Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I came in around like 3.2 and have bad memory. It used to be 2 dungeons every patch, no? In exdr pairs.

10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In ARR it was 3 dungeons per patch.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So in 7.0 the launch dungeons will be it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They'll actually start deleting old dungeons at that point.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

They'll actually start deleting old dungeons at that point.

Good, I hope AV gets das boot

Also I haven't looked at the new skills yet, but do any other classes besides nin get the vuln down debuff?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
e: oh wait no i'm an idiot disregard this

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

OK I'll start.

Zenos isn't Yda.

is this confirmed

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto posted:

OK I'll start.

Zenos isn't Yda.

I don't know why people keep trying to float the idea that Zenos is Yda. It's a super dumb theory.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
people want to try and guess every possibly plot twist so they can get that sweet validation

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I think it's obvious Zenos is Papalymo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lalafels are actually a type of yam.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I don't know why people keep trying to float the idea that Zenos is Yda. It's a super dumb theory.

Wait, that's a serious thing people are proposing?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

Ahhh.
lol

edit: my problem was not actually knowing the name of "that guy with fracture eyes", you see.

That's the first part of it. The second part of it is Rikers Island, as in the New York City jail.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

vOv posted:

Wait, that's a serious thing people are proposing?

"Yeah! Why else would they have shown Zenos smile! And they're blonde too! They have to be Yda!"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
How do we know Zenos isn't a next-level Magitek armor piloted by a lalafell (Papalymo)? WE DON'T, SO I COULD BE RIGHT.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
now that the maps are good all I gotta do is loop the dalmasca music while in Uldah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's fine by me if they decide to go 1 dungeon only on odd patches if that odd dungeon is good.

if that one dungeon is a Neverreap... welp

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's fine by me if they decide to go 1 dungeon only on odd patches if that odd dungeon is good.

if that one dungeon is a Neverreap... welp

It'll probably happen.

Plus side, that one dungeon might also be Fractal/Antitower/Sohr Kai!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The other part of it was that in place of the second dungeon the odd patches will have "other content", so if going light on dungeons for a patch is what they need to do to make Eureka not another Diadem then okay fine by me. Gonna withhold judgement.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Just having 3 dungeons in EXDR will be nice, honestly. Like yeah I'd rather have 4 but I'll give them a chance.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Jalisr I checked your sheet again when I finally got home and I liked the rotation you had set up but I noticed you forgot(?) Guren. Here it is with Guren,
which seems to be the best results I've found so far. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Egi6HRCl4H2gmeHp_ZsxXblRoBeMca3Qilp08gn5wXU/edit?usp=sharing

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I haven't done Neverreap in forever, someone remind me what was so bad about it. All I remember is it let you carry those totems with you if you picked one up before the second boss fight, which was pretty cool.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Freaksaus posted:

I haven't done Neverreap in forever, someone remind me what was so bad about it. All I remember is it let you carry those totems with you if you picked one up before the second boss fight, which was pretty cool.

They fixed that bug so it's one redeeming feature was removed. Besides that, all 3 bosses have tedious invulnerable phases. The final boss has way more hp than it should (back when 180 was the max ilvl but nobody had it that final boss used to consistently take over 5 minutes to kill). The trash to the first boss is incredibly tedious as a melee dps due to all the Sordes spamming their AE. Also if you get a new tank they won't know where to stand to avoid tornados and might ignore the markers you put down. Trash to the 2nd boss has bees so you've got to deal with final sting which isn't a problem now but it was. Both the 2nd and 3rd boss will turn to cast horseshit and ruin my trick attack or other positionals and it is the worst.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Freaksaus posted:

It was visually boring for a dungeon made of floating islands, the bosses sucked, and it felt insanely long when it first came out and hasn't gotten much shorter over time. It might be better now, but it was a nightmare every time I got it back then, especially when Fractal felt comparably brisk and was at least more interesting.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wish it didn't cost so much, but I really do like the coat thing:

Gonna prepare for a showdown with the big guy:

I think I'm gonna need more training:

I'm ready for Stormblood now!

Except I need to get that last GC rank
And I suppose I should finish getting a full i270 set, but you lose so much crit with the Aug Shire head piece

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Jalisr I checked your sheet again when I finally got home and I liked the rotation you had set up but I noticed you forgot(?) Guren. Here it is with Guren,
which seems to be the best results I've found so far. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Egi6HRCl4H2gmeHp_ZsxXblRoBeMca3Qilp08gn5wXU/edit?usp=sharing

Do we know that MS will let us continue combo's afterwards, I thought it would be like monks where you have to start from first step after PB ends

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It was visually boring for a dungeon made of floating islands, the bosses sucked, and it felt insanely long when it first came out and hasn't gotten much shorter over time. It might be better now, but it was a nightmare every time I got it back then, especially when Fractal felt comparably brisk and was at least more interesting.

Every single boss in Neverreap was a pain in the rear end as a BLM. Compare this to Fractal where the only thing that would force you to stop casting was Disorienting Groan on the Minotaur.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

The other part of it was that in place of the second dungeon the odd patches will have "other content", so if going light on dungeons for a patch is what they need to do to make Eureka not another Diadem then okay fine by me. Gonna withhold judgement.

I, too, look forward to the despair of seeing the 'content' in an odd patch is akin to Chocobo Racing, Lord of Verminion, and Airships.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vOv posted:

Every single boss in Neverreap was a pain in the rear end as a BLM. Compare this to Fractal where the only thing that would force you to stop casting was Disorienting Groan on the Minotaur.

I main Bard so while I didn't struggle quite that much, I sure loving loved knowing my DoTs were gonna drop off while I ran around searching for a shadow or avoiding an invulnerable boss for a while. So much fun.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

nuru posted:

I, too, look forward to the despair of seeing the 'content' in an odd patch is akin to Chocobo Racing, Lord of Verminion, and Airships.

Still better than Diadem.

Yes even Verminion :colbert:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I didn't want to say Blitzball, but yeah I'll be happy if they add Blitzball in 4.1

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

From what I remember blitzball felt pretty slow and unresponsive in Final Fantasy X and was already a big grind so I don't see any obstacles to sticking it in an MMO

Also being able to recruit random NPCs like in 10 would be cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've had quite a decent amount of fun with Chocobo Racing to be honest.

It's not engaging or whatever and it's mechanically flimsy as gently caress, but it's alright as something to do while watching netflix or whatever. Better than idling in Idyllshire or mooching in Mor Dhona.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

TBH Verminion is fine too and I'm glad it exists even if it got strangled in the crib by the lack of any kind of decent matchmaking for it early on.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also the fact that an RTS-ish sort of game is exactly what people weren't looking for in pokemon pet battles.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
If it was FFT with minions, I'd be in there playing it every week.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I didn't want to say Blitzball, but yeah I'll be happy if they add Blitzball in 4.1

Not until Return to Zanarkand.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lizard Wizard posted:

Not until Return to Zanarkand.

I think in 5.0 we'll be on the moon and FFIV is gonna get its shot. This patch is like 50% Japan and 50% water. Now's the time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
We'll get Blitzball, but X-2 team manager Blitzball.

• Locked thread