Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

welp thank you CIG for confirming another leak on this atv, that Sandi has been doing mocap stand in work for weeks/months now

I'm sure it pays well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Will CIG be skipping E3 this year as well? Have they said anything official about it, or will it just be kind of not mentioned sort of thing? When are they expected to make their next (perhaps final) public showing?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ooze™ - written by the lead server engineer, it is the scripting language that drives diffusion™

:gary:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello just wtf is this poo poo

quote:

Release for the MMO portion of Kickstarter's largest game, STAR CITIZEN, is November 17th, 2017. The single player portion of the game will release sometime in 2018.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

:eyepop:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Will CIG be skipping E3 this year as well? Have they said anything official about it, or will it just be kind of not mentioned sort of thing? When are they expected to make their next (perhaps final) public showing?
peeps that handle marketing stuff say that they've seen some mockups of star citizen stuff, but who knows

intel is sponsoring this years event, so it makes sense

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

man that's going to be a really bad MMO

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

TheAgent posted:

Looks like we got ourselves a firm, definitely won't be delayed, release date. Time to buy back in, goonies, and rebuild the fleet.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

It looks like they hired someone competent to dummy up some cut scenes for their demo on rails and then tried to copy them over to PU using the in house production team responsible for Morrow.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

hot balls man no homo posted:

It looks like they hired someone competent to dummy up some cut scenes for their demo on rails and then tried to copy them over to PU using the in house production team responsible for Morrow.

Featuring no visible liquid this time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sandi's neck does some weird poo poo

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

fargom posted:

Doesn't exist, FAKE NEWS!

The warlord fixes all

I'm getting video does not exist, just like star citizen. Fits the narrative.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

If you are still on the fence for a refund, even for the mere pittance that I had, go for it. They are handing them out like candy and hell I'm in the US with the ironclad ToS.

Of course you might get some blowback if you had a few hundred or a few thousand invested in this dumpster fire...but there is still time.

It's a nice cathartic feeling.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Why does she do "taking off your panties"?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheAgent posted:

That has to be bollocks, there's no way they can avoid a shitstorm releasing Star Citizen in its shoddy, featureless state this year, it won't have a single completed Star System or even gameplay by then :laffo:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

The Titanic posted:

Then Ultima 9 came out, attempting to break into 3D and it was universally terrible.

I think Ultima 9's problems came from the fact they basically had to make it twice, maybe three times. The game industry shows a good track record of games that get scrapped and redone multiple times being the worst the industry then has to offer.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Quavers posted:

That has to be bollocks, there's no way they can avoid a shitstorm releasing Star Citizen in its shoddy, featureless state this year, it won't have a single completed Star System or even gameplay by then :laffo:

Nah, they're just doing the same thing SotA is doing. They've been in it together this whole time and finally have enough money set aside to bail on the sibling projects.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kosumo posted:

T-pose is a well regarded sexual position.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Kosumo posted:

How else is the character meant to poop in the garbage disposal?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bat Ham posted:

How else is the character meant to poop in the garbage disposal?

Imagine that mocap scene.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So what happened to SoTA?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Colostomy Bag posted:

FInally, the real reason for that studio in Germany stands revealed.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well, you might not be getting that crossbow, or whatever the gently caress it is.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

THEY SLEPT DEVELOPED TOO LONG!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow, I didn't see power in the new Prey. What's it called?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

FMguru posted:

FInally, the real reason for that studio in Germany stands revealed.

Sadly myself, and anyone else that understands that reference should feel grief.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sadly myself, and anyone else that understands that reference should feel grief.
Crobblers takes his dedication to the maximum possible fidelity very seriously.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In other Kickstarter News.

Battletech Beta is available for download.

namaste

e : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsedF16M4yE&t=200s

no_recall fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

"He's" a supercomputer.

So wtf? Start with Neuromancer?

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

SelenicMartian posted:

Makes you wonder if the stock T pose really is stock or if CIG motion captured it.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

1500 posted:

Makes you wonder if the stock T pose really is stock or if CIG motion captured it.

Of course it was motion captured. The only real question is how many work days did the croberrs spend with the intern explaining every minute detail and how many re-shoots did they have to do before they had a T pose animation that was high quality enough to pass the cribblet's exacting standards? Seeing as how NOTHING goes into the game that isn't perfect.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Are those it's eyes that are floating around emanating light?

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Colostomy Bag posted:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Source?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
No way they have a concrete estimate even if it is for 3.0 or them naming 3.0 as beta.

But I guess the "plan" could be to name whatever the gently caress they have before the CitCon a "beta, just to show progress. I kind of hope they do, because beta is a lot more acceptable to criticize for its poor state and performance issues.

I admit a out of nowhere "abandon ship" release in November would be funnier though.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Questions I would like to see answered by Chris Roberts:

When is Star Citizen coming out?

Where is the game?

What did you do with all the money?

Thirty pages old but this post is timeless

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I have to wonder why there is a fan grill in the lower back of the chair construction. Looks like the PC is standing by the desk, so I'm not sure if they have something else stuck under the chair.

Xaerael posted:

All this, but while Full Burn is on repeat.

It will be played at the wrong sample rate, though, just like the SC launcher has done with its music.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
So, over at space truck simulator...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IPZ37NXwms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Bofast posted:

I have to wonder why there is a fan grill in the lower back of the chair construction. Looks like the PC is standing by the desk, so I'm not sure if they have something else stuck under the chair.

I think that's ventilation for a sub amp, or maybe even a ButtKicker (maybe even both)