Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Hunt11 posted:

Female mages are much better and all have acces to the anti-terror spell. They are not suffering in the least.

Except Sonya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
there's dlc supports...? why

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Folt The Bolt posted:

Except Sonya.

Sonya has Excalibur though so that puts her at least at parity with Sages

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Folt The Bolt posted:

Except Sonya.

Sonya is still a decent unit who by getting her you end up with a brave sword just before a decently tough battle.

Also have been using Faye as a cleric and so far she has been a great unit. Her surprisingly high attack stat is great and having two healers makes everything a lot easier.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zore posted:

My strangest level up was still when Clair got Speed/Res two levels in a row.

I think literally no one else proc'd a res growth the entire run.

All the res growths are single-digit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the best res growth in the game is conrad, with 8.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:toot:

274 out of the 500 turns limit. This was surprisingly a lot of fun and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Probably thanks to the Turnwheel, hah.

Top 5 victories are Alm, Saber, Atlas, Merc!Kliff, and Kamui. Atlas was an experiment and he's definitely not as bad as people like to say. His highlight was taking 70% of the final boss's 200 HP in one round. Merc!Kliff is the black horse MVP as well, his high Spd growth means he can easily double DFs right off the bat and he snowballed thanks to that. Very very special mention to Silque who nearly didn't manage to promote before the finale because she's been Warping too much. :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

blizzardvizard posted:

:toot:

274 out of the 500 turns limit. This was surprisingly a lot of fun and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Probably thanks to the Turnwheel, hah.

Top 5 victories are Alm, Saber, Atlas, Merc!Kliff, and Kamui. Atlas was an experiment and he's definitely not as bad as people like to say. His highlight was taking 70% of the final boss's 200 HP in one round. Merc!Kliff is the black horse MVP as well, his high Spd growth means he can easily double DFs right off the bat and he snowballed thanks to that. Very very special mention to Silque who nearly didn't manage to promote before the finale because she's been Warping too much. :v:

any tips? I'm planning to do a blitzrun after my first run.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity does the turn count only check story battles or does it include every battle you ever fight?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that Celica's army would have been doomed if Valentians had ever invented the roof

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that Celica's army would have been doomed if Valentians had ever invented the roof

loving archers are op as poo poo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can you transfer gold marks via the merchants or only items

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

I can't remember the last time Palla or Catria didn't crit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

alm's army would have been doomed if desaix had given his dracoshield to a mage instead

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Sonya is still a decent unit who by getting her you end up with a brave sword just before a decently tough battle.

Also have been using Faye as a cleric and so far she has been a great unit. Her surprisingly high attack stat is great and having two healers makes everything a lot easier.

Yes, but Deen on the other hand is a Dread Fighter and there can never be too many Dread Fighters.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Sonya is hot and interesting whereas Deen is uggo and boring, a death knell.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Sonya is hot and interesting whereas Deen is uggo and boring, a death knell.

Meh Sonya. Deen has a cool design, and still becomes a Dread Fighter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yes, but Deen on the other hand is a Dread Fighter and there can never be too many Dread Fighters.

There is a thing as too much 1 range fighters, especially on Celica's route who's pretty cramped already

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I hacked my game to get both Deen and Sonya and Deen saw next to no use whatsoever. It was just too difficult to get him into position alongside the other range one fighters, and he wasn't even competing with Atlas, an Archer.

Sonya by contrast beat the final boss of Thabes with two spectacularly well timed crits.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Tae posted:

There is a thing as too much 1 range fighters, especially on Celica's route who's pretty cramped already

Not with 7 mobility there isn't. On a lot of the latter maps, I just sent in the Dread Fighters alongside the Pegasus Knights and easily continued onward.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

there's dlc supports...? why

The dlc supports are the dlc characters with each other, so it's not like you're missing terribly much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

The dlc supports are the dlc characters with each other, so it's not like you're missing terribly much.
the deliverance dlc adds

lukas x python
lukas x forsyth
clair x mathilda
clive x forsyth
clive x python

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

the deliverance dlc adds

lukas x python
lukas x forsyth
clair x mathilda
clive x forsyth
clive x python

Oh lol

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

is mathilda supposed to be this much of a glass cannon? she dies to literally anything and never ever dodges

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Extra Tasty posted:

is mathilda supposed to be this much of a glass cannon? she dies to literally anything and never ever dodges

She' not as physically good as Clive, but she has one of the best RES. Her defense is fixed when she promotes, because she gets all of Clive's strengths plus her awesome base res and good growths in speed.

You use her to battle mages, not tanks. You have knights and Clive for those.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I thank whoever mentioned the Brave Sword from the Deen encounter a few pages back. Both Saber and Kamui using Brave Swords (converted a Shadow Sword for another one) basically made me feel like I'm not playing on Hard anymore,

which maybe on second thought is not so good. I'm sure more jerk enemies will compensate, I hope

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

eggrolled posted:

I thank whoever mentioned the Brave Sword from the Deen encounter a few pages back. Both Saber and Kamui using Brave Swords (converted a Shadow Sword for another one) basically made me feel like I'm not playing on Hard anymore,

which maybe on second thought is not so good. I'm sure more jerk enemies will compensate, I hope

They really won't. This game is not difficult once it runs out of tricks.

At least the last boss is properly hard.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They really won't. This game is not difficult once it runs out of tricks.

At least the last boss is properly hard.

the game is not difficult except for the tricks, you mean

i'm just not going to play the game after getting to duma gate, i don't care if it's hypothetically beatable, it's just not fun or interesting at all seeing my entire army take random massive resistance-piercing infinite range damage that outpaces my maximum possible healing

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
There's a 500-turn limit?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

There's a 500-turn limit?

for a cheevo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ungulateman posted:

the game is not difficult except for the tricks, you mean

i'm just not going to play the game after getting to duma gate, i don't care if it's hypothetically beatable, it's just not fun or interesting at all seeing my entire army take random massive resistance-piercing infinite range damage that outpaces my maximum possible healing

Eh, the cleric levelup gets a healing aura and it's massively telegraphed. On the turn it's coming out just fall back and group up to recover.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ungulateman posted:

lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
upheaval is really easy to deal with, actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

give mae the mage ring and have her seraphim the megaquake guy, then have leon use hunter's volley. grats, you've just completed a great game, and proven the justice of our culture.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Bruceski posted:

Eh, the cleric levelup gets a healing aura and it's massively telegraphed. On the turn it's coming out just fall back and group up to recover.

i was counting that healing

Endorph posted:

give mae the mage ring and have her seraphim the megaquake guy, then have leon use hunter's volley. grats, you've just completed a great game, and proven the justice of our culture.

no, mae and leon get loving murdered by a swarm of dread fighters and infinite gargoyles if they try and do that, i'd rather just not play the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I triangle attacked him to death

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

no, mae and leon get loving murdered by a swarm of dread fighters and infinite gargoyles if they try and do that, i'd rather just not play the game

you do realize that the hallway is one wide so you only actually have to heal one dude to tank the dreadknights right

also you have expel, an archer, and three pegasi to kill the gargoyles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I would like Triangle Attack if it was a guaranteed crit instead of just being an expensive killer strike that is very situational to pull off.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I would like Triangle Attack if it was a guaranteed crit instead of just being an expensive killer strike that is very situational to pull off.

It looks sweet af though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

in gaiden it fired during the enemy phase which was hilarious

• Locked thread