Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Yeah basically this. The asexuals and 'multiples' of the world they already covered. I can understand if you didn't like the joke, but what I understand of Lemon's position on the topic is he feels these people are delegitimizing to the more mainstream LGBTQ label due to their frivolous treatment of the topic and coattail riding, and it's one I happen to agree with. It's unfair, since a lot of the hardcore tumblr crowd we speak of are either minors, mentally ill, or trolling, but it's still contributing to the "SJW" perception problem among the right and alt-right.

Transgender/gay/queer folk good, but co-opting their struggle for your own made up ones is not. There are a lot of grey area cases, but there's still a few clear cut ones like that one demonkin, otherkins especially mediakin, and so on. And I only wish good things for the gay and trans communities. :smith:

Yay, someone said it, and now the war on christmas is over! :toot:

Seriously though, nice rapsheet.

It's more of that it's fine when those jokes and criticisms come from within the community, but generally not cool when it comes from outside of them. I just now listened back to the episode to remember what joke it exactly was, and yeah while I'm sure Lemon meant well with it, it can definitely rub a some people the wrong way. Saying "well that's a problem with you" is kind of weird and bad, was my point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

It's more of that it's fine when those jokes and criticisms come from within the community, but generally not cool when it comes from outside of them. I just now listened back to the episode to remember what joke it exactly was, and yeah while I'm sure Lemon meant well with it, it can definitely rub a some people the wrong way. Saying "well that's a problem with you" is kind of weird and bad, was my point.

Fair enough. If you say "I'm offended", I can't say "No, you aren't." but I can still say "He probably meant well.". :shrug:
Also I think there's more than one LGBT person on the podcast.

And yeah. For others who don't want to relisten to that one, the exchange went something like-
"It takes a unique kind of narcissism to go "Jerk off while dying and have me as your last thought.""
"Tumblr, not everything is okay. This is not okay. This kink is not okay. I'm kinksharming you for liking this. And if anyone disagrees I'll call them by their birth pronoun."
Paraphrased, of course.
There's probably a better joke in there, but the context seems clear to me. He's taking a potshot at tumblr fringe culture and not Trans culture at large.
The podcast has taken shots at said tumblr fringe, but has been supportive of trans people too. (See: Their distaste for that one gross guy from the satanism episode.)
I don't see why Lemon would suddenly switch stances on the topic, even if he's been known to do affectations for comedy value. :shrug:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I agree with you and I want you to shut up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Also I think there's more than one LGBT person on the podcast.

I don't really like this topic either, but it's probably less painfully trodden, so: I'm not super sure on this one. I'm not keeping track, but I think the only person on the podcast who's said they're anything but straight is Acier, who's 'on the bell curve' of the Kinsey scale. Widening the net to include guests and ancillaries both Amelia Blank and I are trans, but the core group doesn't have much. Of course, it doesn't exactly come up or matter.

...Well, except Portaxx, who as you all recall 'has [...] a clown fetish' and '[...] is [...] a furry'.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think Acier's bell curve was in reference to penis size, which Alfred Kinsey also studied.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No turn left Dale, left!!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I think we all agree that it was a poorly phrased joke that could be easily misconstrued, and also that saying so is not an indictment of the FPlus or Lemon, which are both generally agreeable.

To get back to a much better conversation about showing the podcast to someone new, I really like Loki Wives as introduction if you're not sure if they'll appreciate weird fetish stuff, and F-List if you're sure they will. The compilation episode is (as intended) a great jumping off point too.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 2, 2017

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I think Acier's bell curve was in reference to penis size, which Alfred Kinsey also studied.

Yeah, I'm not familiar with his studies on penis size, but the sexuality spectrum is not exactly a bell curve. Pretty sure Boots is bisexual, though.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 2, 2017

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

hoobajoo posted:

To get back to a much better conversation about showing the podcast to someone new, I really like Loki Wives as introduction if you're not sure if they'll appreciate weird fetish stuff, and F-List if you're sure they will. The compilation episode is (as intended) a great jumping off point too.

Loki Wives was my first episode and it was a great introduction to the show, especially when immediately followed up by the Gospel of Jimmy Olsen.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It must be really weird to have strangers on the internet speculate about your sexuality.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Yeah, I'm not familiar with his studies on penis size, but the sexuality spectrum is not exactly a bell curve. Pretty sure Boots is bisexual, though.

Bunnybread got my chakras pregnant. :smith:

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

So, for the record, Boots and Acier are both happily married dudely dudes. I mean, I don't know how many points we take off of their straight quotient for being Canadian but they're pretty drat hetero.

They've both professed their admiration for my handsome self.
But, really, that doesn't make them gay.
It just makes them not-blind.

And I have multiple illegitimate kids running around but them Chakras ain't getting any money from me until I hear how deep the Chakra babies' voices are.

Fool me once, shame on you, etc.

Bunnybread fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 2, 2017

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Pretty sure Boots is bisexual, though.
Everyone knows that Boots is ballsexual.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

It must be really weird to have strangers on the internet speculate about your sexuality.

And if you want to speculate on the sexuality of strangers on the Internet, come on down to BAAAALPIT!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Complaints!

Oh god this one has the most insufferable person.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 2, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Complaints!

Dude those are your posts from five pages ago.

(I kid.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my god this episode is all time.

What the gently caress did they do to the Scrabble app?!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 2, 2017

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh my god this episode is all time.

What the gently caress did they do to the Scrabble app?!
my guess is changed it so whales would spend money on it, like every other mobile game, probably involved changing something about scrabble's game board, which obviously made people VERY ANGRY

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A Meat posted:

my guess is changed it so whales would spend money on it, like every other mobile game, probably involved changing something about scrabble's game board, which obviously made people VERY ANGRY

A tile gachapon would be amazing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'M THOMAS BARTON J.D. GOOGLE BUYS YOUTUBE FOR 1.65 BILLION DOLLARS NOVEMBER 2006 A NEW START 10 THINGS GOOGLE KNOWS TO BE TRUE #1 FOCUS ON THE USER #2 IT'S BEST TO BE TAUGHT TO DO 1 THING REALLY, REALLY WELL

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'M THOMAS BARTON J.D. GOOGLE BUYS YOUTUBE FOR 1.65 BILLION DOLLARS NOVEMBER 2006 A NEW START 10 THINGS GOOGLE KNOWS TO BE TRUE #1 FOCUS ON THE USER #2 IT'S BEST TO BE TAUGHT TO DO 1 THING REALLY, REALLY WELL

Any doc with paragraphs of caps lock crazy really needs Kumquat for the full effect

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I actually think Bozarth does a great job with crazy person rants.

cobalt2009
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, Bozarth killed in this one. In that one segment he started out as Paula Deen and wound up as Alex Jones and didn't miss a beat the whole way through.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hi, I'm a Big Trans, please show me your doll genitals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cleretic posted:

I don't really like this topic either, but it's probably less painfully trodden, so: I'm not super sure on this one. I'm not keeping track, but I think the only person on the podcast who's said they're anything but straight is Acier, who's 'on the bell curve' of the Kinsey scale. Widening the net to include guests and ancillaries both Amelia Blank and I are trans, but the core group doesn't have much. Of course, it doesn't exactly come up or matter.

...Well, except Portaxx, who as you all recall 'has [...] a clown fetish' and '[...] is [...] a furry'.

Amelia Blank is a wonderful human being, and even forgave me for almost ruining Lemon's Extra Credit appearance by showing up blind drunk and making about 1000 completely unfunny jokes about The Iliad. In my defense, however, there wasn't a doc ready so we were all doing random searches on Clips4Sale and I tried to find Greco-Roman themed clips.

There weren't any, which was shocking.

cobalt2009 posted:

Yeah, Bozarth killed in this one. In that one segment he started out as Paula Deen and wound up as Alex Jones and didn't miss a beat the whole way through.

I recorded an episode with Adam, and his professionalism is both amazing and intimidating.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 3, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Complaints!

these types will always be the best f plus stuff for me. No creepy grossness, no horrible monster people, just a bucket of absolute morons screaming "WHY DID GOOGLE CHANGE THE BANNER!!!!!" into a hole in the woods.

Also

"Surprisingly this site has no ads...wait no I have ad block on...OH NO OH NO"

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
What was the episode with MY LIFE IS poo poo BECAUSE I HAVE SUCH A HUGE HEAD!!!!!!! It's one of my favourite readings

cobalt2009
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

If I recall, at the last FPlus Live Montrith got everyone to admit they have a clown fetish (fetis???)

I recorded an episode with Adam, and his professionalism is both amazing and intimidating.
[/quote]

I've talked to him once or twice on twitter and he seems like a cool dude.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

putrid aidsman posted:

What was the episode with MY LIFE IS poo poo BECAUSE I HAVE SUCH A HUGE HEAD!!!!!!! It's one of my favourite readings

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

cobalt2009 posted:

I didn't think he could beat his reptilian astral sex rant ("like if Yosemite Sam were in the Manson family"), but here we are.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cobalt2009 posted:

I've talked to him once or twice on twitter and he seems like a cool dude.

He's a cool dude socially but once the recording starts he just steamrolls over all of us amateurs, draining every last drop of humor out the material he's given. During the recording session for the Yelp reviews episode of Extra Credit I was frequently lost for words because Adam was killing it to extent I couldn't focus on the material.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
get the box outta here! get it aaauuuuwwwwwttt!!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
LINDA

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Linda and Gary, the F Plus power couple.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So, what's the least coherent or intelligible statement that the Fplus has covered so far?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Something from Kadir-Buxton probably, I'd say his Method for curing psych issues.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

So, what's the least coherent or intelligible statement that the Fplus has covered so far?

Ghost buttsex opener with starphemles and other dandy "words" is memorable imo.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
I REALLY WISH GIA AND CLARE HAD BECAME TANNER
HONEY B FINE

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The invention "Rocks dislocation by hydrosonic effect,plant"constitutes a superior solution of the problem of rocks dislocation with high and very high hardness,realizing high rate of advance in parallel with some diminished energetical consumptions,acquirement.

Then when the conic part 36 is replaced with a convergent nozzle,the plant can be used like an unblocking plant for bins,using high pressure and power hydraulic jets at a reduced fluid discharge for the unblocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Time cube.