Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol like 99 percent of hacking is social engineering duder.

I don't believe your statistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
99 percent of hacking is cheating at video games.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

There's more.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

99 percent of hacking is cheating at video games.

99% of hacking is the downswing, I don't care how many retards try to say the upswing is equally as important. You don't even make any contact with the flesh on the upswing, you morons!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Zuck will hire the data wizards and win

He won't let the data wizards down

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Zuck will hire the data wizards and win

He won't let the data wizards down

From what I've read, Zuck supports single-payer, so I bet he's going to run in the Bernie position of "anti-establishment guy millennials love" who ultimately loses the primary leading to Trump beating some shitheel Dem like Cory Booker

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zuckerberg is a huge piece of poo poo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I like how Hillary has to add continually to the list of reasons why she lost. So far we have

- Free press
- Free speech
- Misogyny (see items 1&2)
- Racism (see items 1&2)
- Transphobia? (nevermind, just see items 1&2)
- The Rust Belt
- White people
- Black people and Latinos who voted for Trump
- Racism (see 'the Rust Belt')
- Wikileaks (see items 1&2)
- "Russian Wikileaks" (does not exist)
- "Hackers" (like the movie)
- Russia (the whole thing)

And now THE MEDIA and THE DNC and HER SUPPORTERS.

Yeah, Hillary. I bet the people who sank their stolen millions into your lovely campaign are mutually pleased with you. If you had told them you were going to run on IDPOL and let a computer decide where you would rally, they might have held on to their money instead of wasting it on a proven failure.

I hope her friends on Wall Street and in the DNC remember her criticisms when she inevitably runs again and tell her to piss off.

One thing we can be sure of: with all this wind-up to the next couple of years, Bill is probably the most relaxed he's been since 2004. No expectations from the party since they doffed him in favor of HAL 9k, and no harridan flitting around his house constantly pecking at him. He is dicking bimbos in whatever part of the country his wife ain't in. Ordinarily I would not believe Colin Powell about anything, but since his words were "hacked" :tinfoil: I figure there migght be something to it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Blue Train posted:

Zuckerberg is tremendously unlikeable and it is hilarious that he's obviously gearing up to run.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Blue Train posted:

Stumping for the welfare state could get some traction, though.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

...who will gladly continue the Dem party split by sticking his dick into the primary to gain attention

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

phasmid posted:

Ordinarily I would not believe Colin Powell about anything, but since his words were "hacked" :tinfoil: I figure there migght be something to it.

Powell's best leak: "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Accretionist posted:

Powell's best leak: "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris."

Hacking triumphs again!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

phasmid posted:

Yeah, Hillary. I bet the people who sank their stolen millions into your lovely campaign are mutually pleased with you. If you had told them you were going to run on IDPOL and let a computer decide where you would rally, they might have held on to their money instead of wasting it on a proven failure.

i don't think she ran on idpol so much as used it as a shield to deflect criticism, ie: "would breaking up the banks end racism"

an idpol candidate would have spoken positively about BLM, for one, or reforming the police. there was more than one confrontation between her and black activists where she came off super lovely. she was also anti-legalization, let alone ending the drug war, which disproportionately affects and targets minorities.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hey guys some talking head told me its illegal for us to look at those leaks so cut it out.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Stexils posted:

i don't think she ran on idpol so much as used it as a shield to deflect criticism, ie: "would breaking up the banks end racism"

an idpol candidate would have spoken positively about BLM, for one, or reforming the police. there was more than one confrontation between her and black activists where she came off super lovely. she was also anti-legalization, let alone ending the drug war, which disproportionately affects and targets minorities.

I liked the one where security dragged the poor girl out as the WASP audience hissed and Clinton said, "back to the issues that I think are important."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stexils posted:

IDPOL implies that they don't actually give a gently caress about those issues outside of paying lip service which is exactly why it applies to her campaign imo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Excuse me, Hillary, but Black Lives Matter.

Hey! What the...? Get your hands off me! Where are you taking me!?

*bonk*

Ow! Stop hit-*BONK*

:tootzzz:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

MIdwest is chilly, poor, and full of farm animals. Why would anybody campaign there?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

food court bailiff posted:

Zuckerberg is tremendously unlikeable and it is hilarious that he's obviously gearing up to run.

He could win by virtue of being a political outsider and by not being Hillary Rodham Clinton.
You can not underestimate him. Didn't any of you see revenge of the nerds?

Krustic fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 1, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Corporations: greedy, bad!
Mark Zuckerberg, billionaire who built his fortune on a literally stolen platform: political outsider, techie, good!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Excuse me, Hillary, but Black Lives Matter.

Hey! What the...? Get your hands off me! Where are you taking me!?

*bonk*

Ow! Stop hit-*BONK*

:tootzzz:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Nobody is voting for Zuck. He has the most beat upable face and body in existence.

And could you imagine the minefield that facebook would be if he's running for president?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

The Human Crouton posted:

Nobody is voting for Zuck. He has the most beat upable face and body in existence.

And could you imagine the minefield that facebook would be if he's running for president?

Actually how would that even work legally?

Like if you owned either a social network or media outlet, how could you run without a poo poo ton of lawsuits about manipulating your coverage to be positive and your opponents to be negative like Facebook does regularly about their pet projects or pet peeves?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

lovely Wizard posted:

Actually how would that even work legally?

Like if you owned either a social network or media outlet, how could you run without a poo poo ton of lawsuits about manipulating your coverage to be positive and your opponents to be negative like Facebook does regularly about their pet projects or pet peeves?
:abuela:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Yeah but she didn't own the media outlets, her staff just made backroom deals with the various executives and employees of all the major media outlets to either give her positive coverage or focus solely on Trump which gave her/them the step of plausible deniability they needed.

If you loving RUN the thing, your plausible denial goes out the window.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

lovely Wizard posted:

Yeah but she didn't own the media outlets, her staff just made backroom deals with the various executives and employees of all the major media outlets to either give her positive coverage or focus solely on Trump which gave her/them the step of plausible deniability they needed.

bonus points for when he runs and doesn't put Facebook in a blind trust because of Trump, and his supporters defend it without a hint of irony

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Stumping for the welfare state could get some traction, though.

Facebook has been shown to be an unbelievably powerful tool influencing the last US election and Brexit. It's not unreasonable to think with all the data analytics and mind control available to Faceboom that it could have a strong chance of getting someone to win any election, the candidate is one of the least important variables.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

lovely Wizard posted:

I feel that with things going the way they are, he could very well attempt (and succeed) in turning Facebook in to a giant propaganda arm. Why not? A whole kaboodle of people out there get their news from their Facebook wall. Lawyers could maybe put the hurt on him, but if he decided to run for prez, he could always step down as the chairman (or w/e) of the company.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

kickascii posted:

Facebook has been shown to be an unbelievably powerful tool influencing the last US election and Brexit. It's not unreasonable to think with all the data analytics and mind control available to Faceboom that it could have a strong chance of getting someone to win any election, the candidate is one of the least important variables.

Facebook obviously tanked Hillary Clinton's image so Zuckerberg's main rival for 2020 would be a loser instead of an incumbent/first woman president.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

phasmid posted:

I feel that with things going the way they are, he could very well attempt (and succeed) in turning Facebook in to a giant propaganda arm.

He already has, he just uses it for personal pr fluffing atm hth

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Blue Train posted:

He already has, he just uses it for personal pr fluffing atm hth
At the moment, yes. I'm musing as to what his next phase is - keeping the thing and letting the dollars roll in, being a power behind the throne, or doing what lots of dudes seem to be unable to resist doing and throwing his hat in the ring.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

phasmid posted:

At the moment, yes. I'm musing as to what his next phase is - keeping the thing and letting the dollars roll in, being a power behind the throne, or doing what lots of dudes seem to be unable to resist doing and throwing his hat in the ring.

Among other things, Bowles worried that one of the concessions Zuckerberg wanted -- to allow the billionaire to serve two years in government without losing control of Facebook -- would look particularly irresponsible, according to court filings. Bowles did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...=BBD120916_TECH

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blue Train posted:

Corporations: greedy, bad!
Mark Zuckerberg, billionaire who built his fortune on a literally stolen platform: political outsider, techie, good!

who cares? people voted for trump who was also a political outsider who said he'd "drain the swamp" lol

presidents will continue to all be bad and love money, hth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea they were dumb as gently caress as well and I dream that one day there will be a presidential candidate worth voting for, inshallah

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

Yea they were dumb as gently caress as well and I dream that one day there will be a presidential candidate worth voting for, inshallah

that candidate will be Skynet

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Any candidate that runs on the platform of annihilation of humanity will get my vote

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
finally.... war against the machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Any candidate that runs on the platform of annihilation of humanity will get my vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCnEHXo1CZk

• Locked thread