Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think it's pretty lovely to be honest. Sony has known about this for years and refuses to fix it, mostly because it encourages you to keep buying into the PSN ecosystem.

its something they should fix, but i think you could probably create a new account, buy the game, and then even play it on your old account if you wish

ive never tried it myself but i dont see why that wouldnt work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that sounds pretty good tbh

just throw down a 20 and forget it about it for a while

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Can't wait to play Super Mario Bros 3 online whatever the hell that means.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Yodzilla posted:

Can't wait to play Super Mario Bros 3 online whatever the hell that means.

Ideally multiplayer in the vein of new super Mario bros Wii
Most likely just the mode where you alternate playing with a second person as Luigi

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How does the splattoon headset work if you're playing with the joycon grip

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Namaste

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

poorly

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/870458277724860421
I'm all on board for this poo poo now. $20 sounds like a great deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ykugiRKyM

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ethanol posted:

You can plug in headphones while the system is docked. Maybe it has an extra long cord.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I wouldn't mind having ready access to a steady flow of random internet people jumping into a match of Metal Warriors. :hellyeah:

Good luck getting that Lucasarts developed and Konami published game on a digital shop.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can plug in headphones while the system is docked. Maybe it has an extra long cord.

compounding the lameness maybe but you can get a 25' extension cord for like five bux if not

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

its something they should fix, but i think you could probably create a new account, buy the game, and then even play it on your old account if you wish

ive never tried it myself but i dont see why that wouldnt work

lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

uh guys this is already a solved issue

Spellman posted:

A TV that I bought for the NES classic and Switch

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-22LH4530-P-led-tv

If you have an office-chair-desk setup or a kitchen or something, this is a small monitor-sized HD TV with an HDMI port and speakers built in

With this setup, you can presumably play Splatoon in docked mode with the headphone jack, if this works.

It's portable enough that if you want to move it around your house, you can

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I got in for a second then got kicked.:smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

acksplode posted:

If Nintendo turns VC into a Netflix-style buffet, that'd be shockingly smart. Probably their smartest online decision yet, behind creating VC in the first place.

Yeah, this would be amazing. Seems like they probably heard the criticism from the "one game a month" poo poo and just opened the flood gates. $20 a year is loving great.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This Switch online news is glorious.
Even if the free games are a batch of 3-5 a month, that's more than I could get through anyway.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Psh, you posted the shittier trailer. Here's the good less lovely one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVuMmkU5dM

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you honestly think Nintendo is going to give more than one game a month. They aren't dumb.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Empress Brosephine posted:

Lol if you honestly think Nintendo is going to give more than one game a month. They aren't dumb.

no but you kind of are :kiddo:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol under consideration, as if anyone would be satisfied with playing loving NES games. Put SNES games on there and we'll talk, jesus christ

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Exactly. How anyone sees this better than what Sony and Microsoft gives is loving blind.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Phantasium posted:

Good luck getting that Lucasarts developed and Konami published game on a digital shop.

:smith:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Exactly. How anyone sees this better than what Sony and Microsoft gives is loving blind.

Relative to price I think it's fine.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

No but any expecting it to be on par for a third of the price has incredibly unrealistic expectations.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i was initially excited about this but with the reveal that its only nes "for now" im not confident that it will be good

i hope there will still be a way to individually buy the few good vc games i want

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

$20 aint poo poo dude

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I see free games for 20$ as a pretty good deal 'cause I'm an adult with money instead of a little kid that wears baby diapers for babies

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think there are any NES games I'd want to play these days.

Bleck posted:

I see free games for 20$ as a pretty good deal 'cause I'm an adult with money instead of a little kid that wears baby diapers for babies

I don't think you quite understand what free means.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Bleck posted:

I'll give you ten dollars for free if you give me $20.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/870490166229467136

All you thirsty nerds can rest easy Twintelle is playable this weekend during the Test Punch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

I don't think there are any NES games I'd want to play these days.

jackal all day erry day

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Every NES game that is actually good has a better version on the SNES.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

Every NES game that is actually good has a better version on the SNES.

WHERE IS MY 'SUPER' GUN.SMOKE

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Hey least they aren't going to do that one a month poo poo. For Nintendo this is a big step.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Games over 25 years old. They really are using the automotive definition of "classic".

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I have no idea what the process is to adding online multiplayer functionality to these NES/SNES area games but I'm sure that will be the reason given if the lineup seems anemic.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.nintendoprime.net/nintendo-hori-lift-reveal-how-splatoon-2-handles-voice-chat-on-switch/

Hahahaha what the gently caress Nintendo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So does this mean definitely no VC until 2018? If they are doing a subscription model where you just play games as they add them as long as you have the online subscription, what would be the point of selling the games?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CubsWoo posted:

I have no idea what the process is to adding online multiplayer functionality to these NES/SNES area games but I'm sure that will be the reason given if the lineup seems anemic.

I don't think that says they're adding online multiplayer dude, you're jumping the gun.

All it says is that if you subscribe to online you'll get those games.

Adding online multi to SNES emulation on VC would be cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Welcome to ten pages ago

• Locked thread