Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hitler was bad but not "haha, we are going to kill the whole
Planet" bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Robo Reagan posted:

the important takeaway is that bernie never had a chance at winning

True, the main two parties suck poo poo and would have had him killed if they couldn't bury him in their own parties like the dems did. Kill the nobles.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

PathAsc posted:

True, the main two parties suck poo poo and would have had him killed if they couldn't bury him in their own parties like the dems did. Kill the nobles.

Gary would've won :q:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My dick, studied like chernobyl

Your dick, guillotine like a noble

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

quote:

The conservative Republican, who represents a district in southern Michigan, says he isn't worried about climate change because if it is happening, a higher power than Trump will take care of it, USA Today reports. "I believe there's been climate change since the beginning of time. I believe there are cycles," he told constituents at a town hall meeting in Coldwater days before Trump's announcement. "Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No," he said, per the HuffPost.

"Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us," the 65-year-old lawmaker continued. "And I'm confident that, if there's a real problem, he can take care of it." Walberg also joked that it would be helpful if climate change did something about the cold in Michigan and the humidity in Washington, DC.

heh

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My dick, charm belly dancers

Your dick, cause ovarian cancer

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Death to America

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CNN: still tarded

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CNN is poo poo but tbf the first and third ones are op-eds

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

PathAsc posted:

CNN: still tarded

CNN is not technically wrong, in the sense that actually taking the leave could probably get you fired in some states since the labor situation is so disastrous.

The problem is that CNN is full of blatantly partisan, craven hacks who are only saying the last thing because of whose budget it is.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

CNN is poo poo but tbf the first and third ones are op-eds

Opinions their editors chose to publish

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tallgeese posted:

The problem is that CNN is full of blatantly partisan, craven hacks .

Unlike the following:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Tei posted:

Hitler was bad but not "haha, we are going to kill the whole
Planet" bad.

The planet's been scheduled to +2° for a good while now.

Trump leaving the Paris accord is like a shipwreck victim leaving the other leaky-lifeboat occupants to go swimming after a mirage. Dumb and rushed, but odds of rescue are the same.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 2, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Robo Reagan posted:

lol earth's hosed

yeah well what can i say china is still doing the totally-not-using-coal-in-the-future thing so maybe not?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Toadvine posted:

My biggest fear is that we will trigger some feedback loop that end killing all life in Earth.

Also, probably theres a point of no return where nations instead of fighting the causes of the change, have to put money in fighting the effects.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

Trump leaving the Paris accord is like a shipwreck victim leaving the other leaky-lifeboat occupants to go swimming after a mirage. Dumb and rushed, but odds of rescue are the same.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Tei posted:

My biggest fear is that we will trigger some feedback loop that end killing all life in Earth.

Also, probably theres a point of no return where nations instead of fighting the causes of the change, have to put money in fighting the effects.

Pretty sure that point of no return (2° wise) was a few years ago. Every new fossil fuel reserve opened since then is a kick in the teeth.

Once the effects are apparent enough we'll hopefully see a decarbonization push.

I shudder to say it but politicians and tree huggers won't save us, engineers are our only hope.

We could have all these things yesterday! if it was a profitable course of action for the corporations controlling our governments!

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 2, 2017

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Toadvine posted:

Trump leaving the Paris accord is more like some one who has been marooned on a desert island by a bunch of ungrateful parasitic malcontents in a leaky tug boat. He whips out his satellite phone and calls for his private yacht to come pick him up. Then he does a couple victory laps around the parasites while they cannibalize each other and capsize.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Pretty sure that point of no return (2° wise) was a few years ago. Every new fossil fuel reserve since then is a kick in the teeth.

Once the effects are apparent enough we'll hopefully see a decarbonization push.

I shudder to say it but politicians and tree huggers won't save us, engineers are our only hope.

We could have all these things yesterday! if it was a profitable course of action for the corporations controlling our governments!

Let me tell you about Trump's other wall

quote:

Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” “bullshit” and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.

The zoning application raises further questions about how the billionaire developer would confront a risk he has publicly minimized but that has been identified as a defining challenge of this era by world leaders, global industry and the American military. His public disavowal of climate science at the same time he moves to secure his own holdings against the effects of climate change also illustrates the conflict between his political rhetoric and the realities of running a business with seaside assets in the 21st century.

“It's diabolical," said former South Carolina Republican Rep. Bob Inglis, an advocate of conservative solutions to climate change. “Donald Trump is working to ensure his at-risk properties and his company is trying to figure out how to deal with sea level rise. Meanwhile, he’s saying things to audiences that he must know are not true. … You have a soft place in your heart for people who are honestly ignorant, but people who are deceitful, that’s a different thing.”

Neither Trump’s spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, nor Alan Garten, the general counsel of the Trump Organization, the umbrella company for Trump’s business ventures, responded to requests for comment.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Let me tell you about Trump's other wall

Hahaha damnit Don Walls

Thanks for sharing.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Toadvine posted:

Pretty sure that point of no return (2° wise) was a few years ago. Every new fossil fuel reserve opened since then is a kick in the teeth.

People don't like immigrants. Like, at all. The moment one of these southeast asia suffer a storm, get flooded and the water... just don't come back to the sea. We will see many million people going around the planet searching for a home. Imagine if in a few years we add 40 million immigrants to USA from south east asia, people that don't speak english, and that need to be feed and taken care.

It will be a very different society, and will probably turn violent or xenophobic. If that happens, engineers will be tasked to build weapons or tiny walls, not solutions.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

Or you could still have it now if your government started playing its regulating role of ahahhahahha who am I loving kidding, death to America

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It'll be South American refugees (already happening on the Venezuela-Columbia border) but yea, America's about to get a taste.

Any engineers reading this, get to work on carbon scrubbers!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
The interesting thing is that with this move Donald is effectively removing himself from the seat of leader of the world, leaving the place now free for whoever feels like taking it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The interesting thing is that with this move Donald is effectively removing himself from the seat of leader of the world, leaving the place now free for whoever feels like taking it.

good stuff

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

The captain should at least go down with the ship :colbert:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Ooh! Me! Me!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

I hope it's Putin. At least he wouldn't cry when Macron shakes his hand too hard

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/duffelblog/status/870279129517760512

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I hope it's Putin. At least he wouldn't cry when Macron shakes his hand too hard

hahaha jokes on you during putins first meet with macron recently macron told him off for all the bad things russia did like chechen gays and putin ended up whinging "fake news" at him pretty much

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/france-russia-an-improbable-reset-that-quickly-turned-sour-58127

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

<Fascist> America first!
<Neoliberal> American first!
<Fascist> Lets close doors and forget the rest of the world exist!
<Neoliberal> Hell, yea, lets clos... wait a minute. I have a factory in India and 5 in China!, my economic interest are there!.
<Fascist> America... wat?
<Neoliberal> If USA pull out and leave the interest of the world in other countries, it will hurt america economic interest!
<Fascist> Wat, the wat
<Neoliberal> USA needs raw materials, and own industries and have allied and poo poo. We can't abandon our interest. We have fight with blood and mountains of money to defend it!
<Fascist> waat? ... american... first?
<China> America first!
<Russia> America first!!
<Europe> loving morons
<Fascist> America first!
<Neoliberal> Nooooooooo oooooooooo......
<Fascist> AMERICA FIRST!!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

France owning Russia and America, what a world

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

Clean energy is becoming profitable and basically all trump does is continue to prove he's a poo poo businessman by leaving lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

https://twitter.com/duffelblog/status/870279129517760512

hahaha jokes on you during putins first meet with macron recently macron told him off for all the bad things russia did like chechen gays and putin ended up whinging "fake news" at him pretty much

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/france-russia-an-improbable-reset-that-quickly-turned-sour-58127

I said I want Putin as world leader because he's not a sissy like Trump; I don't see how that joke's on me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
at this point putin is basically king of the world because who the gently caress is there to get in his way now?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I said I want Putin as world leader because he's not a sissy like Trump; I don't see how that joke's on me.

well if he isn't a sissy he didn't do a very good job of demonstrating it in france

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

<Fascist> America first!
<Neoliberal> American first!
<Fascist> Lets close doors and forget the rest of the world exist!
<Neoliberal> Hell, yea, lets clos... wait a minute. I have a factory in India and 5 in China!, my economic interest are there!.
<Fascist> America... wat?
<Neoliberal> If USA pull out and leave the interest of the world in other countries, it will hurt america economic interest!
<Fascist> Wat, the wat
<Neoliberal> USA needs raw materials, and own industries and have allied and poo poo. We can't abandon our interest. We have fight with blood and mountains of money to defend it!
<Fascist> waat? ... american... first?
<China> America first!
<Russia> America first!!
<Europe> loving morons
<Fascist> America first!
<Neoliberal> Nooooooooo oooooooooo......
<Fascist> AMERICA FIRST!!

is this insulting the "fascist"? congrats on announcing your intention of being subservient to criminal governments like the house of saud. remember when everyone acted like america could never produce its own oil but when it hit over a 100 a gallon we became a net exporter? and could actually take a poo poo on scummy countries like that? oh well, guess being flooded with cheap chinese poo poo that poisons are children is more important.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
afeelgoodpoop you're poop must be your posting because its poo poo

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
hey guys im a leftists and think capitalism is retarded but if we don't start buying chinese concrete and shut down our own bougie factorys with its fat over paid workers we are going to get out competed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
jesus christ guys we could have avoided this entire ordeal if we just tweeted at trump at the right one

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/310941442828804096

• Locked thread