Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Roach Warehouse posted:

If people think they'd be interested/ if I remember I might have a crack at putting together a maxfun thread over the weekend.

No harm done if it dies after all.

I think a general MaxFun thread would be a really good idea. It can kinda be like how there are separate threads for the Earwolf and just Comedy Bang Bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUKRxGPcRI

This is the best episode of Please Retweet so far.

E: "Toad"

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/870053113599844352

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you skip money zone you're a huge chump because the Worcestershire bit came out of a nature box ad

You also would have missed the "shaving grandson balls" song and the Coldplay poetry, so yeah, don't skip money zone spots.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I skipped a few and apparently missed Pinskadan vs Crumslor so I stopped skipping them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Not a single mention of Secret Best MaxFun show, Beef and Dairy Network? For shame.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Bogart posted:

Not a single mention of Secret Best MaxFun show, Beef and Dairy Network? For shame.

I guess I just don't really understand why such a straight-laced industry-specific news podcast is on a network which is primarily focused on comedy and pop culture.

Jesse's face must have been dripping with mint sauce when he signed that contract.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
im here to defend the honor of the second best podcasting trio, the flop house

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I've listened to the flop house before. It's alright, but they made the worst episodes of TAZ.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I like the tights and fights ad. Kind of want to check out the podcast but I haven't followed wrestling for 15+ years.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

The flop house is good but I stop listening after they finish talking about the movie so I have a few dozen podcasts that are half finished. Dodging the letters section typically dodges most of Elliot's songs and a lot of boring seriousness which makes it a much lighter, more fun show.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kenny Logins posted:

I like the tights and fights ad. Kind of want to check out the podcast but I haven't followed wrestling for 15+ years.

I was in the same boat and started listening to them when I started watching pay per views again for context. It's good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kenny Logins posted:

It would be good if Mike Eagle would stop whispering all the time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/01firstsecond/status/870314035832606721

Also new TAZ is out

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh good god, half of the reactions are still absurd complaints.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're complaining that taako is green even though he looks blue to me???

(da boo dee da boo dai)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

they're complaining that taako is green even though he looks blue to me???

(da boo dee da boo dai)

I have a dress I want them to take a look at...

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Why are green elves anti Semitic

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why is Taako green?

Edit: Both in this and in other fanart. I don't get where it came from?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Why is Taako green?

A lot of fanart interprets him as such, because elves

Serf
May 5, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Why are green elves anti Semitic

Googling around a bit, they're not, unless you think that medieval depictions of Jewish people are still offensive to modern day sensibilities because they were green apparently?

Going by that logic, orcs are also anti-semitic. There's a lot of racist poo poo coded into orcs sometimes, but I've never seen an argument made on that particular front.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It's because of all of the lime gogurt that he eats.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just an endless parade of Steven Universe avatars telling you you're still, somehow, being racist

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess space aliens are anti-semitic too. gonna have to tell warner bros to ban marvin the martian's dog

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It blows my mind that people are still trying to call this out for being insensitive or not representative enough when these guys have gone way, way above the call of duty in trying to be sensitive about this kind of poo poo. It's exhausting.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

There's a new Awful Squad streaming now, starring Simone aka Mom.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Although I have to say, the tied up Barry Bluejeans there doesn't look anything like Common.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Serf posted:

Googling around a bit, they're not, unless you think that medieval depictions of Jewish people are still offensive to modern day sensibilities because they were green apparently?

Going by that logic, orcs are also anti-semitic. There's a lot of racist poo poo coded into orcs sometimes, but I've never seen an argument made on that particular front.

Yeah I googled it too and to only thing I could find was a single Tumblr post about it

Serf
May 5, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Although I have to say, the tied up Barry Bluejeans there doesn't look anything like Common.

I thought the goblin looked like Common.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

purple death ray posted:

The orc is supposed to look like Common. Barry is Tom Arnold.

E: holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding about people on twitter flipping out. I honestly don't think there's any version of the comic that wouldn't have caused people to lose their poo poo.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 1, 2017

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Psychedelicatessen posted:

All the podcast ads are awful, even good shows like Sawbones or Taz sounds very bad and slash or obnoxious if you only listen to the ads. John Hodgecourt is the only one that actually sounds like something I would want to listen to. Throwing Shade is by far the worst and sometimes kills the good energy that an Extreme Restraints moneyzone adds to MBMBAM.

The early ads for The Goosedown were so stereotypically ghetto I never wanted to check it out. I always liked the Song Exploder ads before they left Max Fun. There was something really soothing about them, especially the isolated Wurlitzer.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
once again proving that the worst part of TAZ is it's lovely fans and the brothers' well-intentioned but ultimately futile and ridiculous attempts to appease them

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't remember the last time I didn't see taako depicted as Thirsty Witch Skeeter.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

sticklefifer posted:

The early ads for The Goosedown were so stereotypically ghetto I never wanted to check it out. I always liked the Song Exploder ads before they left Max Fun. There was something really soothing about them, especially the isolated Wurlitzer.

The difference with Song Exploder is that it has a very clear and easily describable hook. Deconstruct songs into component layers, discuss how each of those layers matter with the artists, interview people related to the song in some way, play song.

I still, to this day, am not sure what The Goose Down is about. So many shows on MaxFun are people talking about thing that may or may not be centered on a thing that it's almost impressive. They're basically, as a network, entirely indescribable.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Honestly I feel that way about most podcasts. I still have no idea what the difference between Interrobang and Trends Like These is aside from the different hosts. I think TLT is Travis and a friend getting angry at current events and Interrobang is Travis and a friend getting angry about various topics that may or may not be current events.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Fandom Discourse is some rough stuff but I really hope this doesn't push the Boys away from Caring

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
everybody complaining has endless posts in their twitters about their anxiety and/or symmetra avatars, you can safely ignore them

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
oh yes, people with anxiety are never worth talking or listening to and can never have a valid point

jackass

Like I don't even buy into their arguments, really, but you're attitude is real bad about Literally Depressed Teens

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

purple death ray posted:

Honestly I feel that way about most podcasts. I still have no idea what the difference between Interrobang and Trends Like These is aside from the different hosts. I think TLT is Travis and a friend getting angry at current events and Interrobang is Travis and a friend getting angry about various topics that may or may not be current events.
The fact that something is not high concept is not an indicator of a lack of quality, any more than something being high concept is any indication as to whether it's good.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Yeah, I'm mostly alright with the TAZ fandom, but I kind of understand why people are weirded out by fandoms now. It's mainly kids and people unfamiliar with playing tabletop games. I got no problem with kids being kids, tho. Maybe it's just jarring to me because I was into the McElroys before the sudden fandom boom and because I'm starting to not be the youngest person in any given number of people online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

There's a new Awful Squad streaming now, starring Simone aka Mom.

This is simultaneously one of the funniest episodes yet, and the one that I had to stop watching out of frustration. Russ is so terrible at this game.