Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

Sonjay Dutt won the X division title at today's Mumbai TNA taping

Unhindered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dixie invented Indian people

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yesterday's India TNA taping:

Low Ki defeats Caleb Konley. Sonjay Dutt comes out, wants an X title match here in Mumbai. Low Ki accepts
Davey Richards submits local Vinaash Verma. Postmatch EC3 comes out and whips Vinaash until James Storm comes to the rescue
Rosemary defeats Laurel Van Ness (with Sienna) via rollup. Postmatch Sienna and Laurel beat down Rosemary until Allie comes to the rescue with a kendo stick
EC3 promo making fun of India. EC3 whips the translator for refusing to translate. James Storm comes to the rescue again
Josh Matthews submits local Sandeep via Steiner Recliner. Mahabali Shera comes out to attempt rescue but is attacked by Lashley. Josh Steiner Recliners Shera until Alberto Del Rio comes to the rescue
Braxton Sutter (with Allie) defeats Trevor Lee. Sienna and Laurel challenge Allie and Rosemary post-match, doubting Rosemary will even show up
10 man gauntlet for the Sony SIX invitational trophy. Shera wins, eliminating KM last. Other entrants: Suicide, Matt Sydal, Davey, Swoggle, Eddie Edwards, Rockstar Spud, Kongo Kong, and Moose
Moose is going to find a partner for Slammiversary against Chris Adonis and Eli Drake
Prichard wants to see Lashley and Del Rio each defend their belts in India, and if either lose they're out of the Slammiversary match
Lashley retains TNA title over Moose
Del Rio retains GFW title over Adonis. Post-match, Eli and Adonis attack Del Rio until Moose comes to the rescue
Sonjay Dutt wins the X title against Low Ki and celebrates to close the night

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 31, 2017

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chris James 2 posted:

Josh Matthews submits local Sandeep via Steiner Recliner. Mahabali Shera comes out to attempt rescue but is attacked by Lashley. Josh Steiner Recliners Shera until Alberto Del Rio comes to the rescue

???

!!!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Del Rio is then attacked by EC3, until Shera attempts to make the rescue, but is attacked by Matthews who puts him in a Steiner Recliner again. At this point, local Sandeep has recovered and makes the save.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Over half the segments end with run-ins/beatdowns/saves/challenges

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mob posted:

Over half the segments end with run-ins/beatdowns/saves/challenges

And James Storm does it twice, almost back to back

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Chris James 2 posted:

And James Storm does it twice, almost back to back

He's a good friend.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
didn't James Storm spend like an entire year trying to indoctrinate Shera into his cult.

Edit: Nevermind, mixed up Del Rio and Storm.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Either they couldn't get Steiner for the tour after his big debut (classic TNA) or they always meant to pass the Steiner Recliner torch to Josh Matthews and push him as a loose cannon. That's a much better gonzo TEW angle than my dumb rear end "give Byron Saxton Jeff Hardy's TNA gimmick"

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Numero6 posted:

He's a good friend.

Back in the day in the NWA/WCW, specifically when Dusty was booking, you could always tell which babyface they were pushing the most because they would be the first to hit the ring in situations like this. Magnum T.A is one I remember doing it a lot.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Basic Chunnel posted:

That's a much better gonzo TEW angle than my dumb rear end "give Byron Saxton Jeff Hardy's TNA gimmick"

That was Abraham Washington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJzA9r1waqo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dave Meltzer posted:

Right now it appears the plan is for Io Shirai, who is also coming soon, to not be in the Mae Young Classic, as she’ll be finishing up in Japan first.

So the winner of the MYC will most likely be either Toni Storm (although I haven't heard much about if she has officially signed yet or not) or Kairi Hojo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA Mumbai taping part 2

Sonjay Dutt continues celebrating. Low Ki wants a rematch. Slammiversary is 2 out of 3 falls. They shake hands, then Low Ki attacks Dutt and Mahabali Shera. Matt Sydal comes to the rescue
Swoggle chased Rockstar Spud
Laurel Van Ness and Sienna defeat Allie and Rosemary (Sienna pins Rosemary)
Shera defeats KM. Postmatch KM and Kongo Kong attack Shera
Sydal wins another Sony SIX Invitational (this one for the X Division) by eliminating Trevor Lee last. Other entrants were Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Braxton Sutter, and Suicide
Moose's Slammiversary partner is NFL player DeAngelo Williams. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis attack Moose because DeAngelo isn't here to help
James Storm and Alberto Del Rio defeat EC3 and Lashley via DQ after EC3 whips the ref. Del Rio chases Lashley off and celebrates with both world titles
Sydal and Sonjay defeat Lee and Low Ki
Slammiversary contract signings for Rosemary/Sienna, Davey+Angelina Love/Eddie+Alisha (mixed tag Full Metal Mayhem), EC3/Storm (strap match), Lashley/Del Rio (champ vs champ). Everyone brawls
Eli and Adonis defeat Mumbai Cats
Sutter, Allie and Rosemary defeat KM, Laurel and Sienna (Rosemary pins Sienna)
Del Rio, Storm, Eddie and Shera defeat Kong, Davey, EC3 and Lashley (Del Rio pins Kong)
Swoggle defeats Spud in a Mumbai street fight refereed by an Indian dwarf. Swoggle puts Spud through a table

I believe said Mumbai street fight is the last TNA match aired before Slammiversary. What a build

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Moose's Slammiversary partner is NFL player DeAngelo Williams. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis attack Moose because DeAngelo isn't here to help

what

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Moose's Slammiversary partner is NFL player DeAngelo Williams.

lmao

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Can't believe DeAngelo didnt make the trip to India to help Moose

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He was in the back but they tried to work him to take less of the gate.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

did they even charge gate for the Mumbai tapings?

What was attendance like

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Do we see Steiner scaring the audience?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Numero6 posted:

Do we see Steiner scaring the audience?

He wasn't there. But they got the next best thing, Josh Matthews doing the Steiner Recliner twice

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Chris James 2 posted:

He wasn't there. But they got the next best thing, Josh Matthews doing the Steiner Recliner twice

Dang, ok.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Swoggle defeats Spud in a Mumbai street fight refereed by an Indian dwarf. Swoggle puts Spud through a table

I missed this part the first time

what

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that they had four loving contract signings and it wasn't even the fifth most "what"worthy part of the tapings

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 1, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm waiting for EC3 to run into this thread and start whipping someone, and for James Storm to come in with the save.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Why would they hire someone like Williams? No run-ins with the police, no drug issues, no strippers hit. What happened to the glorious days of Pacman Jones? You've changed, Impact.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paddy Power is listing Samoa Joe as the favourite for Sunday: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=3702672

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

More importantly, you can get 100/1 odds on the next royal baby name being Boris.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also 500/1 on P. Diddy being the next James Bond.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

rovert posted:

Paddy Power is listing Samoa Joe as the favourite for Sunday: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=3702672

God I hope not. They need to build Joe up and that fight. That is a big money match for the future.

Honestly the best option would be Seth since he has the least to lose and they won't have to worry about building him up for it.

If Strowman is penciled in for Summerslam then hold off on Balor until Survivor Series, use the summer to build up for the match. Then you do Joe at the Rumble, spending the next 7-8 months into making Joe into a monster he should be.

Obviously this is the WWE so none of this will happen and they will squander everyone involved.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wwe would totally rush a joe vs lesnar match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is Demon Balor still the only one with consistent wins over Joe?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brock is going to sqaush Finn, Braun, Joe, Bray, and Seth back to back to back to back to back pre-Mania so it makes Reigns look even better than he would have by merely winning at Mania

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell that's good. I hope he brutally squashes Seth especially.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Brock is going to sqaush Finn, Braun, Joe, Bray, and Seth back to back to back to back to back pre-Mania so it makes Reigns look even better than he would have by merely winning at Mania

This is what I'm thinking too. Hail the big dog!!!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd rather have a Joe vs. Lesnar match now vs. never

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It should be a Fatal 4 Way to determine who gets to accompany Roman to the ring at Wrestlemania.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
code:
Samoa Joe +110
Seth Rollins +110
Finn Balor +900
Bray Wyatt +1200
Roman Reigns +3000

Dean Ambrose +105
The Miz -145

Alexa Bliss -190
Bayley +150

Hardy Boyz +450
Sheamus & Cesaro -750

Neville -565
Austin Aries +375

Rich Swann & Sasha Banks +240
Noam Dar & Alicia Fox -320
Meh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Who got into Vince's ear about Samoa Joe? Kevin Dunn telling Vince he's too fat or that he isn't related to The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I did. Joe stinks. Was better in TNA.