Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

I wonder if Abyss Odyssey will cross buy to the PS4, my roommate already has it, so, whatever, but I think that's the second time he got hit with a game he already bought.

Seeing as the Vita games are listed as crossbuy and Abyss Odyssey is not, I would assume not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm buying a new TV stand tomorrow and I really want something low profile with cabinets so I can hide all of my Playstation bullshit and keep some of the dust out of it. Was leaning towards grabbing this one specifically, or something really similar. http://www.target.com/p/65-tv-stand-weathered-pine-threshold-153/-/A-51975428

Is it reasonable to want to put my PS4/PSVR breakout box in a cabinet as long as I plan on opening it when I'm playing or am I just asking for issues with overheating? Any tidy solutions are welcome. I just want to get my mess out of sight out mind when I'm not using it. I also have a fairly large TV which makes it nearly impossible to just put the PS4 on top of the stand.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A few months ago I moved my PS4 from a TV stand with open shelves to a credenza, and even with the door open it would run the fan so loud that it sounded like it was screaming in pain. I had to pull the cabinet an inch away from the wall and remove the entire back panel to give it enough airflow to breathe. So yeah you might have problems.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Fwiw I've had my ps4 and vr breakout box in the top small section of http://m.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/art/60285156/ and haven't had a problem with it overheating. The back is pretty much enclosed as it's right up against a wall.

This is in a climate that gets to about 35c in summer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Have they hinted when Marvel Heroes is getting a proper release? Buying in for £15 is a bit silly at this point.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's been in open beta for a week now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they specifically said this is the last build or whatever and all of this stuff is carrying forward into release in some email they sent me

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's been in open beta for a week now.

I can only find the buyable clients. Or am I misunderstanding how the F2P stuff is handled on consoles?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poptart_fairy posted:

I can only find the buyable clients. Or am I misunderstanding how the F2P stuff is handled on consoles?

Look in the 'free to play' section of PSN not 'new games' or whatever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh hey, there it is. Couldn't find it searching for Marvel Heroes either. :psyduck:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks to PSN being coded by monkeys I think it having a free version and a paid one freaks out the search.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Man, Abyss Oddysey and Wizardry are the only ps3 games i have that id wanna play on ps4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OxMan posted:

Man, Abyss Oddysey and Wizardry are the only ps3 games i have that id wanna play on ps4

I would buy a PS4 rerelease of Heavenly Sword and no one else would.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

haveblue posted:

I would buy a PS4 rerelease of Heavenly Sword and no one else would.

i'd get it because it looked neat, but never had a ps3 to play it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of re releases, as much as I'm down with a PS4 version of Dragons Dogma they kind of announced that ridiculously far ahead of time for a 5 year old game. Like, tell us a month before it comes out not 6.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of re releases, as much as I'm down with a PS4 version of Dragons Dogma they kind of announced that ridiculously far ahead of time for a 5 year old game. Like, tell us a month before it comes out not 6.

obviously it's to lead in to the dragon's dogma 2 reveal at e3 :colbert:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well I mean, as long as your PC isn't a total POS you can probably play Dragon's Dogma today and have it look every bit as good as the PS4 rerelease.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Manatee Cannon posted:

obviously it's to lead in to the dragon's dogma 2 reveal at e3 :colbert:

i'm going to be upset if this doesn't happen now.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 1, 2017

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

the Marvel Heroes Omega beta seems alright. running roughshod through the entire marvel rogue gallery with squirrel girl is gonna fuckin own

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've had a lot of fun with Marvel Heroes so far, never played it before but I've already prestiged Dr. Strange twice. Loving it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Well I mean, as long as your PC isn't a total POS you can probably play Dragon's Dogma today and have it look every bit as good as the PS4 rerelease.

Let me just check the specs on my 2009 MacBook Pro that can't run Starcraft at more than 5fps and I'll get back to you...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arkane broke ps4 prey again this week adding stuttering frame pacing, screen tearing, and a new bug that cuts a huge chunk of the field of view off if you use the inventory that persists until you get to the next area load (and then it comes right back if you use the inventory)

What a poo poo show

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

Arkane broke ps4 prey again this week adding stuttering frame pacing, screen tearing, and a new bug that cuts a huge chunk of the field of view off if you use the inventory that persists until you get to the next area load (and then it comes right back if you use the inventory)

What a poo poo show

AhahahahahahahahAHHAH oh my.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Real hurthling! posted:

What a poo poo show

Jokes on you, the frame pacing and screen tearing issues were introduced with patch 1.02, weeks ago!

Kinda sad because Prey is a really good game imo, but drat did the patches from the last few weeks do more harm than good performance wise. Luckily I finished it the day the 1.02 patch came out, so hopefully they'll take their heads out of their asses and clear it up (just return it to pre 1.02 performance) when I start out my Typhon-only run :getin:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arkane should just stop developing for consoles

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How do these loving patches get through "certification"

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How do these loving patches get through "certification"

Sadly certification doesn't check for "does the game run smoothly", it just checks for "does the game crash the console".

The FOV bug is subtle enough that it would be easy to overlook. DigitalFoundry noticed something was amiss but it took them a while to figure it out.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
AFAIK the certification tests only test that the patch doesn't gently caress up the system. It's not a quality assurance test.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, they check that the game is stable and doesn't break any of Sony's technical, UI, or branding rules. Other than outright crashes they will not flag bugs, your QA department is supposed to be responsible for determining if the game is in compliance with its design.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

veni veni veni posted:

Let me just check the specs on my 2009 MacBook Pro that can't run Starcraft at more than 5fps and I'll get back to you...

that is not a PC, at least within this context

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The term "personal computer" not referring to macs is such a weird thing. Some branding just really sticks, I guess.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have Windows on my Mac and I play games on it :cool:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Pingiivi posted:

AFAIK the certification tests only test that the patch doesn't gently caress up the system. It's not a quality assurance test.

I know this seems like a really low bar, but on Steam you get stuff like Ghostlight releasing a patch that deleted the game files from your computer lol.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

mycot posted:

I know this seems like a really low bar, but on Steam you get stuff like Ghostlight releasing a patch that deleted the game files from your computer lol.

Yeah, this is specifically the stuff they tried to avoid with the console patch cert process.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

mycot posted:

Night in the Woods Early Access shipped a version built on a bad version of GameMaker that deleted files from your computer in the background while you were playing. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Snak posted:

The term "personal computer" not referring to macs is such a weird thing. Some branding just really sticks, I guess.

To be fair, that was their own doing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
More like ArKan't

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

Night in the Woods Early Access shipped a version built on a bad version of GameMaker that deleted files from your computer in the background while you were playing. :v:

There was early access for night in the woods?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

an actual dog posted:

I assumed it was Early Access, maybe it was just pre-release codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

an actual dog posted:

It was a kickstarter game so presumably it was a backer-only thing rather than something free for download.