Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Huh, the episode is already out? Where are you guys watching it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, episodes are released Wednesday mornings, then I just, uh, Find DMC333's fansubs when he says he's finished at the NAC discord.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Huh, I totally missed that episodes were out on Wednesday. Did it change from the Arc V days or is my memory just really poo poo?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hopeford posted:

Huh, I totally missed that episodes were out on Wednesday. Did it change from the Arc V days or is my memory just really poo poo?

It changed. Yugioh has been on Sunday for years but for some reason they shifted the timeslots this time.

It might have something to do with the months long delay between Arc-V's ending and VRAINS' debut.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Oooh I see, thanks. I was just like "Wait how is everyone watching this episode that isn't out for--nevermind, I'm an idiot." Watching it now.

EDIT: Next episode will be settled in HELL. IN. A. CELL.

Hopeford fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 25, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

It changed. Yugioh has been on Sunday for years but for some reason they shifted the timeslots this time.

It might have something to do with the months long delay between Arc-V's ending and VRAINS' debut.

Nah, the change was confirmed even before the month-delay and they had a 4 (5?) week live action variety show holding that timeslot until VRAINS started. It's also the same timeslot DM-5D's used to have, and now it's an extra juicy slot since it comes right after Boruto, so that's strong viewerships.

However, i'm not one to debunk a conspiracy and leave it at that; Arc-V has gone over a month now without real updates in Crunchyroll. It's supposed to be 5 episodes for 3 Tuesdays a month, but now its been 5 weeks and only 1 episode has been added (112). Maybe NAS/Shueisha/Konami want to bury the show forever? maybe they aren't sending Crunchy any copies of the episodes to sub? could be that Crunchy is too busy doing work on a VRAINS simulcast and also handling licenses to get it going? maybe everyone in Crunchyroll refused to keep subbing Arc-V? the answer is likely less interesting than any of that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, the change was confirmed even before the month-delay and they had a 4 (5?) week live action variety show holding that timeslot until VRAINS started. It's also the same timeslot DM-5D's used to have, and now it's an extra juicy slot since it comes right after Boruto, so that's strong viewerships.

However, i'm not one to debunk a conspiracy and leave it at that; Arc-V has gone over a month now without real updates in Crunchyroll. It's supposed to be 5 episodes for 3 Tuesdays a month, but now its been 5 weeks and only 1 episode has been added (112). Maybe NAS/Shueisha/Konami want to bury the show forever? maybe they aren't sending Crunchy any copies of the episodes to sub? could be that Crunchy is too busy doing work on a VRAINS simulcast and also handling licenses to get it going? maybe everyone in Crunchyroll refused to keep subbing Arc-V? the answer is likely less interesting than any of that.

Well fansubs do exist for the entire series if you're desperate, but otherwise no idea. As for VRAINS, while it had kind of a weird start this series is picking up steam pretty quickly. Looking forward to professional wrestling with card games next time around.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Would be nice if we got a full series over here in some form that isn't ZEXAL. Then again maybe not Arc-V.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Larryb posted:

Well fansubs do exist for the entire series if you're desperate, but otherwise no idea. As for VRAINS, while it had kind of a weird start this series is picking up steam pretty quickly. Looking forward to professional wrestling with card games next time around.

Oh yeah, i've seen all of Arc-V already, Yugioh owns my loving soul, but it is odd because Arc V got a pretty solid release of 15 episodes a month for almost a year and recently it petered out really hard. It's also worth going to social media and bringing up wanting an official simulcast to 4Kmedia and Crunchyroll, peeps in the know seem to be implying that it's Basically A Done Deal but Issues are in the way of letting it actually happen.

Everything about Go is perfection. His cardboard title belt, his one-sided feud because Playmaker is more popular, his VR Login Thing being his own wrestling ring, loving living in a storage room to train, it's all the best. I don't even know if I can handle rapid fire "It's Me Playmaker" followed by Hell In The Cell followed by his monsters bullying Yusaku's monsters in the ring. It's unreal. Extra unreal that it'll air on the same day as Lucha Underground's midseason premiere.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This show is so much better than the previous spinoffs of the franchise. Lots of plot happening and also comedy (like the AI trying to brainwash that cleaning robot to be his follower) and fun characters. Yay!

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
So guys, are you ready for the next episode?

No, thread, I SAID, ARE YOU REAAAADY?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why is the sight of children cheering for the protagonist so drat sad? Oh, probably because GO Onizuka is the one they should be cheering on. Because GO Onizuka is the true hero of Link VRAINS and he deserves better.

Go GO. You're cool, even if Entertainment Dueling is apparently considered lame now.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
They literally asked if Go was turning heel. And like, not asking if he was turning evil. They specifically said heel. This is beautiful.

Go is like, legit already better at being an entertainer than Yuya.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hopeford posted:

They literally asked if Go was turning heel. And like, not asking if he was turning evil. They specifically said heel. This is beautiful.

But not from face to heel. From "babyface" to heel. :allears:

That padding, though. Hey guys, did you know that Go is an entertainment duelist who puts himself at a disadvantage and comes back to excite the crowd!?!?

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Yeah the padding wasn't great. Episode wasn't perfect, but I'm willing to forgive a lot due to the wrestling references. I hope Go kicking out at 2.9 becomes a thing. Like, not just for the duel - for the entire series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Its the dumbest anime thing, but they brought a DM/GX scriptwriter for VRAINS and he wrote this and next week's episode. The problem? Since Gx 'till last year, all he has done is Naruto "King of Padding" Shippuden

The 2.9 count was dope and the opening scene were gorgeous tho.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Its the dumbest anime thing, but they brought a DM/GX scriptwriter for VRAINS and he wrote this and next week's episode. The problem? Since Gx 'till last year, all he has done is Naruto "King of Padding" Shippuden

The 2.9 count was dope and the opening scene were gorgeous tho.

I bet the guy was all
"AH AFTER TEN MILLION YEARS IM FREE"

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, VRAINS is up on Crunchyroll now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pyroi posted:

So, VRAINS is up on Crunchyroll now.

Not for Australia :argh:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AlphaKretin posted:

That's what happens when you live in Australia, the world doesn't make anything avaliable for you.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just started: Two Observations
1) I'm sort of hopelessly lost with the whole VR thing
2) That one girl who looked like Blair being offfed :v:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I just love how fair Declans deck is in Legacy of the Duelist. You know how he has a miriad of cards and effects that can clear the field, how he can fusion summon without polymerisation, how he can fusion summon from the graveyard using monsters that weren't banished despite being effect summons and how none of those things are balanced out by not being able to activate his battle phase. I know he's the top dog of year one but Konami just basically hates you with that DLC

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

AlphaKretin posted:

Not for Canada either! :argh:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Hopeford posted:

Not for Canada either! :argh:

Japan hates the Commonwealth confirmed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Testekill posted:

I just love how fair Declans deck is in Legacy of the Duelist. You know how he has a miriad of cards and effects that can clear the field, how he can fusion summon without polymerisation, how he can fusion summon from the graveyard using monsters that weren't banished despite being effect summons and how none of those things are balanced out by not being able to activate his battle phase. I know he's the top dog of year one but Konami just basically hates you with that DLC

That's because Declan won

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Testekill posted:

Wait, I can't actually distinguish between if you're just talking about D/D/D's doing their regular thing or if the AI has some kind of cheating superpower.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
GO owns

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Go is the best and im glad Yusaku realized he was in Heat Nirvana.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Wait, I can't actually distinguish between if you're just talking about D/D/D's doing their regular thing or if the AI has some kind of cheating superpower.

Both. D/D/D is a cool archetype but the AI cheats like a motherfucker in all Yugioh games. Besides the whole them drawing exactly what they need at any time thing, the AI peeks at your facedown cards so if you have four facedowns and they have only the one trap destruction card then they will pick the exact card that you needed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I watched a bit of Vrains and like

This is basically Digimon, isn't it?

This isn't a complaint. Not at all. Just.

It's very Digimon-y.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/RANK10YGO/status/874074131020599298

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, I was completely lost during that moment, I thought you had to have a monster in that extra space to special summon the rest, but then it kept going.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PowerBeard posted:

Yeah, I was completely lost during that moment, I thought you had to have a monster in that extra space to special summon the rest, but then it kept going.

Zones linked by link monsters (the little arrows) are also valid.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

VRAINS has been kind of not great so far, IMO.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Zexal vibes are really there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's not an amazing start, but I dig the chill-ness of it and pretty much all the characters.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I'm actually super into it. Enjoy how they are taking their time with things and not expecting us to just care about characters for no reason.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Haven't watched today's ep yet, but yeah, I'm really enjoying it. It's good that other characters get skills too (including Storm Access), not just the protagonist, so the anime cheating that happens in every series is distributed fairly and reasonably explained in-setting. Also, GO is bae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wonder how many IRL duels ended in someone getting punched in the face over the other player using Neo-Spacian Grand Mole. It's such an obnoxious piece of poo poo card that should have never made it past the design stage.