Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VROOM VROOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am not sure "the turtle and the hare" is the metafora he want to do here. But he did. The race of a fast machine running a oil that will ultimatelly run out against a vehicle that run on wind and will never stop but may be slower.

I imagine the push of Germany for clean energies is mostly political and they are not really lowering the pollution they produce.

Tei fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 1, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

When 40% of the population of the US has to be relocated because the coastal cities are now underwater I'm sure our economy will stay #1.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

turn left donald! noo

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Nobody knew that turning right could be so complicated.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ha, and when the rest of the world moves on without US leadership and that wind-powered thingy can go Warp 9, while Payne's giggling like a fat, happy 5-year-old in his vroom vroom car that's out of gas...

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
It's really simple: Payne masturbates to cars. His political views are entirely reduced to him rubbing one out to big vroom vroom car and pouting at sissy small car. Whenever he doesn't draw cars, you can feel the anxiety in his penmanship, his knee twitching as he grinds his teeth, muttering "next day car, next day big big car, next day big bumper sticker on big big big car"

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Edit request: put an infant in front of America's car.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The most out there thing I've heard was that Russian hackers stole voter roles that they handed over to Steven Bannon for use in microtargeting. It seems pretty :tinfoil: but we also live in the timeline with President Trump so anything is possible.

This sounds pretty close to non-tinfoil reporting about GOP operatives collaborating with the Russian hackers using voter data collected by the DNC and stolen in the DNC hack.

e:

quote:

Nevins’ exchanges with Guccifer 2.0 appear to represent the first confirmed evidence of a G.O.P. operative and an alleged Russian intelligence entity working together to tilt the 2016 election for Republican candidates. Nevins told the Journal that he isn’t convinced Guccifer 2.0 actually represents Russian interests, but that it was irrelevant either way. “If your interests align,” he said, “never shut any doors in politics.”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Where can I buy one of the weenie Europe cars, that looks really fun to drive.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Oh good, it's a "Nicola Sturgeon has fat hairy legs" gag, good stuff. Also i believe an actual cankle reference, maybe taking notes from Ben Garrison.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Labour's open door policy

The aliens are waiting to see if humanity is smart enough to elect a half-decent leader before making first contact, sounds about right

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FreeKillB posted:

This sounds pretty close to non-tinfoil reporting about GOP operatives collaborating with the Russian hackers using voter data collected by the DNC and stolen in the DNC hack.

I hadn't heard of this story, but Guccifer 2.0 is pretty much 100% a Russian operation, like DC Leaks.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

All this Russia poo poo is great because it's all highly illegal and will expose a ton of corruption and get a lot of Trump high brass into deep poo poo, and inshallah could maybe just maybe take down Trump himself

but it's not an existential threat to our country and it's not literal election fraud and there's a lot of people out there who seem to think it's one or both of those things

Yeah, Russia assembling a targeted propaganda engine to directly meddle in open elections by playing on the stupidity of both the right and the left in order to get their nazi puppets installed. But Yeah, we can safely ignore it.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Or is this just your desperate reasoning that "America would still technically exist as an authoritarian theocracy yellow, so it's technically not a threat".

ajrosales
Dec 19, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, Russia assembling a targeted propaganda engine to directly meddle in open elections by playing on the stupidity of both the right and the left in order to get their nazi puppets installed. But Yeah, we can safely ignore it.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Or is this just your desperate reasoning that "America would still technically exist as an authoritarian theocracy yellow, so it's technically not a threat".

Please stop making GBS threads up this thread. Nobody wants to see Zuckieberg or your commentary we're here for the cartoons dummy.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

KillerQueen posted:

Edit request: put an infant in front of America's car.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Radish posted:

Bigotry is fictional so obviously if a bunch of women want to see a movie without having dudes around or black people want their own event it's JUST as bad as segregation enforced by the justice system and armed police. This country has tried to white wash its history so badly that you have people that refuse to even consider reality.
It's such a loving leap of cognitive dissonance the way it manifests. Every once in a while you get someone who will compare something like that with segregation, but then also say that segregation wasn't so bad.
I've seen people arguing (and I think even some major talking head -- I want to say O'Reilly? Someone like that -- once voiced this too) that this or that or taxation or political correctness is literally as bad as slavery... but then the same person will then argue that slavery wasn't so bad and black people had it pretty good! They want it both ways, as a horrible fate for whites and a tolerable reality for blacks.

This obvious anti-white thing is as bad as slavery, which is the worst, most extreme comparison I can make, which also wasn't REALLY that bad and black people need to quit whining.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Hillary Clinton is continuing her whine tour. She usually prefaces her complaints by first saying she takes full responsibility, but then she launches into her blame game—and she blames everyone but herself. She outspent Trump by more than a two to one margin, but Trump out-campaigned her and made far more appearances to his packed venues. Hillary didn’t bother much because she thought it was in the bag all along. After all, that’s what her skewed polls told her. She once said (when she thought she had a huge lead) she never even thought of Trump anymore. The Clintons always used their power and crooked games to rig elections in their favor. Why would she expect things to be any different? All Clinton thought she had to do was talk about ‘glass ceilings’ while the globalist deep state-owned mainstream media praised her as being the most qualified candidate in history. CNN constantly talked about the ‘historic’ Clinton and expected the brainwashed masses to vote for her no matter what.

Yet the MSM had lost its persuasive power. The Internet was the instrument that swayed minds and Hillary was so out of touch that she simply couldn’t understand that. She instead insulted pro-Trump Americans as ‘deplorables.’

So Hillary lost despite her advantages. She flew into a drunken rage and didn’t even bother to address the crowd who had been waiting for her patiently and for many hours. She sent the satanic pedophile Podesta to tell her supporters to go home. She lacked the class and accountability to tell them herself.

Instead of going away and accepting her defeat gracefully, she instead concocted the ‘Russia’ story while claiming she was going to lead the opposition, which wanted to impeach Trump. What she’s doing is quasi-treasonous.

It’s time for Hillary to go away for good, but her ego and lust for power and control simply will not allow her to do that. Instead she will probably run again in 2020. If she does, she will likely face an even worse defeat. Young voters will see her for what she is—and old, corrupt hag who is firmly in the pocket of the central banker global elite establishment. The Deep State will probably deep six her since they know this, but that remains to be seen.

Go away, crooked Hillary!

—Ben Garrison

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Garrison puts me to loving sleep these days.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

:five:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I remember dreading the endless lovely Hillary cartoons to come when I thought she'd win.:smith:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Joke's on us, he's going to make Hillary cartoons for four years either way.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Russia hacked the election against her, so of course, the Hammer and Sickle is a part of her crown.

I know that the USSR and modern Russia aren't the same thing, but its widely accepted and recognised cultural shorthand.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Most appropriately: :perfect:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Russia hacked the election against her, so of course, the Hammer and Sickle is a part of her crown.

I know that the USSR and modern Russia aren't the same thing, but its widely accepted and recognised cultural shorthand.

Hmmmm, if only the hammer and sickle also represented something else, like a widely-known ideology that any left-of-center politician frequently gets accused of supporting by the far-right, but nope, the symbol is exclusively linked to the present-day Russia and nothing else.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

America has to steer left if it wants to truly prosper, agc.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gen. Ripper posted:

Here's a conservative cartoonist's take on the whole Russia mess:

Could literally flip those speech bubbles.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
deep takes

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Most appropriately: :perfect:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Angepain posted:

Oh good, it's a "Nicola Sturgeon has fat hairy legs" gag, good stuff. Also i believe an actual cankle reference, maybe taking notes from Ben Garrison.

Cool your jets; that's Angus Robertson trying to fill Nicola Sturgeon's shoes.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

oh, I thought it was a dumb attack against the lady from Plaid Cymru.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yet another one in English.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

NRVNQSR posted:

poo poo, for once not watching a debate has actually made me less informed on an issue. I never thought I'd see the day.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

Deep Hurting is not a conservative cartoonist

This is Deep Hurting? How many times has he used Two-Face as a political metaphor? It made sense with John McCain 2000 vs. 2008, and I think there were at least one or two others. Does he just really want to draw Batman comics?

D.N. Nation posted:

I was in college 2001-2005, and I definitely remember some wingnuts in my dorm hanging it on their doors. C'mon, Garrison, go old school with it, post Osama wearing a turban made of toilet paper.

It couldn't have been exactly the same, because no one had heard of Michelle Obama before 2008. I mean, I'm sure a few people had, but she was hardly a major spokesperson for the Democratic Party. It's also kind of weird that the Dems are on the right and the Reps on the left.

Shangri-Law School posted:

One of America's major political parties being A-OK with treason is a big loving deal.

It is, and it should be addressed, but it shouldn't be our main focus. I'd rather talk about horrible policies like gutting Medicaid and kicking people off health insurance. I'd oppose those even if Trump were squeaky clean ethically, and polls suggest people care about that more than the Russia scandal.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lodin posted:

Yet another one in English.

Hah, rhyming "through" and "enough".

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Cat Mattress posted:

Hah, rhyming "through" and "enough".

not sure if she would pronounce it "Thruff" or "Enoo"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Eh, it works if you read it as Nathan Explosion. (And just assume that through/enough weren't really supposed to rhyme)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Through/Enough isn't an attempted rhyme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

• Locked thread