Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Goodpart posted:

Lee is way too hard to play now. I think I may just go play Law. I hear that Shaheen's a pretty good beginner's pick; C/D?

Also gently caress the last boss in story mode. :gonk:

Shaheen is Lee without gimmicks/style, better launchers and easy combos. He's definitely a good beginner pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there like a gigantic "so you've never played a 3d fighter but you want to play Tekken" .pdf or something I can read while at work tomorrow?

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

its 6/1 now how come i cant play tekken.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

pissdude posted:

its 6/1 now how come i cant play tekken.
I've been playing for days :getin:

Alright, I'll try Shaheen when I get home. I will also try to beat the last boss. Again.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Anyone got that list of notable moves to memorize per character?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

This is the one in the OP (though you need to click through to it from the google doc)

https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Booyah- posted:

This is the one in the OP (though you need to click through to it from the google doc)

https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

Take these with a grain of salt, there are some mistakes in here. Just quickly looking at Kazumi, they have WS+4,4 at i13 when it should be i11 and throwing tigers is definitely punishable. Some of the data there will also be wrong due to console balance changes, eg: Gigas d/b+2 is -14 now not -15.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I will NOT support the oppressive regime in Saudi Arabia by playing Shaheen and I hope you all join me in this protest

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I will NOT support the oppressive regime in Saudi Arabia by playing Shaheen and I hope you all join me in this protest

is it okay if I make sure to dress him up really pretty

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Nina is going to stomp on some bad boys tomorrow my dudes.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Nina is going to stomp on some bad boys tomorrow my dudes.

I'm need your psn name my dude

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqS9clzJblY

I main lucky chloe!!!

The PS4 version of this looks pretty bad though.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 1, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Overbite posted:

I'm need your psn name my dude

Smokedog429

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Please add me on PSN @ UltimateZAR I will be maining random select

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Throwing my PSN in. Will play Tekken 7 in a few hours

PSN: Sisselyn

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
My homie told me the game unlocks for NA at 12 est, anyone know if that's true? (for PSN I mean)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

My PS4 copy is downloading now, and I played it a bit in the store, and it's good, friends.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

tote up a bags posted:

My PS4 copy is downloading now, and I played it a bit in the store, and it's good, friends.

Who's your main my man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqS9clzJblY

I main lucky chloe!!!

The PS4 version of this looks pretty bad though.

man I joked about maining Lucky Chloe before but now I'm 100% serious I will main this trash-idol

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Who's your main my man

Friend, it's Xiaoyu, but I haven't played Tekken in a long time so maybe I'll pick a different cute girl this time.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

tote up a bags posted:

Friend, it's Xiaoyu, but I haven't played Tekken in a long time so maybe I'll pick a different cute girl this time.

Might I suggest Asuka, since she's both cute and strong?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I will body slam you with an angry cat man.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is a pretty fun series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJrRd6XUVk

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

That doesn't even sound real but I'll add it anyway. Y'all should add me at MSX6800 if you want to fight a scrub.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Why does this unlock at 2pm on a Thursday smh

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I assume the easiest way to get PC groups going will be the FG discord?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, my buddy in Newfoundland that gets everything early says the online has really lovely for him. Hopefully its just because the game's not officially out yet or whatever, but apparently he didn't have any issues with Injustice 2.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

This helped we with some of the back dash cancelling fundamentals, especially with the earlier parts of the tutorial.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Dang, my buddy in Newfoundland that gets everything early says the online has really lovely for him. Hopefully its just because the game's not officially out yet or whatever, but apparently he didn't have any issues with Injustice 2.

If it's true, I wonder if it's the same bug that guilty gear had to patch yesterday, something to do with steam iirc

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

If it's true, I wonder if it's the same bug that guilty gear had to patch yesterday, something to do with steam iirc

He's on PS4.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

dangerdoom volvo posted:

People would have been excited about SHANEEN, but HARADA you really went too far this time. They had any day of the year , but PURPOSELY chose the most controversial day to release him on. People are stuck on Harada having the Audacity to do this. America on this very day suffered devastation still talked about annually specifically on this day. Really Harada? - September 11th ... Just why?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My body is ready, now all I need to do is select a waifu*

*who am I kidding, I'm checking out vampire titty waifu the first chance I get

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
I have to wait until midnight :cry:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You poor thing :(

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Hi I bought sfv at launch and now have PTSD, will this game disappoint me too? Should I wait for reviews this time before pulling the trigger?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Otakufag posted:

Hi I bought sfv at launch and now have PTSD, will this game disappoint me too? Should I wait for reviews this time before pulling the trigger?

it's gonna be good. They've spent nearly 2 years since its original arcade release tuning the game making it the best possible Tekken it can be, and on launch it will have more content than SFV has now after a full year in release

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Otakufag posted:

Depends on why you were disappointed by SF5. If it was lack of modes and the game not working for like 2 months after launch, then you will be good to go with T7.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah even if it's sometimes questionable (that strategy mode in that one Soulcalibur) Namco doesn't skimp on content for their fighting games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope that "Unique Game Mode" that's coming is Tekken Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that "Unique Game Mode" that's coming is Tekken Force

I want Tekken Ball!