have been Love Is A Shambling Thing (featuring one of the creepiest passages ever in the show) and The Missing Sky. Have to say my only disappointment was the Felicia Day episode which felt completely off tonally and I'm glad it was just a one-off (hopefully!). August 1st can't come soon enough.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I think I'd like to see the Pantheon shift in their importance. Now that we have some kind of an understanding of them they become characters, not mysteries. I'm excited to hear about the Dark Planet Lit by No Sun and the Blood Space War (insofar as we can, I don't know how involved Parsons is in writing for that.)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That episode was really quite touching. Good work!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pencils R Cool posted:

Touching end to the season and I'm excited to see where this goes next. There are still so many loose ends left to explore: the men with the crates, Kevin, The Woman From Italy and The Distant Prince, Blood Space War etc. Personal highlights of Year 5 have been Love Is A Shambling Thing (featuring one of the creepiest passages ever in the show) and The Missing Sky. Have to say my only disappointment was the Felicia Day episode which felt completely off tonally and I'm glad it was just a one-off (hopefully!). August 1st can't come soon enough.

It's probably about time to go back to Kevin but with It Devours coming out I don't know if they'll do more smiling God stuff in the podcast right away

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I feel like I'm missing something - what did Cecil think of and figure out before the Weather?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

OneTwentySix posted:

I feel like I'm missing something - what did Cecil think of and figure out before the Weather?

Maybe when he accepted that this was indeed the end, a bit of the sky returned and he figured it out?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm just glad that Cecil's finally accepting Steve and not just hating him anymore. :unsmith:

:unsmith:

He still can't take care of his tan Corolla though :argh:

This was up there with my favorite episodes.I think ghost stories is #1, but this might be top 5. They both touch that same emotional nerve. Here's top five more years!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Tickets acquired woo

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.

ScrubLeague posted:

Tickets acquired woo

Just snagged our tickets for the Dallas show--second row!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Snowdog79 posted:

Just snagged our tickets for the Dallas show--second row!

ooh your gonna get wet bring a poncho!!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Earwicker posted:

ooh your gonna get wet bring a poncho!!

And a mason jar for souvenir viscera and teeth!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Anyone here gonna be at the Birthday Party tonight besides me?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

DoctorWhat posted:

Anyone here gonna be at the Birthday Party tonight besides me?

yeah I was there

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i said hi to jeff twice and cheered for zack parsons and kevin was fuckin hysterical

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone better loving dish about After Dark

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It was hornt. The Faceless Old Woman had a sexy dream book and gave someone a handy and Kevin fellated a mic.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're calling the show in Tennessee Germantown instead of Memphis? I didn't think there were shows near me until someone either here or in the show intro mentioned that it's basically Memphis. And now I'll see you next Tuesday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

vortmax posted:

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're calling the show in Tennessee Germantown instead of Memphis? I didn't think there were shows near me until someone either here or in the show intro mentioned that it's basically Memphis. And now I'll see you next Tuesday!

They did the same with the Philly show. We weren't featured on the poster this year even though it was the same theatre as the last 2 years :(