Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
8BB is fine, just spam HE from max range and enjoy your witherer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

orange juche posted:

Do you post from a terminal session? considering it looks like you tried to backspace in a terminal window

:thejoke:

PS:

wdarkk posted:

8BB is fine, just spam HE from max range and get instantly deleted the moment a BB has line of sight to you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I realized that after i posted it, im not up to date on the latest YOSPOS memes.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Gwaihir posted:

Man with all this cruiser talk I went to actually look at my stats because it's been a long while and I've been playing lots of cruisers since I last looked.

My average Kutuzov damage is 30k higher than the next highest, Atago lolololol. Kutuzov is a very balanced ship.

E: to be clear I'm nothing super good in cruisers because I have a real hard time refusing the siren song of the Yolo, it's just silly how easy it is to rack up massive scores in Kutuzov vs anything else. It literally does have it all.

Kutuzov is ridiculous. I honestly consider it to be a little more broken than the Belfast because of its range and actually having some ability to brawl and be dangerous to charge in its smoke thanks to torps. I have an 8 point captain in mine right now and I've been averaging 90k damage even without IFHE.

Thundercakes fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 31, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

In my experience battleships won't bother to fire on a target that's moving away from them at an angle unless there's nothing else to shoot.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
With these new flags you can get some really good payouts for decent/good games:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Aesis posted:

Tier 10 games are so dull for cruisers. Either 5 bb and 5 dd a side or 8 bb a side so you can't do poo poo as a cruiser. Get close? Get spotted and see 5 bb firing instantly at you :argh:

Zao still has a good time in tier 10. :supaburn:

Edit: Henri IV is no slacker either. I think I like it more than Moskva, but I don't have enough games in it to be sure yet.

dioxazine fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 31, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

wdarkk posted:

In my experience battleships won't bother to fire on a target that's moving away from them at an angle unless there's nothing else to shoot.

I wish I could have your experience. Mine is that high tier BB drivers go absolutely apeshit the moment my CA gets spotted and will focus fire me instead of any enemies closer to them.

That's assuming my own team's BBs aren't all trying to snipe from the map's edge and leaving me stuck trying to find something, anything to do that won't get me immediately deleted.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sperglord Actual posted:

I wish I could have your experience. Mine is that high tier BB drivers go absolutely apeshit the moment my CA gets spotted and will focus fire me instead of any enemies closer to them.

That's assuming my own team's BBs aren't all trying to snipe from the map's edge and leaving me stuck trying to find something, anything to do that won't get me immediately deleted.

Once you totally dodge one of their salvos they get bored.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Are CVs still an exercise in pain and futility? Any worth playing?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

TheFluff posted:

Enterprise is 2/2/2 on supertest, with 5 plane squadrons. This cannot possibly go wrong

Why is there another premium American Carrier when the Japanese carrier line still doesn't have a single premium carrier?

Velius posted:

Makes sense. If there's anything the Hood, the last Battlecruiser actually built is known for, its durability in combat.

And definitely does not have a history that involves a catastrophic detonation of its magazines from a single 15inch 10 minutes into a fight.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 31, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ZombieLenin posted:

Why is there another premium American Carrier when the Japanese carrier line still doesn't have a single premium carrier?

Isn't the Kaga a premium?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Ice Fist posted:

Isn't the Kaga a premium?

Maybe! I just came back after 6 months or so off. So I could have totally missed this.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ZombieLenin posted:

Maybe! I just came back after 6 months or so off. So I could have totally missed this.

Technically the Kaga isn't out on US yet.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

NTRabbit posted:

(Atago) > Takao > Mogami > New Orleans = Hipper > Chapayev

Excluding everything I haven't driven except Atago because I have Takao and it's the same bar the camo. Loving Fiji like I do, I expect I'll be sticking Edinburgh up with Mogami soon enough.

Kutuzov > Atago > Chapayev >= New Orleans > Mogami
Don't have the others.

The Mogami has no utility, short range and the AA is rear end. The torps are pretty useless because if you are in range to use them, you done hosed up. As Flamu put it, you can farm damage but you have little gameplay impact and carry ability.

The NO and the Chapayev are both good but in different ways. I do far worse in the New Orleans though, and I'm not a fan of the anemic DPM.

The Kutuzov is just stupid now though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'd put the Charles Martel somewhere in the middle. It has no utility besides AA but it has great range and handling and you can burn poo poo down.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

wdarkk posted:

Once you totally dodge one of their salvos they get bored.

If only. :(

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TheFluff posted:

The Mogami has no utility, short range and the AA is rear end. The torps are pretty useless because if you are in range to use them, you done hosed up. As Flamu put it, you can farm damage but you have little gameplay impact and carry ability.
Uhh, huh? The Mogami's range is the same as the Atago, and the Mogami is capable of stealth torping, which is to say, its torps are far from useless. While it lacks the forward torp angles of the Atago, it does mean you can drop both sets backwards without doing much turning, which the Atago can't (so the Atago's torp advantage comes in aggressiveness). The Mogami has much better potential in a duel than the Kutuzov.

There's a big difference between farming damage and actually closing out a game. The Kutuzov is the premier damage farming ship. It has smoke, it has ridiculous range, it has all the tools necessary to ever avoid being a target. But it doesn't have the tools necessary to actually win straight up fights with same-tier boats. The guns won't citadel angled CAs. You don't have the armor to tank 203mm shells or larger at medium/short ranges. Your concealment isn't great. This means you can't force DDs into bad situations, you can't ambush CAs, you just farm lots and lots of damage and get easy Witherers. But when push comes to shove, you are not going to 1v1 the enemy Atago and win, assuming he's of equal skill. Your job is to win the game BEFORE you have to start making things happen, because you'd be much better off in the Atago (or any other well-armored CA).

A big part of carrying means being able to win alone against enemies. The Kutuzov can't do that, as it can't self-spot while smoked. But when you have dumb pubbie meatshields, the Kutuzov will reap souls. But don't forget what the Kutuzov can't do, because overestimating your ship is a very fast way to throwing a clutch game moment.

PS: This is why the Belfast is stupid OP garbage. Not only can it damage farm like the Kutuzov, it also has absurd concealment and CAN self-spot in smoke with its RADAR, while also defeating another enemy of smoke, torpedoes, with its hilarious combination of Hydro and its ridiculous forward acceleration. The Belfast is not a 1v1 ship, it gets dumpstered by even a Shchors in a duel with its smoke down.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hazdoc posted:

Uhh, huh? The Mogami's range is the same as the Atago, and the Mogami is capable of stealth torping, which is to say, its torps are far from useless. While it lacks the forward torp angles of the Atago, it does mean you can drop both sets backwards without doing much turning, which the Atago can't (so the Atago's torp advantage comes in aggressiveness). The Mogami has much better potential in a duel than the Kutuzov.
I think the number of times I've actually stealth torped in open water in the Mogami and/or Atago can be counted on the fingers of one hand. It's pretty suicidal to be that close to something you want to torp, especially with all the carriers on EU. You get a lot of mileage out of the torps on the Atago when pushing corners and caps and poo poo, but you can't really do that in the Mogami so you rarely get to use them. Same thing on the Myoko, you get to use them on really incredibly dumb pubbies once in a blue moon but that's it. I think I use the Kutuzov's torps more than the Mogami's because you can at least fire them from smoke.

The big difference between the Atago and the Mogami when it comes to fighting on open water is that the Mogami can't afford to take any damage ever (the Atago is far more forgiving because of the heal) and that it relies more on DPM and less on alpha (the Atago gets far better mileage out of fading in and out of stealth). The Mogami preferably shoots from behind islands or not at all, much like the Chapayev, but is just plain worse at it than the Chapayev, and the Chapayev is also much easier to use on open water because of the extra range.

Hazdoc posted:

There's a big difference between farming damage and actually closing out a game. The Kutuzov is the premier damage farming ship. It has smoke, it has ridiculous range, it has all the tools necessary to ever avoid being a target. But it doesn't have the tools necessary to actually win straight up fights with same-tier boats. The guns won't citadel angled CAs. You don't have the armor to tank 203mm shells or larger at medium/short ranges. Your concealment isn't great. This means you can't force DDs into bad situations, you can't ambush CAs, you just farm lots and lots of damage and get easy Witherers. But when push comes to shove, you are not going to 1v1 the enemy Atago and win, assuming he's of equal skill. Your job is to win the game BEFORE you have to start making things happen, because you'd be much better off in the Atago (or any other well-armored CA).

This is true, but I think you're undervaluing the Kutuzov a bit. The IFHE DPM is incredibly strong against cruisers and you do have usable torps, so it's surprisingly nasty at close range even if it is at a disadvantage. The smoke does mean you can hang fairly close to caps that the other cruisers don't like going near early in the game too, so it's true that it's less reliable late game than an Atago is, it's definitely better at stacking the odds in your favor early on.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 31, 2017

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFgSY_GSvc

Insane carry by Flamu, even if its in a very strong ship in the Myoko. You think you are starting to get better at this game. Then you realize you are nowhere close to being able to pull off what he just did

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm not sure that I agree with the opinion about the Mogami. With 155s it's a silly burner and I've already gotten a couple of "witherer" with it. I don't use IFHE and the damage is excellent.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

If I have to be bottom-tier, one of the ships I'm most comfortable in is the Atago. It can dictate engagements with its concealment. It can easily brawl other CAs. It's a very strong and flexible ship. The Kutuzov is really a support ship. I love it, and it does enormous amounts of damage, but it's fragile.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Was this a carry? I think it was a carry.

Highlight for me was rushing back to our base, while at 30% health because I couldn't heal any more damage, and then winning a 2v1 against a Myoko and another Edinburgh. Then I killed the Nurenburg that was shooting me at long range and only then noticed I had racked up 7 kills and we were probably going to win. It was looking pretty bad until that point and when our base started to get capped I briefly considered just trying to farm more damage before the game ended. But I decided I had to go for it and welp, there it is.

I also got lucky and detonated the NC with a torp hit under the forward turrets as he was rushing my smoke. He was really low and would have died anyway to flooding (first set of torps from me forced his repair), but getting that kill faster saved me from more damage and a possible death.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

MikeC posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFgSY_GSvc

Insane carry by Flamu, even if its in a very strong ship in the Myoko. You think you are starting to get better at this game. Then you realize you are nowhere close to being able to pull off what he just did

Completely :agreed:. That was an amazing video. I have to re-watch it. Today was a good day and my last game I broke 2000 base xp. Someone like Flamu does that half drunk. Still, the Gearing is fun. :unsmith:

El Disco posted:

If only that Hood driver had done the e-honrabu thing and died so you could get solo warrior. :colbert:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

El Disco posted:

Over 3k base xp? Nice.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

Completely :agreed:. That was an amazing video. I have to re-watch it. Today was a good day and my last game I broke 2000 base xp. Someone like Flamu does that half drunk. Still, the Gearing is fun. :unsmith:

And the music playing on his live stream during most of that game was Don't Stop Believing. Fitting.

MoraleHazard posted:

If only that Hood driver had done the e-honrabu thing and died so you could get solo warrior. :colbert:

Oh that wasn't in the running. By the time I had finished off those cruisers, it was down to their Bismark against the Hood and Fuso on the other side of the map.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Us sad fuckers in stream were just puckering, because the game before that was a disaster and he was in full on rage mode. When a double Belfast AAO + 5th best EU player division showed up ("they can't win in competitive so they pull this poo poo in randoms" -Flamu) we pretty much thought the game was over before it had even started.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I wanted to try the PTS to see what the PvE mode was about, and somehow credits are broken on there. As in you have 0 of them and can't earn any more of them. So enjoy a round in a stock ship I guess.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Odd - I think they usually give you 500 million credits. That's what I've had the last couple of times, plus 30k doubloons.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
The biggest thing about Mogami (don't auto correct me) and Atago play is knowing when to not shoot. Completely obnoxious ships to play against. Mogadishu starts fire constantly now and hits 5k salvos on BB. Also disappear before a reload.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 1, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Iceshade posted:

Us sad fuckers in stream were just puckering, because the game before that was a disaster and he was in full on rage mode. When a double Belfast AAO + 5th best EU player division showed up ("they can't win in competitive so they pull this poo poo in randoms" -Flamu) we pretty much thought the game was over before it had even started.

I only watch his YouTube replay vids, so have never seen rage mode. That has to be humorous.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

MoraleHazard posted:

I only watch his YouTube replay vids, so have never seen rage mode. That has to be humorous.

It's pretty much the reason we watch him :D

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
What's the playstyle for Kuma? Pretend you're a DD?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

Flamu rage? I don't know what you're talking about.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousCarelessScallionOneHand

https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyObliviousFishOneHand

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldBrainySaladPlanking

That first one is older, from before they buffed the Z-52.

Sheep posted:

What's the playstyle for Kuma? Pretend you're a DD?

Yeah, you have good firepower but almost the entire ship is a citadel. Ambush ships if you can, shoot from behind cover, and if you have to do it in the open never stop dodging. Taking Priority Target helps to alert you to when you need to start dancing. The 7km torps reload pretty quickly too so fart those out whenever you can.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

El Disco posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousCarelessScallionOneHand

https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyObliviousFishOneHand

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldBrainySaladPlanking

That first one is older, from before they buffed the Z-52.

Can't get Twitch at work, I'll have to watch later.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011
Flamu's kryptonite is random widespread torps

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickPricklyKleePrimeMe

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

El Disco posted:

This one's from yesterday.

Shortly after that he scored a double-strike with five seconds left on the match timer which pushed his team's points above the enemy's and earned him a Solo Warrior.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Clarence posted:

Odd - I think they usually give you 500 million credits. That's what I've had the last couple of times, plus 30k doubloons.

Yea, something was hilariously broke. There was a warning symbol over credits that said something I don't remember.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

This one's from yesterday.

Shortly after that he scored a double-strike with five seconds left on the match timer which pushed his team's points above the enemy's and earned him a Solo Warrior.

Heh, I literally just finished watching the video of that match. Kutuzov best carry ship :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9Q90B9Sgk