Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I was on the road during the live chat of the speech but did everyone pick up how many times he said european leaders needed to stop laughing at him during the speech?

"We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us anymore, and they won't be. They won't be."

Remember it won't be enough that other leaders are cordial to him. They must hold elaborate displays like the Saudis did in order for him to have his ego massaged enough. When ever Trump says "America" or "Us" replace it with "Trump" and that's all you need to do since he considers the country and everyone in it as ancillary to him not feeling like the pathetic tool he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Megyn Kelly is interviewing Putin right now

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/870636611696046080

Seems to be going well

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/870639349523677184
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/870639146179727362
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/870621325353791488
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/870592129864794112
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/870639425838960642

Biggest indication Trump is a Soviet Spy:
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/870635155903451136

and also a little baby:
https://twitter.com/intelwire/status/870625434496532480

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/870634935001923584

He even throws shade at Dems at the end there

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

How much weight various factors carried in Trump's decision:

• It was Obama's work (34%)
  • It says "Paris" agreement, and Paris is in France (18%)
  • "Macron treated me so unfairly. It really hurt!" (45%)
  • Everything else (3%)

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

ApeHawk posted:

Butt Stallion?

No, that's Mike Pence's horse

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Once again this sort of petty poo poo attitude of not getting respect for literally doing nothing and then doing anything they can to lash out accurately represents Republicans both in power and the voters. He's really the perfect avatar for them, it's too bad everyone else has to suffer.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 2, 2017

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I was on the road during the live chat of the speech but did everyone pick up how many times he said european leaders needed to stop laughing at him during the speech?

"We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us anymore, and they won't be. They won't be."

It clearly really bothers him. Drives him insane. People should stop chanting at demonstrations, and start laughing. At Trump specifically. Laugh and laugh at him until he has an aneurysm from the anger.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Or that Putin has a ton of experience dealing with thin skinned authoritarian wannabes and knows to avoid criticisn then.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

The middle class white conservative psyche in a nutshell.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Xombie posted:

The middle class white conservative psyche in a nutshell.

Yep exactly.

Frankly I think that European leaders really need to just stop interacting with Trump as much as they can and certainly should keep their clowning on him on the down low. The guy is so myopic that if they aren't actively disrespecting him by trying to treat him like an adult and not a huge child as he is accustomed then he probably won't be as interested in throwing a tantrum and loving things up. Sending him to Europe was the stupidest loving idea if McMaster was really behind that. He should have stopped it after the Saudi hug box and then allowed literally anyone else to go in his place, tell him how boring it would be, and then reassure him that everyone there thought he was totally super cool.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 2, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
If there's a silver lining to Trump being POTUS it's that he's gone from being on top of American society to the dirty, dirty bottom of the world stage. It's triggering his New Money persecution complex something fierce. He'll never be good enough for these people and it's driving him mad.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Radish posted:

When ever Trump says "America" or "Us" replace it with "Trump" and that's all you need to do since he considers the country and everyone in it as ancillary to him not feeling like the pathetic tool he is.

I am the state.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

This is such a dumb opinion piece. It's basically "republicans are right about everything and have the best ideas but somehow we managed to devolve into a racist fear mongering party but that totally isn't our fault".

Spend 30+ years complaining about made up welfare queens and surprise you're a party of racists

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Radish posted:

Yep exactly.

Frankly I think that European leaders really need to just stop interacting with Trump as much as they can and certainly should keep their clowning on him on the down low. The guy is so myopic that if they aren't actively disrespecting him by trying to treat him like an adult and not a huge child as he is accustomed then he probably won't be as interested in throwing a tantrum and loving things up. Sending him to Europe was the stupidest loving idea if McMaster was really behind that. He should have stopped it after the Saudi hug box and then allowed literally anyone else to go in his place, tell him how boring it would be, and then reassure him that everyone there thought he was totally super cool.

The only pleasure I feel any more comes when he gets triggered. I want to see how big his tantrums can get. There's a pretty good chance a lot of us are going to die this term anyway.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What if they are entertained while rolling coal?

Ok sure if you retreat into radical subjectivism that starts and ends with "people want things because they want them or they wouldn't want them" then any questions into human motivation are meaningless yes.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

EwokEntourage posted:

This is such a dumb opinion piece. It's basically "republicans are right about everything and have the best ideas but somehow we managed to devolve into a racist fear mongering party but that totally isn't our fault".

Spend 30+ years complaining about made up welfare queens and surprise you're a party of racists

I hate "I'm not one of those Republicans!" worse than the Deplorables.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Well, I'm ready for foreign tanks to roll down Queens Boulevard because I dunno who else is gonna stop this lovely country. It's sure not gonna be voters.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

EwokEntourage posted:

Pretty much.

The Republican Party establishment wanted the racist Democrats that ran away after the Civil Rights Act, etc., to vote for them. So they started hinting at racism and pursuing policies that were based on race hate but didn't openly say THIS IS JIM CROW AGAIN LOL. The main goal was the pursuit of policies that helped the super rich, but it turned out it was easy to get racists to vote against their own economic interests if you gave them racist policy goodies with a nudge-nudge, wink-wink "BUT I NEVER SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, YOU'RE THE REAL RACIST" approach.

The elephant in the room was that at some point somebody could openly promise what was only being hinted at, and get all those votes instead. People will always go for the guy that openly offers what they want instead of only hinting at it obliquely.

That somebody turned out to be Trump.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

EwokEntourage posted:

The entire Republican party licking Trump's taint and trying to explain how everything he's doing is in fact super smart and great should retroactively make everyone think back and realize maybe the stuff they said was good before was also in fact bad. Not that Trump is some kind of crazy outlier that somehow the party agrees with every time he does something stupid.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Well, I'm ready for foreign tanks to roll down Queens Boulevard because I dunno who else is gonna stop this lovely country. It's sure not gonna be voters.

Will trade booze for liberation.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Radish posted:

Yep exactly.

On the contrary, the more people who make fun of him and piece his bubble of imaginary awesomeness, the better.

It makes it more likely for him to lash out in dumb, hilarious ways that manage to embarrass even parts of his base, which is good for Democrats.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Radish posted:

The entire Republican party licking Trump's taint and trying to explain how everything he's doing is in fact super smart and great should retroactively make everyone think back and realize maybe the stuff they said was good before was also in fact bad. Not that Trump is some kind of crazy outlier that somehow the party agrees with every time he does something stupid.

The party establishment only dislikes Trump insofar as he's so loving stupid that it derails their efforts towards deregulation, corporate welfare, and tax cuts for the rich. They are either Actually Racist, or happy to hint at it for votes, which is a distinction without a difference really. He's an outlier insofar as he's too open about chasing race hate for votes for their tastes, and too dumb to put on a respectable face on loving everyone over.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

enraged_camel posted:

On the contrary, the more people who make fun of him and piece his bubble of imaginary awesomeness, the better.

It makes it more likely for him to lash out in dumb, hilarious ways that manage to embarrass even parts of his base, which is good for Democrats.

And, more importantly, make those kinds of self-incriminating mistakes that cause him to be all like "I colluded with Russia! Me! Because I'm smart!"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

enraged_camel posted:

The more he lashes out the more likely he is to do something really stupid. Think titling in games or something.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's time for another round of "What are those wacky Trump voters up to now??" This time: Female coal miners discuss climate change and Trump's exiting of the Paris Agreement.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/economy/female-coal-miners-trump-paris/index.html?sr=moneyAA-varorig-desktop

quote:

They are four female coal miners and they each voted for President Trump based on one issue: bringing coal jobs back to the U.S.

Gathering at a park in Gillette, Wyoming, the women said they still support the president but they are divided over his decision to pull out of the Paris Climate accord.

Stacey Moeller, a 58-year-old shovel operator, said she loves her job in the coal industry. But as an outdoor enthusiast, she worries about the environment and understands the industry cannot go on forever.
"I am not a climate change denier. I do believe we certainly have an impact. But I think we can lessen that in a responsible way that doesn't... put entire groups of people out of work," Moeller said.

Jodi Saunders, another shovel operator, acknowledged that "we have to go to you know the renewable sources, and I agree with that." But she said, "'I'm afraid that the panic will be...we have to cut the coal mines [and] we've already seen the layoffs."
Saunders, who is 51, said she does not want to see her own livelihood disappear and thinks America should be worrying about America first.
Yet, with only a couple hundred of coal jobs added to her area since Trump took office, Saunders acknowledged that the numbers are not as high as the president has promised.

The youngest of the group, a 33-year-old equipment operator named Fallon Hoverson, unequivocally believes climate change isn't real. She thinks staying in the Paris agreement would have kept Trump from keeping his promises to bring coal jobs back.
"I think that we need to focus on the United States and first and foremost in making us great again, so I agree that we should pull out," she said.
Though safety operator Lora Dilley is not certain what the impact of Trump's decision will be, she's unhappy with how this makes her industry - and Americans - look.

Having spent over 20 years building her career in a coal mine, the 55 year old believes a solution was possible for the U.S. to stay in the climate agreement and simultaneously support clean coal technology and cut carbon emissions.

"I wish he hadn't [pulled out] just because it makes us seem as though we're not in with the rest of the world in combating climate change. So the whole appearance of it isn't good," Dilley said with a sigh.
Saunders said she likes the president's tough stance because it may take the negative pressure off the coal industry. "You cannot blame one thing over the last 50 years for causing the climate change," she said.
It's a much more complicated matter for Moeller, who has a hard time reconciling her passion for her work and love for the environment at the same time. "This is our home, and for me that's what it was about : the protection of Wyoming."

Even Trump-voting coal miners show more support for renewables and the Paris Agreement than Trump does. Weee!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/870592129864794112

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

sean10mm posted:

The party establishment only dislikes Trump insofar as he's so loving stupid that it derails their efforts towards deregulation, corporate welfare, and tax cuts for the rich. They are either Actually Racist, or happy to hint at it for votes, which is a distinction without a difference really. He's an outlier insofar as he's too open about chasing race hate for votes for their tastes and too dumb to put on a respectable face on loving everyone over.

Yeah exactly. Their only problem with Trump is he's so stupid he doesn't know that you aren't supposed to say the actual goal out loud or that the "good" part of the deal (GREAT HEALTHCARE AND JOBS!) isn't actually real.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

And frankly I don't care if he starts global thermonuclear war on a whim.

We all have a limited amount of time on this planet anyway. Might as well go down in a blaze of glory, rather than rot away in some retirement home somewhere.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

enraged_camel posted:

And frankly I don't care if he starts global thermonuclear war on a whim.

We all have a limited amount of time on this planet anyway. Might as well go down in a blaze of glory, rather than rot away in some retirement home somewhere.

Oh, you win the cynicism award you big hard man you. In fact, I'd say you are nearly as much of a cynical tough guy as Trump himself. But not quite. Loser.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope they find out that Trump has multiple personalities and one of those is also leaking stuff to WAPO.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's time for another round of "What are those wacky Trump voters up to now??" This time: Female coal miners discuss climate change and Trump's exiting of the Paris Agreement.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/economy/female-coal-miners-trump-paris/index.html?sr=moneyAA-varorig-desktop

Even Trump-voting coal miners show more support for renewables and the Paris Agreement than Trump does. Weee!

Wait, wait...

The baby boomers believe in climate change but the millennial doesn't???

:psyduck:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

Oh, you win the cynicism award you big hard man you. In fact, I'd say you are nearly as much of a cynical tough guy as Trump himself. But not quite. Loser.

Don't tell me you haven't secretly fantasized about live-action roleplaying living the Fallout games.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

VitalSigns posted:

Ok sure if you retreat into radical subjectivism that starts and ends with "people want things because they want them or they wouldn't want them" then any questions into human motivation are meaningless yes.

The point I am making is that it's not some demented alien psychology that us good men could never understand why some people prioritize some things over the environment. We all do it sometimes. Being environmentally conscious is weighing when you do or don't, not some state you would never ever put your needs over the environment. And it's not useful to paint certain people as some spooky "other" thinking some way that we could never fathom.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIoBrob3bjI

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I'm still confused on how the Paris Climate Accords harms Pittsburgh's thriving healthcare and medical supplies industry, the driver of modern Pittsburgh's economy.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

enraged_camel posted:

The baby boomers believe in climate change but the millennial doesn't???

High school educated coal miner denies reality because the alternative is realizing she's hosed for life. They earnestly and fervently believe that the coal industry isn't dead, and that all the president has to do is sign some paper and boom they'll have all the jobs forever. She may even know down deep that none of it is true but when you have no alternatives, you believe what you have to so you can keep hope alive.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

Don't tell me you haven't secretly fantasized about live-action roleplaying living the Fallout games.

the Fallout games are incredibly loving bad and janky as hell though?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

enraged_camel posted:

Oh, yes, I have regular fantasies about being the burned corpse next to the chest of drawers containing a spoon and a stetson hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

nerox posted:

I could almost swear the risk board I had growing up said "The Ukraine" on it, but I can't find a picture online of it.

I have a board from the 80s. It says "Ukraine."

• Locked thread