Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My tanking's been sidelined by a hardware problem. Or a video driver problem. Either way, my tanking's sidelined for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

the trump tutelage posted:

I just blew the goddamned LT-15 mission for the Stug by getting greedy. I followed an SPG into a ditch to kill it & break the 4000dmg mark but then couldn't manoeuvre out in time before a second SPG bodyslammed me. The second SPG was lining up a TD shot on me which coaxed me after the first one into the ditch but I should have just retreated and played it safe.

Shoulda played Brit, then you could shout "Tally ho!" on your way down

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Wow the M50/M53 is a joke. I have to do about 400dmg at tier 9 a minute to get 62k for the "real" gun. This thing does less damage than my M44 stock. Where do they come up with this poo poo.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I guess it's the same logic as the Skoda T50: make a really, really good tank miserable to grind by forcing you to use a lovely gun for several tens of thousand XP.

Hope you have free XP!

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

How are the two Russian TD lines branching from SU-100? Realized I had actually gone up to SU-100 (though hadn't bought it) back when playing WoT the last time some years back, as SU-85 then was way too fun, and might as well pick up those again when not in mood for the few British lines I'm grinding...

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Lunsku posted:

How are the two Russian TD lines branching from SU-100? Realized I had actually gone up to SU-100 (though hadn't bought it) back when playing WoT the last time some years back, as SU-85 then was way too fun, and might as well pick up those again when not in mood for the few British lines I'm grinding...

SU-152 is hilarious. The ISU will probably be hilarious (if I ever get there) and the OBJ 704 is also very good. Dunno about the tier 10...I think it's passable, but uninspiring. On the flip side the SU-100M1 can't aim down or to either side and catches fire a lot/losses the engine. No idea on the 101. Looks like it gets a bit of a doom cannon, but my guess is that it is a bitch to make it work. Looking at WR stats the 122-54 appears to be not very good as well, but the T10 the better of the two lines.

Edit: Conventional wisdom is go into the SU/ISU line keep the SU-100 (because it owns) and then eventually unlock the 100M1 and....play a different line because that thing is bad. Weirdly looking at VB the SU-152 has the worst WR of all tier 7 TDs and I find that massively surprising, but pubs going to pub.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 2, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
My only Soviet TD is the ISU-122S which is hilariously mercurial. Sometimes I will pen everything and have a monster game and sometimes I won't hit and/or pen a drat thing.

Either way, I actually like playing it even if it's a lovely platform casemate TD. Blapping fools for 400damage shots at Tier 7 is always enjoyable.

I think I'll play it until I get sixth sense and then go up the tech tree with that crew.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
The Su-100M1 is great, esp. when you're top tier. The armor bounces a lot and you can just go bully people with yer pew pew pew cannon.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
http://www.listeningpost.eu/2017/06/supertest-russian-stg-meduim-tank-pics.html

da komrade, is balance

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nice to see they're just reskinning the chrysler

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

So, how about that M6?

:getin:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Blaargh posted:

So, how about that M6?

:getin:

Wanna see a youtube upload of this replay.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I say that the T1 and M6 are good tanks. My friend liked the T1 but his M6 was cursed and he could not do well in it.

Then again, my first Kolobanov's medal was in the T1 heavy, so maybe it is the better tank tier for tier.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I'm really hating that RMB doesn't lock the turret now, and I don't want autoaim on RMB. Is there any way to get it back to how it was? Dunno why they force-changed a basic control like that :/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wasn't right click always auto-aim?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Autoaim is rebindable, turret locking doesn't seem to be.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Oh they are gonna patch it:

quote:

Hey guys!

In the second part of the next week we plan to have a micropatch for the 9.19 update: it will include a fix for the issue with inability to change the size of the chat window. It will also include rolled back turret rotation locking by RMB when changing the Auto-Aim button.

Thanks for your feedback which helped us to have these changes!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Oh they are gonna patch it:

Why would they change it in the first place?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Because they: 1. The code base is terrible and they didnt realize they changed it 2. WGing figured no one uses it so meh 3. Arbitrary WG reason

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Because they: 1. The code base is terrible and they didnt realize they changed it 2. WGing figured no one uses it so meh 3. Arbitrary WG reason

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Never gets old.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
amazing gif

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Tournament stats/bragging:

4700 gold won. 45 total battles. Records for each tier:

Tier 4: 7-2 (2nd)
Tier 5: 8-1 (1st)
Tier 6: 8-1 (1st)
Tier 7: 7-1-1 (2nd)
Tier 8: 8-0-1 (1st)

Total record: 38-5-2, for an 84.4% winrate. Not bad. Other stats:

Personal tanks played: Luchs, T67, Skoda T-25/Cromwell B, AMX 13 57/T29, AMX 50 100
Credits spent: about 800k (should have played more premium tanks)
Luchs best tank: yes
Premium tanks OP: yes
Chrysler GF: better than all
Bad calling from Hellsau: yes
Instances of Hellsau berating teammates: less than you'd think
Instances of Hellsau berating WGA tournament team and map designers: ∞
Goons being hosed by RNG: frequently
Pubbie complaints: many

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Tournament stats/bragging:

4700 gold won. 45 total battles. Records for each tier:

Tier 4: 7-2 (2nd)
Tier 5: 8-1 (1st)
Tier 6: 8-1 (1st)
Tier 7: 7-1-1 (2nd)
Tier 8: 8-0-1 (1st)

Total record: 38-5-2, for an 84.4% winrate. Not bad. Other stats:

Personal tanks played: Luchs, T67, Skoda T-25/Cromwell B, AMX 13 57/T29, AMX 50 100
Credits spent: about 800k (should have played more premium tanks)
Luchs best tank: yes
Premium tanks OP: yes
Chrysler GF: better than all
Bad calling from Hellsau: yes
Instances of Hellsau berating teammates: less than you'd think
Instances of Hellsau berating WGA tournament team and map designers: ∞
Goons being hosed by RNG: frequently
Pubbie complaints: many

Seal Club Six comes out on top. Also, the Chrysler is a beautiful thing

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

The flakbus is garbage and the Nashorn isn't much better.

The toaster is pretty drat good for a turretless TD; it has no armor and is huge, but it's pretty fast and has three viable gun choices, including [a version of] the long 88. You know, the Tiger's gun...at tier 5...on a vehicle that sees tier 3s.... :stare: The Nashorn's pretty good too, the long 88 is way more effective at tier 6 than the JP4's gun choices.

Nitramster posted:

whats the goons info these days? the private forum is archived and I haven't played in a while. Just decided to buy a month of premium and would like some of my old friends to platoon with :)

Are you NA or EU? I'm thinking the latter IIRC, but if it's the former there's still a sizeable portion of goons who play this game.

thylacine posted:

Wow the M50/M53 is a joke. I have to do about 400dmg at tier 9 a minute to get 62k for the "real" gun. This thing does less damage than my M44 stock. Where do they come up with this poo poo.

The M55 used to be the best high-tier SPG by a large margin.

McGavin posted:

Why would they change it in the first place?

You really have to ask?!?

Mesadoram posted:

Seal Club Six comes out on top. Also, the Chrysler is a beautiful thing

Aw, should've gone with "Seal Team Ricks" instead! :3:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Atomizer posted:

The M55 used to be the best high-tier SPG by a large margin.

Stock gun I believe. Sooooooo :suicide:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stock guns are usually garbage that are there to intice you into free XPing past them, but arti gets hit especially hard by a weak gun. At least you're not a stock gun ST-I!

Atomizer posted:

Aw, should've gone with "Seal Team Ricks" instead! :3:

Good news! I went with "WoT Ruins Goons" because obviously it's true and also because Goons Ruin Everything is over the 20 character limit for a team name. Why a 20 character limit? Dunno, they had no problem with longer team names until some time in 2016.

Seal Club Six is pretty good though.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://wotreplays.com/site/3626560#arctic_region-gunscuretanks-m12

haha holy poo poo arty snapshots / autoaim ftw

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Personally Skorps are my fav target playing arty. Dunno why. they just call to me to land a shell on them

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
^^^ Another thing that annoys me about the new arty missions is many of them require your team to shoot poo poo that you stun/track and so you are really discouraged from dunking the lovely squishy targets like skorps because you just kill them :sigh:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Darkrenown posted:

^^^ Another thing that annoys me about the new arty missions is many of them require your team to shoot poo poo that you stun/track and so you are really discouraged from dunking the lovely squishy targets like skorps because you just kill them :sigh:

Well, that's if you give a drat about the missions. I'll worry about exp and crew training before I'll worry about *rely on team to not suck to get some free poo poo*. Can't count how many times I track/disable someone and the team backs off to hide.
I end up focusing a lot on Jap heavies too. Way way too many battles where I'm the one doing the only damage to them.
And lights when I can just to shut down the other team's ability to spot

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 4, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I've managed two victories today :toot:

I'd rather not know how many losses

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I actually managed to finish the T28 missions yesterday but it was bad and took ages. Now I am on the next set of missions trying to finish all the medium ones for my 3rd crew member for the Swedish TDs.
Not sure which set is actually the easiest, but figured I'll work on MT ones while I grind xp on my WZ-120.

How active are goon platoons these days? I had a good time in one on friday.
If you see an SGLE player, that's me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

No idea what it is they did in 9.19, but my frame rate went up 33%

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wait, never mind, installed mods, back down to 27 fps.

Which loving mod drops my frame rate that hard? Or are there some known mods that cause that much of a drop in concert?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, never mind, installed mods, back down to 27 fps.

Which loving mod drops my frame rate that hard? Or are there some known mods that cause that much of a drop in concert?

XVM and fog remover probably.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

Personally Skorps are my fav target playing arty. Dunno why. they just call to me to land a shell on them

Premium sweedish td for me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Game-finishing shot.

Ooops.

/edit

dawwww :3:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 4, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Game-finishing shot.

Ooops.

/edit

dawwww :3:

Maybe you should quit playing cancer and then you wouldn't gently caress over your teammates. Seriously, this new arty is horseshit that makes arty previously look good. I'm tired of losing 3/4 or more of my hitpoints to some some lovely class while being on the move so that retarded heavies can now drive around in safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey you okay buddy