Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ghost Dog posted:

curry is a distant third behind draymond in importance

You know who isn't important to the Warriors?

Steve Kerr :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Jota posted:

if the warriors were real men they would let the cavs go up 3-0 to try to upstage last year's comeback

I was going to make a joke, but really I need to know before the series starts: Is Green a tough guy or a fake tough guy?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

TBeats posted:

You know who isn't important to the Warriors?

Steve Kerr :smug:

i am genuinely curious if steve kerr would play matt barnes as many minutes as brown has/will

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ammanas posted:

i am genuinely curious if steve kerr would play matt barnes as many minutes as brown has/will

Matt Barnes getting a ring would finally give a Warriors ring to someone from the "We Believe" team, so I am down with him getting minutes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Matt Barnes getting a ring is my #1 beef with the warriors winning, mega-gently caress-that-dude

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Ammanas posted:

Kerr would play him 15 min in a closeout game even if he was terrible.

Kerr's a great coach with two glaring weaknesses: he wants to play everyone on the roster every game and he's really adverse to running 50 pick and rolls at the opponent's weakest defender.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

At some point this series, the Warriors will be up 12 and Matt Barnes will enter the game. He will earn 2 fouls and after 2.5 minutes of game clock, will leave the game with the Warriors down 3.

edit: he will also have inexplicably taken 4 shots, going 0/4

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TBeats posted:

gently caress Klay I'm high right now go Cavs

TBeats posted:

TBeats posted:

I'll go dab 4 dab with that sleepy eyed motherfucker any day

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib7YcAUWBBM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incredible

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

VERTICALITY!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Perfect.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm waiting on baited breath for Crazy Ted's GDT Thread :swoon:

e: Also the new Game of Zones loving owns.

ee: VERTICALITY

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 1, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

whoa clutch Leprechaun In Mobile reference, subtle and well done

Who else seen David Robinson score 70 on a leprechaun, say yedaaah

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

hahaha

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

holy poo poo you found (or made) that in 4 minutes

i am in awe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

predicto posted:

holy poo poo you found (or made) that in 4 minutes

i am in awe

It does not take very long to type "Glen Davis lips gif" into google, be more creative with your searches and your life will change

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

It does not take very long to type "Glen Davis lips gif" into google, be more creative with your searches and your life will change

I guess my problem is I didn't remember that clip even existed until I saw it again

Now it is reburned into my scarred mind and it will take another 5 years to forget it again.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

predicto posted:

I guess my problem is I didn't remember that clip even existed until I saw it again

Now it is reburned into my scarred mind and it will take another 5 years to forget it again.

Big Baby Davis is a sexual maven.

This is entertaining http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/01/ricky-davis-on-the-big3-coaching-aspirations-lebrons-rookie-year-triple-double-incident-and-more/

Ice Cube is responsible for the triple double incident

quote:

RD: They did blow it out of proportion a bit, but I admit I was young and I was selfish. I was just doing my own thing. I didn’t realize what the consequences would be. I was just trying to get my first triple-double, like Ice Cube in “It Was a Good Day.” I would always listen to Ice Cube and I wanted to get a triple-double too.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I gave a strong pre-playoffs prediction that someone would get frustrated with IT and give him the Bynum Barea but instead we got a knocked-out tooth and some kinda inverted contrapositive formulation of the event

Was I right? Tough call, but in the end I'd have to say Yes, 1000%

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He's so tiny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Never have hope.

Hope only leads to you unironically thinking Rajon Rondo is the savior of your team.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EvanTH posted:

I gave a strong pre-playoffs prediction that someone would get frustrated with IT and give him the Bynum Barea but instead we got a knocked-out tooth and some kinda inverted contrapositive formulation of the event

Lebron is still so far away from the basket in this picture.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

drat, best one yet

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

EvanTH posted:

is there a demotivational poster meme of this yet because if not there should be

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Ghost Dog posted:

curry is a distant third behind draymond in importance

Uh no.

Curry is the entire foundation for their style of play. They play the way they do on offense precisely because they have Steph Curry. Have people forgotten already just how mindbendingly incredible his 2015-16 season was? It was literally one of the five greatest offensive seasons of all time. This year he started slow as they obviously were featuring KD more to get him acclimatised to the offence, but down the stretch he was back to somewhere near his best. In the playoffs he's been really great, .675 TS%, .287 WS/48 (third behind Lebron and Kawhi - yes, ahead of Durant and Draymond), 11.3 BPM (third behind Westbrook and CP3). If the Warriors are going to win Curry is going to have to have a really good series.

You could say that KD or Draymond are more important than Curry in this series and it's an argument, but to say he's a 'distant third' is just silly.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/RidicUpside/status/870374824845168640

I don't love the Grizzly head but more Sounds-related stuff is cool

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BobCooney76/status/870378290548273153

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

I was going to make a joke, but really I need to know before the series starts: Is Green a tough guy or a fake tough guy?

They're almost all fake tough guys. Very few of these guys would go into a ring and do hand-to-hand combat.

Fast Luck posted:

But I'm not totally sure where that big offensive edge comes from. Career points per 100 Hakeem is at 30.3, with a five season peak of 34.3 @ .521 eFG; Robinson career 31.3 with a five season peak of 36.6 @ .517 eFG. That seems basically equivalent to me and Hakeem had a moderately longer career with 6000 more points and 3000 more rebounds.

Robinson has a TS% a full 3% higher than Hakeem. 3% doesn't sound like much but over the course of two careers that's a big margin.

Their overall WS totals are pretty close when including the playoffs because Hakeem played much longer.
code:
WS	Player
196.2 	David Robinson
185.4   Hakeem Olajuwon

Libertine posted:

George's game will also be fortunate to age anywhere near as well as Reggie's did.

It doesn't get mentioned enough how far ahead Reggie was in style of play.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Day 17 of no NBA basketball. It finally starts tonight.

If the Cavaliers lose again and LBJ is without a doubt the #1 player again I hope he finally gets that losing MVP award.

Lockback posted:

For me, I give Hakeem an edge for carrying that 94 team full of not much to a championship. Overall, I am more comfortable putting them both together as insane centers in an era of insane centers and calling them the same tier.

Otis Thorpe is very underrated.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

lmao indeed

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
4 hours loving A

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Cool Buff Man posted:

shut the gently caress up i am a magician

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

verbal enema posted:

4 hours loving A

loving finally. I need ridiculous 3-pointers back in my life.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I am terrified that LeBron is about to go super-saiyan. Again.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

clootch

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LeBron needs to go the level beyond super saiyan if he wants to win this series.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Away all Goats posted:

LeBron needs to go the level beyond super saiyan if he wants to win this series.

It's called super saiyan blue and it almost lost to master roshi

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

predicto posted:

I am terrified that LeBron is about to go super-saiyan. Again.

Me too. :ohdear:

Good luck to all the Cavs fans, here's to hoping you get annihilated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

verbal enema posted:

4 hours loving A

Don't leave us hanging

Brolander posted:

shut the gently caress up i am a magician

You are.

• Locked thread