Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

like every other interesting MS exclusive, it has been hosed to death by tinkering and executive meddling.

considering the game was originally some boss rush poo poo it was doomed to failure from the outset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bolow posted:

considering the game was originally some boss rush poo poo it was doomed to failure from the outset

Boss rush could be cool, people liked titan souls a while back. Content just for paddings sake is bad

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Why is the PC gaming show so early this year? The last couple of years it's been in the middle of the night, and so boring that I fell asleep both years.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Star Citizen guys don't wanna miss their bed times.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Someone get Joel McHale on the phone

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Boss rush could be cool, people liked titan souls a while back. Content just for paddings sake is bad

yeah except the whole boss rush thing didn't get revealed until like a year later and well after it was hyped to hell and back, so everyone thought it was some slick 2d platformer.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Finally Eliza Dushku is back as Rubi Malone in Bethesda's WET 2 : WETTER

We've brought back fan favorite Rubi on a radical new adventure with all your favorite influ- I mean, Youtube personalities!

Policenaut posted:

The Star Citizen guys don't wanna miss their bed times.

Hey kids, you wanna buy this stealth bomber package?! I know it's been five years and we have hardly anything to show that resembles a real game, but it's gonna be so cool!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Star Citizen has produced one valuable tangible thing. The bbq grill in my back yard I bought by selling a $300 equivalent of a tie fighter for $1200 to some idiot

I was also idiot for backing the game in the first place

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's actually a secret cabal to ensure that Freespace 2 is the last great spaceship game ever made.

They haven't had to target Star Citizen yet though because it's just kinda collapsing on its own.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quoting this for later
(Put it in the op as well)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That chart is really hard to read and the fact that Saturday is on the left in the main chart and on the right in the legend is bothering me. Poor showing, Cheesemeister3k.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I hope they are giving Cuphead the time it needs to meet those expectations and that they're given the creative control they need to do it. I'm pessimistic about that though.

Also if Star Citizen is at E3, I am gonna watch the hell out of that if they do a live demo. I love watching their streams and occasionally dipping into its ludicrous drama and kinda-admirably geeky dream of making the ubergame AND MOVIE a reality. It won't happen, but it's fun to watch when nothing's going on.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

hmm yes can't wait to see exclusives shown by microsoft after they brought a digital card game and loving Minecraft in the year of our lord 2016 out for stage demonstrations

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crusty Juggler posted:

hmm yes can't wait to see exclusives shown by microsoft after they brought a digital card game and loving Minecraft in the year of our lord 2016 out for stage demonstrations

Anyone got an over/under on Halo 6?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Erata posted:

I hope they are giving Cuphead the time it needs to meet those expectations and that they're given the creative control they need to do it. I'm pessimistic about that though.

Also if Star Citizen is at E3, I am gonna watch the hell out of that if they do a live demo. I love watching their streams and occasionally dipping into its ludicrous drama and kinda-admirably geeky dream of making the ubergame AND MOVIE a reality. It won't happen, but it's fun to watch when nothing's going on.

Other than blatant e-ship peddling I wouldn't expect anything fun from star citizen, they have to keep their powder dry for citizen con

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just showed the logo and maybe a picture of Master Chief.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You can't really fault them for going all in on Master Chief at this point when that whole advertising battle gimmick they tried to do around the release of Halo 5 went south really quickly in terms of "PICK A SIDE MASTER CHIEF OR LOCKE?!" and it was overwhelmingly in favor of MC.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

There's actually a secret cabal to ensure that Freespace 2 is the last great spaceship game ever made.

They haven't had to target Star Citizen yet though because it's just kinda collapsing on its own.

If House of the Dying Sun was way longer it'd easily be a contender to dethrone it. As it is though it was just enough to get my space ship blood lust up but not long enough to be really satisfying.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I am excited to see things for the Nintendo Switch and sad that this might be the last weird Ubisoft conference

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You can't really fault them for going all in on Master Chief at this point when that whole advertising battle gimmick they tried to do around the release of Halo 5 went south really quickly in terms of "PICK A SIDE MASTER CHIEF OR LOCKE?!" and it was overwhelmingly in favor of MC.

Just have to pull the MGS2 bait and switch and get rid of Master Chief

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The just did

Taintrunner posted:

They have said no announcements for halo but maybe a small surprise (like master chief minecraft skins or something similar)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

That chart is really hard to read and the fact that Saturday is on the left in the main chart and on the right in the legend is bothering me. Poor showing, Cheesemeister3k.

If you're having trouble, just find your time zone on the left and then run a greasy doritos finger to the right across your monitor in a straight line to find the times. Next time you open the chart, line it up with the grease stain again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A F2P MMO TPS with RPG elements set in the Halo universe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Is that a parody, has writing at Destructoid always been that bad, or is that a new thing?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yes, yes, no

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

'savvy and sophisticated gaming press'

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cause I mean, drat. Most Games forum posters write better.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtO1Sm7wbR0

Get those dreams out if you got 'em! :keke:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do people like huber? I only go for easy allies content when they got bosman and hubers not there. Something about him idk

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Do people like huber? I only go for easy allies content when they got bosman and hubers not there. Something about him idk

I know what you mean, but he is the Emperor of Hype.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the brothers two sons guy apparently has a new game at E3 but it will be EA-published aka Origin-only

rip

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is asking fans to send in testimonial videos about xbox that they will show at e3 so dont get excited for too many new games to be shown

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox is asking fans to send in testimonial videos about xbox that they will show at e3 so dont get excited for too many new games to be shown

That makes it sound like the Microsoft keynote is going to be a funeral for the XBox.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That makes it sound like the Microsoft keynote is going to be a funeral for the XBox.

No that was in 2013

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I am excited to see things for the Nintendo Switch and sad that this might be the last weird Ubisoft conference

Maybe last Ubisoft conference ever. Vivendi preferred to have their games featured in the Microsoft/Sony conference rather than host their own.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Huber's a good boy who enjoys videogames a lot. Even if I don't agree with some of his opinions, I still like hearing his thoughts.

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Now, let's hear what all our fans have to say."
____/
:tif:

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
I've got plenty of good things to say about the ORIGINAL Xbox. But I doubt the new guard wants to hear how the people they replaced did it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'd love to send them a video saying how much I loved playing Phantom Dust, Steel Battalion, Shenmue 2, and Metal Wolf Chaos on my OG Box but only one of those games exists on Xbox One and not in a capacity they would like to be reminded about.

• Locked thread