Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Prism posted:

Nice. I'm still in starter reroll hell. Hopefully it spits out something worth keeping soon, though I don't know if it being players choice means I should be keeping some of these after all.

If you want to skip starter reroll hell, I have extra NA accounts available. PM me or respond here.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Edit: oops double post.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
This PCGF is pretty great for a player looking to flesh out their box with some key subs but it's not ideal for someone looking to roll their starter. There's like five dudes who could make legitimately good leads and they'll all need you to get them to at least Awoken if not Reincarnated first, and some of them would be diving straight into hardcore mode (Anubis starter would force you to get good or die trying). Isis can be a nice gentle learning curve to start but she's not as strong as she used to be nor is she used on any top teams anymore.

Ilm is probably your best choice but he's a 6* GFE so low rates. I'd probably go for max utility on a Ganesha or any 6* that isn't Vajaharwhatever and pray for good rolls on the next godfest while leaning on friend leads.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo I finally managed to get a dragon killer latent to drop in a run that I don't stupidly gently caress up!

put... put it on tsubaki :twisted:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

isndl posted:

This PCGF is pretty great for a player looking to flesh out their box with some key subs but it's not ideal for someone looking to roll their starter. There's like five dudes who could make legitimately good leads and they'll all need you to get them to at least Awoken if not Reincarnated first, and some of them would be diving straight into hardcore mode (Anubis starter would force you to get good or die trying).

Ehhh... This isn't really true. Loki, Sima Yi, Persephone, and Lumiel would all be just fine right out of the box given the amount of DAthena assistance available. 100% good enough to get started and make meaningful progress.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
My favorite thing is scrounging up 5 stones through challenge mode to roll a kurone. To be fair the previous 5 stones got me a third haku, so I can't complain too much.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

TheQuietWilds posted:

Please hop into the discord and ask us about your rolls, you've almost certainly rolled something worthwhile and past it up.

Thanks, I'll hop onto the discord! I actually got a Kushinadahime right after I said something here, which - while it may not be perfect - seems reasonably useful as a starter, so I'm staying with it.

Kuros posted:

If you want to skip starter reroll hell, I have extra NA accounts available. PM me or respond here.

It's appreciated but I think I'm OK with this one, thanks!

isndl
May 2, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Ehhh... This isn't really true. Loki, Sima Yi, Persephone, and Lumiel would all be just fine right out of the box given the amount of DAthena assistance available. 100% good enough to get started and make meaningful progress.

Loki and Persephone have garbage leader skills until you get them to Awoken where they become merely passable, Lumiel brings a slightly better multiplier out the gate but doesn't transition into a better LS when ulted while adding more type restrictions. Sima Yi is reasonable to start and I forgot about him, but I'm torn on whether or not a brand new player should be starting out on a 7x6 lead. I would've recommended keeping Sima Yi anyways just because he's a 6* though.

DAthena being wildly popular and having a relatively easy play style is great for helping dungeon clear progress along, but a lot of the benefits she brings you can take advantage of without putting your starter pull into it. I think an ideal starter would also encourage you to try and combo more than DAth does. :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of Sima Yo does he actually get some play as a lead? Paired up with I'm guessing Anubis or something that can take advantage of the 7x6 board?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

As someone who runs Sima Yi on their alt account I can confirm that Sima Yi with trash tier subs paired with a D.Athena murders plenty of content.

seebs
Apr 23, 2007
God Made Me a Skeptic
Had stones, optimistic about Player's Choice, rolled until out of stones because it's not as though I have anything else I'm likely to spend them on usually.

Ganesha
Sheen
Liu Bei (2nd)
Indra (2nd)
Lumiel
Wee Jas
Sima Yi
Andromeda
Snow White
Grimrock
Sima Yi (2nd)
Oda Nobunaga
Jester Wizard, Chester
Indra (3rd)
Sima Yi (3rd)
Leilan (2nd)
Pandora (2nd)
Persephone (2nd)
Anubis (3rd)
Leilan (3rd)

And actually my first Indra was the free roll, so this has been decentish to me. There's things there I'd like having, although it'll take a while to get things evolved.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Andromeda--FINALLY a new blue I can finally use. Too bad I only regularly see 3 or 4 blue leaders out of my 100 friends these days...
Indra--FINALLY a new member of the Indian 1.0 pantheon, joining Vritra and the Lakshmi I've had for years....

And then, of course, Delgado, Dupe Kraken Rider, Dupe Thanatos, Dup Nephthys.

Any use for Nephthys these days?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

hello, after abandoning this game for a few years (some of you might even remember me), i have been casually picking and poking at it again. so much has changed, wowzers!

it looks like freddie finally (well, a year ago) let padherder die and gave up on developing it. is there another way to herd my pads so that I can ask for advice in a convenient manner?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

hello, after abandoning this game for a few years (some of you might even remember me), i have been casually picking and poking at it again. so much has changed, wowzers!

it looks like freddie finally (well, a year ago) let padherder die and gave up on developing it. is there another way to herd my pads so that I can ask for advice in a convenient manner?

PadHerder is still decent enough for listing your mons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the coin dungeon reset let me eek out one final pcgf roll and I got a ra on my alt :toot: before this godfest, I had no laser on that account at all and now I've got two (ra and lumiel)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Played a bit more. Early magic stones are a godsend.

I pulled three times on the player's choice godfest (not counting my starter pull). So now I have Kushinadahime, Vritra, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, and Viper Orochi.

I put Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao as the party lead, but if nothing else they all seem pretty good to have on the team, so I'll call that a good start. Anything else I should be keeping an eye out for soonish - time-limited things to do and so forth? It's all mysterious to me, though I read the new players' guide.

I noticed that Vritra, unlike Kushinada and the Qiao pair, did not come at max level; what's the best way to get him up, or is it something I shouldn't worry about right now?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Scrounged up some final stones from challenges and they got me a Lumiel.

Delay (Orochi) on Dathena herself and then for her team a damage enhance (Carat), damage reducer (Susanoo/Indra), some true damage (Lumiel), and what do people put on their fifth team member?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Prism posted:

I pulled three times on the player's choice godfest (not counting my starter pull). So now I have Kushinadahime, Vritra, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, and Viper Orochi.

I put Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao as the party lead, but if nothing else they all seem pretty good to have on the team, so I'll call that a good start. Anything else I should be keeping an eye out for soonish - time-limited things to do and so forth? It's all mysterious to me, though I read the new players' guide.

I noticed that Vritra, unlike Kushinada and the Qiao pair, did not come at max level; what's the best way to get him up, or is it something I shouldn't worry about right now?

Vritra's pretty useless outside of building teams where you can just 5 different mons with high damage actives and just button push your way through some farming dungeons. Don't worry much about him at all. DQXQ is your best leader for just doing content right now so just play the game and clear dungeons until you get to the point where you have more stuff, since it's hard to really judge what you will and won't end up with when you roll more eventually.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

isndl posted:

Loki and Persephone have garbage leader skills until you get them to Awoken where they become merely passable, Lumiel brings a slightly better multiplier out the gate but doesn't transition into a better LS when ulted while adding more type restrictions. Sima Yi is reasonable to start and I forgot about him, but I'm torn on whether or not a brand new player should be starting out on a 7x6 lead. I would've recommended keeping Sima Yi anyways just because he's a 6* though.

DAthena being wildly popular and having a relatively easy play style is great for helping dungeon clear progress along, but a lot of the benefits she brings you can take advantage of without putting your starter pull into it. I think an ideal starter would also encourage you to try and combo more than DAth does. :shrug:

Come on, dude. "These monsters aren't 100% optimal and capable of end-game content right out of the box and are therefore garbage" is essentially what you are saying. Let's not forget that Greek/Norse teams used to be pretty well-utilized back in the day. That alone tells us new players can use those types of leaders to get far enough to obtain the "good" evos, especially with co-op opportunities with goons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pierson posted:

Scrounged up some final stones from challenges and they got me a Lumiel.

Delay (Orochi) on Dathena herself and then for her team a damage enhance (Carat), damage reducer (Susanoo/Indra), some true damage (Lumiel), and what do people put on their fifth team member?

Board change / Ryune is the ideal.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Board change / Ryune is the ideal.
Sweet, I have her hanging around slacking off. Is there any trick to which mons get which assists? I have my three revo Hakus so should the Ryune assist go on my Okuni?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Prism posted:

Great pulls. As others said, switch to DQXQ for now as your leader as she's easier to use than Kush is early on. Eventually you will want Kush as the leader.

Throw all of them onto your team to cover colors as DQXQ's leader skill is rainbow based, which means she wants to attack with as many colors as possible.

Vritra didn't come out at max level as he wasn't featured in the Godfest. Although he should have come out at level 30 since he's part of the Midnight Gala.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kuros posted:

Great pulls. As others said, switch to DQXQ for now as your leader as she's easier to use than Kush is early on. Eventually you will want Kush as the leader.

Throw all of them onto your team to cover colors as DQXQ's leader skill is rainbow based, which means she wants to attack with as many colors as possible.

Vritra didn't come out at max level as he wasn't featured in the Godfest. Although he should have come out at level 30 since he's part of the Midnight Gala.

He did, but he goes to 50. And yeah, I put them all on because, honestly, why wouldn't I? They're sure a lot better than the generic monsters.

I've been picking up dragon seeds/plants and emerald dragons. Am I correct in understanding that emerald dragons (and other jewels) are for XP fusing, and dragon seeds are for... uh, something?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's the last day of the PCGF so I'll buy some stones and clear out some challenge dungeons and get a few more pulls in!

Persephone(2)
Persephone(3)
Persephone(4)
Persephone(5)

Okay.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Prism posted:

He did, but he goes to 50. And yeah, I put them all on because, honestly, why wouldn't I? They're sure a lot better than the generic monsters.

I've been picking up dragon seeds/plants and emerald dragons. Am I correct in understanding that emerald dragons (and other jewels) are for XP fusing, and dragon seeds are for... uh, something?

Metal/Gold/Jewel Dragons are for Monster XP. Feed to the same color for a 1.5x bonus. IE: Feed a dark dragon worth 100k exp to a dark mon (primary color only) and they will get 150k XP instead. Not counting a Great (1.5x bonus) or Super (2x bonus) feed.

The daily dungeons (Tues-Wed-Thur-Fri) drop Evolution mats. Tuesday is Keepers, Wednesday is Masks, Thursday is Dragon Seeds/Plants/Flowers/Fruits and Friday is Lits and Dublits.

The Monday daily is mostly for rank exp but some of the drops have skill rotations, so sometimes you will want to run those for the drops. The weekend dungeons are strictly for gold. They don't drop any monsters.

Edit:

Sockser posted:

It's the last day of the PCGF so I'll buy some stones and clear out some challenge dungeons and get a few more pulls in!

Persephone(2)
Persephone(3)
Persephone(4)
Persephone(5)

Okay.

Pic please. Post by CHR.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kuros posted:

Edit:

Pic please. Post by CHR.

It was a half lie, as one Persephone came from the last God fest but

Sockser fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 2, 2017

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

gently caress man, my salt levels would be off the chart if I pulled three Persephone in a row, with two Pandora before that. I already have enough of both of those cards.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

You're also looking at Goetia 4 and 5, and I think that's my 5th Leilan?

I just want a drat second Haku, man.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

isndl posted:

Your info starts of technically true (initial leader skills aren't great) but just is outright wrong when talking about awoken/revo lskills. Persephone is perfectly fine to pair with D.Athena immediately (though Sima Yi is better even if the 7x6 board could spoil a newbie). A newbie running Sima Yi with Loki and Persephone as subs can be carried by a decent D.Athena player to clear the dungeons necessary to get awakening mats as well, at which point the newbie can awaken (then reincarnate) both.

As for R.Persephone's "merely passable" leader skill:
Dark attribute cards HP x1.5, ATK x1.5, RCV x1.5. All attribute cards ATK x3.5 when reaching Dark & Water combos.
vs
God, Attacker & Devil type cards HP x1.5, ATK x3.5. All attribute cards ATK x2, RCV x2 when reaching Dark & Water combos.

It is literally a difference of 1.5x atk/rcv vs 2x atk/rcv when matching water/dark (though it's 2.25 atk/rcv vs 4x if comparing dual leads, or 3x vs 4x for perseph/dath vs dath/dath). Sure D.Athena is significantly better overall, but Persephone is literally one of the best possible units a (new) player can pull right now. Having Loki (and Sima Yi) on top of that is just icing and means they already have 3 really good cards for their own eventual D.Athena team.

Sockser posted:

You're also looking at Goetia 4 and 5, and I think that's my 5th Leilan?

I just want a drat second Haku, man.

Do you have Ilm? Ilm with Revo Leilan subs could at least make a decent pushbutton team.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Last roll of the pcgf gets me... Fuu.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

boo_radley posted:

Last roll of the pcgf gets me... Fuu.

The game is telling you something.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

UchihaHirou posted:

The game is telling you something.

Buy more stones! Your luck has increased.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Do you have Ilm? Ilm with Revo Leilan subs could at least make a decent pushbutton team.

Ilm would certainly be nice, but no.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
"Things aren't good until Awoken" is no longer a viable argument because the amount of time it will take for it to matter dwarfs how long it will take a Discord goon to carry you through the descend mats dungeon. Getting the orbs takes however long it takes to get the next descend challenge dungeon set, from whenever you roll. I could get an empty Persephone account aPersephone in an afternoon if there was a descend challenge up and the proper awoken mats guerrilla.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'll agree with that. I carried my friend through getting Awoken Minerva, Persephone and Haku in a pretty sort amount of time. The slowest part was waiting for the right dungeons to roll around.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Come on, dude. "These monsters aren't 100% optimal and capable of end-game content right out of the box and are therefore garbage" is essentially what you are saying. Let's not forget that Greek/Norse teams used to be pretty well-utilized back in the day. That alone tells us new players can use those types of leaders to get far enough to obtain the "good" evos, especially with co-op opportunities with goons.

That's the thing, power creep means you can practically run single leader with DAthena and clear a lot of the older content. Weird pairings with wildly different leader skills can get you through the entirety of normals now, co-op covers the rest, so we should start thinking​ about starter picks as more than just 'can it pair with the current meta'.

Even assuming goon carry to Awoken form, the majority of the player base isn't going to want to coop with you if your subs are garbage. Goons are willing to put up with it for the sake of a fellow goon, but they can work with practically any team pairing by the same measure.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Your info starts of technically true (initial leader skills aren't great) but just is outright wrong when talking about awoken/revo lskills. Persephone is perfectly fine to pair with D.Athena immediately (though Sima Yi is better even if the 7x6 board could spoil a newbie). A newbie running Sima Yi with Loki and Persephone as subs can be carried by a decent D.Athena player to clear the dungeons necessary to get awakening mats as well, at which point the newbie can awaken (then reincarnate) both.

As for R.Persephone's "merely passable" leader skill:
Dark attribute cards HP x1.5, ATK x1.5, RCV x1.5. All attribute cards ATK x3.5 when reaching Dark & Water combos.
vs
God, Attacker & Devil type cards HP x1.5, ATK x3.5. All attribute cards ATK x2, RCV x2 when reaching Dark & Water combos.

It is literally a difference of 1.5x atk/rcv vs 2x atk/rcv when matching water/dark (though it's 2.25 atk/rcv vs 4x if comparing dual leads, or 3x vs 4x for perseph/dath vs dath/dath). Sure D.Athena is significantly better overall, but Persephone is literally one of the best possible units a (new) player can pull right now. Having Loki (and Sima Yi) on top of that is just icing and means they already have 3 really good cards for their own eventual D.Athena team.

I'm calling her passable because the numbers are acceptable. She's not great because she's reliant on two colors for activating during a phase of the game where you're​ lucky to even have an on-color orb maker, let alone one that's skilled up, and you're still learning the basics of board clearing. At least with DAthena herself a TPA is a pile of damage even if you can't activate.

If they got Persephone, Loki, and Sima Yi all at the same time then yes, you run a dark team with a DAthena friend because you would be an idiot not to. This is a discussion about starter pulls though, they have literally nothing else and they aren't going to be pulling a whole team before PCGF ends.

TheQuietWilds posted:

"Things aren't good until Awoken" is no longer a viable argument because the amount of time it will take for it to matter dwarfs how long it will take a Discord goon to carry you through the descend mats dungeon. Getting the orbs takes however long it takes to get the next descend challenge dungeon set, from whenever you roll. I could get an empty Persephone account aPersephone in an afternoon if there was a descend challenge up and the proper awoken mats guerrilla.

Did you factor in all the feed XP and evo mats for the descend bosses you'll need to farm? I'd estimate most of a week unless stamina is no object or you're super lucky with Evo18/50. If you don't have a main dedicating all his stamina to jump-starting you, probably closer to a month if you're actually playing in addition to farming.

There's still the lingering question of what the rest of your team is after you get her to Awoken, and farmable stuff doesn't quite fill the gap. I feel that a starter should be positioned to get you value for as many teams as possible or to teach you the core fundamentals, and e.g. Persephone has relatively little utility outside of DAthena pairings - which is still a large chunk of value, and I wouldn't be telling someone to reroll if they started with her as opposed to say, Radious. I wouldn't list her as something to specifically reroll for, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pierson posted:

Sweet, I have her hanging around slacking off. Is there any trick to which mons get which assists? I have my three revo Hakus so should the Ryune assist go on my Okuni?

I follow this guide when I'm getting through A3 but the inherits and fairly flexible outside of the damage enhance going on Loki/Durga/Okuni.

My current setup is Dath(Orochi)/Haku(Ryune)/Haku(TyphAna)/Perse(Lumiel), Durga(Facet). Come tomorrow I should be able to switch to Dath/Haku x3/Loki with Ryune/Indra/Lumiel on the Hakus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHHBQy-tgY

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Nah, dude. Your initial claim was that this godfest is bad for starting players and contains rolls that would be "garbage." Neither of those claims are true.

And this new set of arguments seems to be focusing on some very specifics rolls, which is bad because it might result in new people re-rolling for ages. Just take something that looks fun and functional and go do whatever.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Nah, dude. Your initial claim was that this godfest is bad for starting players and contains rolls that would be "garbage." Neither of those claims are true.

And this new set of arguments seems to be focusing on some very specifics rolls, which is bad because it might result in new people re-rolling for ages. Just take something that looks fun and functional and go do whatever.

That's not what I said in my original post at all. Please don't conflate different parts of different posts.

The new set of arguments focuses on specific pulls because you yourself brought them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I feel like things like team cost, time, energy, sanity, and team cost seem to never factor into these discussions.