Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Listen in my household, if I spend money I don't have...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Listen in my household, if I spend money I don't have...

Then you can tax your dog or take your loaf of bread's pension

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also i have a printer in my garage that makes money the rest of my neighborhood buys from me at extremely advantageous rates

therefore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Audit the garage

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's re-import the stuff we moved up to the attic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nobody can actually gauge the effects of QE and QE2 because there's no control group to look at and see what would have happened without them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm building a wall across my driveway and I'm gonna make the post office pay for it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

sorry plane earth

you had a good run

maybe the next dominant species will take care of you.

CORVID SUPREMACY

Cephalopod supremacy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Leperflesh posted:

I'm building a wall across my driveway and I'm gonna make the post office pay for it

I'll tax their stamps to pay for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Three reasons why Trump pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement probably won't doom the planet:

1) If the US pulls out the three non-signatory nations will generate 15% of global CO2 emissions, and the US will be roughly 14.5% of that. That's not great. But China by itself releases as much CO2 as the US, India, and the entirety of Europe combined, so their participation is by far more crucial. We're the second-largest producer of greenhouse gasses but it's still not a massive amount in the grand scheme of things.

2) The US pulling out of the deal won't cause a domino effect of other nations because, for one thing, everyone thinks we're crazy and doesn't want to be on our side. But more importantly energy has been the most important and lucrative commodity for most of human history and leaving the agreement sets you behind on the next wave of energy generation technology. You'd have to be an idiot to sit out the next industrial revolution.

3) We're probably doomed anyway. We won't see the point the chain reaction started until it's already mostly over, and odds are good that happened when permafrost started thawing and decomposing and belching out methane.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Three reasons why Trump pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement probably won't doom the planet:

Anxiously awaiting Shangri's 18 reasons why Trump pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement spells death to any and all of us while deflecting that this would never have happened under Hillary's watch! :allears:

Actually, no I'm not...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Weather.com has a bone to pick.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I accomplished very little at work today.

working for the man is getting me down

Nov 6, 2002

You should start your own business. Maybe selling shirts?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You should start your own business. Maybe selling shirts?

PTS Inc.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody can actually gauge the effects of QE and QE2 because there's no control group to look at and see what would have happened without them.

yeah but we know that it didn't cause any inflation, which was my point.

nor did the european versions, when somehow a country the size of north carolina was poised to bring down the entire financial order

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ehud posted:

PTS Inc.

I'd buy one

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Would you guys rather have the Cavs sweep the finals or Trump get successfully removed from office

Nov 6, 2002

Does Pence go with him?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gently caress the Cavs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You're going to need a King Ralph and a simultaneous strike on whomever's in the bunker to fix that government.

Also, since I know we've talked about Blue Apron before:

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/870386653294202880

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Would you guys rather have the Cavs sweep the finals or Trump get successfully removed from office

Cavs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

You're going to need a King Ralph and a simultaneous strike on whomever's in the bunker to fix that government.

Also, since I know we've talked about Blue Apron before:

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/870386653294202880

ahahahahahahahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Cavs sweeping the finals would be pretty funny.

If it happens, Ehud, your shirt business needs to crank out some fo' fo' fo' oh and fo' shirts immediately.

Nov 6, 2002

I feel like there are about 10 people left in the entire world that actually want GS to win.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I feel like there are about 10 people left in the entire world that actually want GS to win.

weird Asian candy posted:

gently caress the Cavs

Myself, and the 9 other people in the entire world, care not what you feel.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

$144m in advertising means they must pay about 4 cents for each podcast they advertise on.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If LeBron somehow leads the Cavs to beat Golden State for the championship, they should just demolish the Basketball Hall of Fame and replace it with a statue of LeBron bigger than the Colossus of Rhodes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bulls fans probably want the Warriors to win because they know that LeBron is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan and want to cling to the dumb 6 rings argument

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Bulls fans probably want the Warriors to win because they know that LeBron is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan and want to cling to the dumb 6 rings argument

Just lol at that entire sentence

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a neat cape posted:

I, Mel Mudkiper, a mother fucker whose entire legacy is based on being wrong and dumb, am looking at this sentence and realizing I have been outmatched

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He's right tho.

That is the coldest take ever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
"Better than" arguments are inherently meaningless because they always assume a vacuum that cannot be proven

Who knows if LeBron is actually better than Michael?

What is inarguable is that Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time and probably one of the most important figures in the history of sports in general.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Mel continues to be wrong and dumb I see.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Name a player more significant to the current cultural climate of professional sports than Michael Jordan. He defined the way we perceive the modern superstar athlete.

Hell, consider the fact that we keep comparing EVERY great bball player to him. No one asks "Is Lebron better than Kobe" or "Is Lebron better than Chamberlain"

Jordan is a benchmark as much for his talent as he is for his iconic grip over the popular consciousness of the sport itself

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lebron.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

He's right. It's what makes Ross' statement about the 6 rings argument and calling it dumb even funnier. The whole MJ/Lebron comparison at it's root is a loving stupid exercise in the first place. Comparing generational talents against each other is a pointless argument because no one knows how it would play out. The game is different. The players are different. How the games are officiated are different. It's not comparable. Not to mention that comparing the two in the first place is dumb because they didn't even do the same poo poo. Mike and Kobe were scorers, 2 guards, not facilitators like Lebron. The better Lebron comparison is Magic and even then it's dumb for the reasons listed above.

I don't know why everyone has to anoint people better than others from past generations, it's one of the most stupid and pointless loving debates in all of sports.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

...can thank Michael for the shoe deals and endorsement money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

He's right. It's what makes Ross' statement about the 6 rings argument and calling it dumb even funnier. The whole MJ/Lebron comparison at it's root is a loving stupid exercise in the first place. Comparing generational talents against each other is a pointless argument because no one knows how it would play out. The game is different. The players are different. How the games are officiated are different. It's not comparable. Not to mention that comparing the two in the first place is dumb because they didn't even do the same poo poo. Mike and Kobe were scorers, 2 guards, not facilitators like Lebron. The better Lebron comparison is Magic and even then it's dumb for the reasons listed above.

I don't know why everyone has to anoint people better than others from past generations, it's one of the most stupid and pointless loving debates in all of sports.

Why do boomers refer to themselves as the greatest generation instead of the luckiest? The answer might not surprise you!

• Locked thread