Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Compared to who we have now?

I want that soldier lady with no legs to run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eli Wiggum posted:

In terms of Democrats.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Don't set the bar too high now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Duckworth owns

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Biden will be dead before Trump gets out of office.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

pray for a miracle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I use cutco knives

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the apocalypse is coming

let me know if you want me to share Jesus with you before it's too late

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

the apocalypse is coming

let me know if you want me to share Jesus with you before it's too late
the dolphins aren't winning the super bowl anytime soon so I don't know what you're talking about

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'd settle for literally any democrat and I'd feel some level of relief for pretty much any republican not donald trump, too, but I'd be pretty happy with Duckworth, or Warren, or maybe Klobuchar or Gillibrand. Basically there's at least five not-Clinton women democrats who are well-qualified and known enough to make a run.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Me, too. My ideal ticket is Duckworth/Harris. I would also accept Tester as the VP.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like Al Franken but it should probably be a woman and/or a POC.

Or Bernie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eli Wiggum posted:

the dolphins aren't winning the super bowl anytime soon so I don't know what you're talking about

somebody hasn't read about the new "rookies have to earn their Dolphin helmet decal" system :smugdog:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

fsif posted:

Or Bernie.

That dude is older than Biden!

Well only by a year, but he looks like 10 years older.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I'd settle for literally any democrat and I'd feel some level of relief for pretty much any republican not donald trump, too, but I'd be pretty happy with Duckworth, or Warren, or maybe Klobuchar or Gillibrand. Basically there's at least five not-Clinton women democrats who are well-qualified and known enough to make a run.

I wish our Washington govorner Jay Inslee would run. He's a generic white guy, but he's pretty cool. He backed same sex marriage, more funding for state funded college tuition, and said gently caress you to Trump and sued the Muslim exec order ban right out the gate.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

pray for a miracle

Yeah if anyone would not stand a chance at the presidency it's an inspiring minority first term senator from Illinois

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah if anyone would not stand a chance at the presidency it's an inspiring minority first term senator from Illinois

Whoosh

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

I wish our Washington govorner Jay Inslee would run. He's a generic white guy, but he's pretty cool. He backed same sex marriage, more funding for state funded college tuition, and said gently caress you to Trump and sued the Muslim exec order ban right out the gate.

New Orleans' mayor's speech raised his profile big time. It was an amazing and civilized rebuke of all the Confederacy loving shitheads and their statues/flags.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A few tricks and tips to stay cool during the summer:

- Dr Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap + cold shower + post-cold-shower Gold Bond = refreshment to the max...

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cocoa butter for all my minorities.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

New Orleans' mayor's speech raised his profile big time. It was an amazing and civilized rebuke of all the Confederacy loving shitheads and their statues/flags.

cool he can follow Trump's lead and lose his home state.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

cool he can follow Trump's lead and lose his home state.

it was a good speech tho. very well thought out, not accusatory and breaking down a complex issue so it's understandable. idk, was a true moment of leadership in my eyes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If he's presidential quality, he should probably win a statewide office first. Unfortunately: Louisiana.

e. or be a billionaire. Is he a billionaire?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lmao

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Neil Armbong posted:

it was a good speech tho. very well thought out, not accusatory and breaking down a complex issue so it's understandable. idk, was a true moment of leadership in my eyes.

It was really great. I wish I could make every idiot in South Burlington who wants to keep the Rebel name listen to it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat my farts really stink today. I'm almost to the point of having to abandon my desk area.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I use cultco knives

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sorry plane earth

you had a good run

maybe the next dominant species will take care of you.

CORVID SUPREMACY

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

sorry plane earth

you had a good run

CORVID SUPREMACY

so what you're getting at here is that joe flacco is gonna win another ring huh

I'm kinda into it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

sorry plane earth

you had a good run

CORVID SUPREMACY

Eh, if anything the rest of the world is just gonna tell the US to gently caress itself and turn us into an ostracized economically crippled laughing stock like Russia

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They can't. They're all holding way too much US debt.

e. Imagine how the world would treat Putin and Russia if most major countries were holding Russian bonds accounting for significant fractions of their total national wealth

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 1, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fsif posted:

I like Al Franken but it should probably be a woman and/or a POC.

Or Bernie.

Franken has already said he doesn't want to run and wants to focus on his senatorial career

Which this far out probably means nothing. Oh god imagine Franken ripping Trump to shreds at the debates

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Eh, if anything the rest of the world is just gonna tell the US to gently caress itself and turn us into an ostracized economically crippled laughing stock like Russia

Counter-point: 8 years of George W. Bush and we were pretty much instantly forgiven worldwide by electing Obama.

Leperflesh posted:

Also this, if the USA tanks then everyone tanks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

yeah but think about how easy it will be to pay off a trillion dollar debt once our dollar has been completely de valued

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Counter-point: 8 years of George W. Bush and we were pretty much instantly forgiven worldwide by electing Obama.

Also this, if the USA tanks then everyone tanks.

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize just months into his presidency, remember that?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah but think about how easy it will be to pay off a trillion dollar debt once our dollar has been completely de valued

devaluing the dollar via inflation drives up the cost of borrowing accordingly

I know you're just joking of course but it bears repetition. As american debt becomes unattractive, the federal defecit becomes more and more expensive to finance. Other countries panic divest, further destroying the debt market and driving the country towards insolvency. It is precisely this risk which makes talk of intentionally devaluing the dollar just to improve the trade imbalance irresposible.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

legitimately though its gonna be funny if we finally leave in Nov 2020 and then the next Dem prez in January is just like "lol nevermind we're back"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize just months into his presidency, remember that?

devaluing the dollar via inflation drives up the cost of borrowing accordingly

I know you're just joking of course but it bears repetition. As american debt becomes unattractive, the federal defecit becomes more and more expensive to finance. Other countries panic divest, further destroying the debt market and driving the country towards insolvency. It is precisely this risk which makes talk of intentionally devaluing the dollar just to improve the trade imbalance irresposible.

It's also worth noting we're not even sure if we can have meaningful inflation anymore, and at this point we're actually worried about the opposite.

I mean poo poo how much was QE1 and 2? And that didn't even create a ripple.

have some mark blythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0eQzMRrrc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

here's a fun joke about why QE was stupid nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peIVQ1ppFqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Our financial systems have become so complex with so many unseen inputs that their behavior cannot even be reliably understood let alone predicted.

• Locked thread