Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm almost disappointed someone didn't throw 2/3 of a crotch fish on the ice last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Kilza posted:

Hell, the first time he had a team in the final he had home ice advantage and went up 2-0 in the series that eventually went 7. Strange how the season was cancelled before Game 7 happened, though.

I think you'll find hockey has been cancelled since 1993.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Dang this thread's rowdy. :D

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't watch the game because I'm too busy with a stupid convention but anyway it seems bad to let Pittsburgh score three goals in like 2 minutes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

He played alright vs Ottawa he just kept missing the net/getting stoned by Andy. He could have had another two-three goals in that series. He wasn't playing great by any means but he was getting chances still.

Jake was inches away from scoring a goal every single game against Ottawa. He looked about as dangerous as a guy who doesn't score can look.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Jake was inches away from scoring a goal every single game against Ottawa. He looked about as dangerous as a guy who doesn't score can look.

I thought he faded a little bit late in that series but that also happened to be when Sully inexplicably started playing him on the fourth line so not unexpected.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AAB posted:

I'm almost disappointed someone didn't throw 2/3 of a crotch fish on the ice last night

Maybe someone'll throw 3/4ths of a primanti bros sandwich on the ice in Nashville to even the score

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe someone'll throw 3/4ths of a primanti bros sandwich on the ice in Nashville to even the score

gently caress i brought lunch today but now i want to go to the strip district

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that was a good effort preds, I am 100% behind angry tantrums at the end of playoff blowouts

it does bring up an important issue: SASNHL really, and wrongly, hates late-game fisticuffs in out-of-hand games, but it really loves PK Subban. how do these facts reconcile themselves?

edit - why'd that guy get probated?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

shyduck posted:

The last time Lavy had a team in the finals, they were down 0-2 before coming back home and tying the series. I'm not sure what happened afterward, it's probably not important, but it's not over just yet!!!

And the Canucks were up 2-0 and we all know what happened there! A well contested series that ended in a 3-3 tie and joint Stanley Cup winning teams for the first time ever.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bewbies posted:

for being right i guess

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The puppetmaster defense is probateable.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
he was also a flyers fan that became a penguins fan

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

bump_fn posted:

for being right i guess

for being tori

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That guy sucks so who cares

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

So. Western hockey people. What's a Juuse Saros?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you have to ask you can't afford it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tori: the penguins are going to win the stanley cup and this is the beginning of a hockey dynasty that you guys are totally missing

sas: BOOO!! THIS GUY'S A TROLL!! BOOO!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not a dynasty if you use HGH.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

bewbies posted:

Because he wasn't funny and reading his posts and his dumb gimmick made everyone on this forums less intelligent because of it. Which is pretty impressive.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

If the Pens do win, does this classify them as a dynasty? Or has too much time passed since 2009 to count that one as part of this group? I'm looking at the 2009 Cup roster right now, and it looks like there's 5 players still on the team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Loqieu posted:

If the Pens do win, does this classify them as a dynasty? Or has too much time passed since 2009 to count that one as part of this group? I'm looking at the 2009 Cup roster right now, and it looks like there's 5 players still on the team.

3 Cups required within 6 years, 2 must be in a row.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
two girls one puck

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Aphrodite posted:

3 Cups required within 6 years, 2 must be in a row.

Just say yes so nobody starts thinking they need yet another generational talent

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

Just say yes so nobody starts thinking they need yet another generational talent

I'm cool with them prying McDavid out of Edmonton somehow

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

Because he wasn't funny and reading his posts and his dumb gimmick made everyone on this forums less intelligent because of it. Which is pretty impressive.

quite right let's get back to repeatedly posting mediocre jokes about kessel and hot dogs, the pinnacle of intellectual discourse

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Loqieu posted:

No.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

it does bring up an important issue: SASNHL really, and wrongly, hates late-game fisticuffs in out-of-hand games, but it really loves PK Subban. how do these facts reconcile themselves?

Malkin and PK grabbed each other and hugged. It was pretty drat far from a fight.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I think theres a rule that if your salary is over 8 million a year, you aren't actually allowed to punch, per say.

Source: Every 'fight' Crosby has been in.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Matt Zerella posted:

Nah. This is Taynes schtick and I enjoy it because 90% of PAS are chicken little as all hell.

Please don't enjoy the mindless ramblings of a poo poo-poster, It's unfortunate how many posts in playoff discussion threads have omitted content in favor of adolescent chirping.

As for PAS, I would think that a large majority of all fan-bases in SAS would be "chicken littles", and PAS happens to be the most vocal contingent this spring (although Washington, Edmonton, and other fans staked their claims as well). I'd much rather some realistic "things are going well, but is it sustainable??" discussions than "we're #1! y'all suck!" nonsense.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

bewbies posted:

quite right let's get back to repeatedly posting mediocre jokes about kessel and hot dogs, the pinnacle of intellectual discourse

Be the change that you want~

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
ADOLESCENT CHIRPING HAS NO PLACE IN A SPORT LIKE HOCKEY

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

[begins screaming internally]

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

BiohazrD posted:

[begins screaming internally]

se, sorry.

I'm just a dumb American man.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

bewbies posted:

https://twitter.com/Sean_Leahy/status/854031587473629184/photo/1

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tbh i'm pretty disappointed that the stanley cup final is turning out to be so boring. nothing's going to top that last game against the senators. can we just cancel the rest of the final and give the second place trophy to ottawa? i don't know how hockey works.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Gotta love Geno

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/870123218794926080

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fail. Where's the relish?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

geeves posted:

Fail. Where's the relish?

where are the god drat jalapenos