Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Also no more arguments about how to mount the razorback turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ilor posted:

Great. Cool illo. But how 'bout we just name him something not-retarded?

Sorry, bud - Arkhan Land is an awesome name.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Pendent posted:

The weapon arc they FAQ'd onto the Imperial Knights springs to mind very rapidly here. That sure was something special.

hey, our buddies in HH land get to keep enjoying that one

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Also no more arguments about how to mount the razorback turret.

Wait, there were arguments about this?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pendent posted:

The weapon arc they FAQ'd onto the Imperial Knights springs to mind very rapidly here. That sure was something special.

The trench run was cool and I will stand by that :colbert:

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Its a GW game there are weird arguments for breathing wrong at a table.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

ANAmal.net posted:

The article never uses the word "transport", but it clearly has access doors on the sides and rear, so I suspect it's their razorback. That said, the vindicator also has a rear door too, so that might not mean 100% that this is a transport, but it probably is. And considering the hilarious amount of guns strapped to the drat thing, I figure their embiggened predator will mount a loving baneblade turret with sponson thunderfires or something.

I kinda like this thing, but I hope it's some kind of exception. I'd prefer it if marines used mostly tracked tanks. Although I guess less people would buy bigmarhinos than those who'd just use their old normal sized rhinos

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, Limited Edition BRB. Any guesses on price yet?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zuul the Cat posted:

So, Limited Edition BRB. Any guesses on price yet?

? got a link

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

? got a link
Limited Edition Rulebook.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

? got a link

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/02/warhammer-40000-limited-editions-june2/

The Limited Edition of Warhammer 40,000 will be available exclusively from games-workshop.com tomorrow, alongside all our other pre-orders for the new edition. If you want one, don’t hang around, there are only 2,000 copies available worldwide.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Someone on dakka said it'd be 250 queenbucks but there's no way that's right.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So I just realized I want the pintle-mounted Minigun on the Repulsor just so I can put that on a Taurox to make something like this:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 2, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

jadebullet posted:

Wait, there were arguments about this?

A cupola.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Depending on the election next week that might only be $10

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Why wouldn't it? Sounds about in line taking into account GW's previous limited edition poo poo.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Art preview is up on the community site.

Glad to see art direction for the new edition includes a bit of "tell Alex Boyd to draw some weird stuff"

There's also a bunch of forgettable CGI stuff there.]

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The limited edition has exactly one thing I want that I can't get elsewhere.

A digest sized mini-rulebook.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On the campaign we are fighting over the system with the Red Circle around it.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

I laughed out loud when he got to the tiny bag of skulls

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm waiting to see this weirdo tank in person before I hate it completely. I do hope it's not the bigmar razorback you need a few of for mechanized armies though.
If it is the new Bigmar Razorback, that could be an issue. Things got so many drat guns it's going to cost Land Raider Points to deploy.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Best new art in the rulebook is a nice quiet piece of a Big Imperial Fist Apothecary dude euthinising a wounded mate while another dude flings a Chaos Marine off a cliff.

I dunno why, but the concept of a Big Marine wrestling dudes to death made me smirk.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

For_Great_Justice posted:

The Imperium being rear end backwards with technology was was of the more entertaining things I found. Losing that an any humanity marines will having now being a bunch of test tube warriors really dashes any interest I personally have for the Imperium.

For example one of those little things I liked was Salamanders got to check in an be with their old families post going marine. Now if they all go bigly who would they visit some dude in a mechanicus suit? No humanity.

I know this was meant as a knock on the idea, and the loss of that important human aspect is definitely a shame, but I'm sorry this is a hilarious idea.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

The Bee posted:

I know this was meant as a knock on the idea, and the loss of that important human aspect is definitely a shame, but I'm sorry this is a hilarious idea.

Guarenteed that's gonna be the core drama between new and old Marines. Primaris are explicitly secret weapons, kept on ice of the darkest days, loyal to himanity only out of indoctrination.

Fertile ground to explore, BL gets their best on the case.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

SteelMentor posted:

Guarenteed that's gonna be the core drama between new and old Marines. Primaris are explicitly secret weapons, kept on ice of the darkest days, loyal to himanity only out of indoctrination.

Well, yeah, but I doubt Black Library is going to have Papa Cawl awkwardly entertaining a bunch of Bigmanders for Sanguinala dinner.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MonsterEnvy posted:

On the campaign we are fighting over the system with the Red Circle around it.

KONOR 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Unfortunately, GW wrote out any interesting takes on the biglys by allowing them to be made out of humans like normal marines. Existing marines can even be upgraded into biglys.

A bunch of even more inhuman supermen could have given them a few interesting angles to pursue. GW didn't know where to stop.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Unfortunately, GW wrote out any interesting takes on the biglys by allowing then to be made out of humans like normal marines. Existing marines can even be upgraded into biglys.

A bunch of even more inhuman supermen could have given them a few interesting angles to pursue. GW didn't know where to stop.

Yeah, having them be just "people but with super marine serum in them" actually does them a disservice. Because making the regular Astartes have to confront these guys who are 100% inhuman would be way more interesting.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Heh

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Unfortunately, GW wrote out any interesting takes on the biglys by allowing them to be made out of humans like normal marines. Existing marines can even be upgraded into biglys.

There's still room for interesting takes since the majority of these dudes should be test-tube babies. Aaron Dembski-Bowden posts semi-regularly on Bolter & Chainsword, and he's doing a novel about the bigly marines reinforcing an existing chapter, and he clearly appreciates the possibilities of a cultural clash between the old and new guys.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I have been listening to the second game of the twitch stream and they were talking about the Landraider.

They were talking about its 2+ save and mentioned that it can get into cover and get a 1+ save. Here is hoping that 1+ saves are 100% legal now due to the rend stuff because man are Terminators going to be fun.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

bandaid.friend posted:

I kinda like this thing, but I hope it's some kind of exception. I'd prefer it if marines used mostly tracked tanks. Although I guess less people would buy bigmarhinos than those who'd just use their old normal sized rhinos

I think the hovering is a good way to differentiate bigly tanks from regular ones, and given that most of the army's motor pools seem to be based around one basic tank with a extra sprue attached to create the variants, I wouldn't be surprised.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The 7th edition one was, if I'm remembering right, $340, so 250 GBP might not be too far off.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

jadebullet posted:

So I have been listening to the second game of the twitch stream and they were talking about the Landraider.

They were talking about its 2+ save and mentioned that it can get into cover and get a 1+ save. Here is hoping that 1+ saves are 100% legal now due to the rend stuff because man are Terminators going to be fun.

1+ saves are legal but you still fail on a 1.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

1+ saves are legal but you still fail on a 1.

Yeah, that's how old 1+ saves in Fantasy worked. Still failing on a 1, but AP attacks count back from 1. So AP-1 still only brings you to 2+.

Terminators in cover will be a DICK to dig out :allears:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, that's how old 1+ saves in Fantasy worked. Still failing on a 1, but AP attacks count back from 1. So AP-1 still only brings you to 2+.

Terminators in cover will be a DICK to dig out :allears:

Could you theoretically go all the way to AP 0?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Bee posted:

Could you theoretically go all the way to AP 0?

I don't see why not.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

There's still room for interesting takes since the majority of these dudes should be test-tube babies. Aaron Dembski-Bowden posts semi-regularly on Bolter & Chainsword, and he's doing a novel about the bigly marines reinforcing an existing chapter, and he clearly appreciates the possibilities of a cultural clash between the old and new guys.

Yeah, I think they could have some good stuff come out of it, assuming they play their cards right. There is plenty of precedent for clones in 40K, and the people complaining about the fluff justification it are just being weenies. Now, the implication is holds for the existing SM range of models is a different story...

ANAmal.net posted:

The 7th edition one was, if I'm remembering right, $340, so 250 GBP might not be too far off.
Holy poo poo, are you serious? I was thinking that they just saw the USD price and assumed it was GBP. Not that $250 isn't insane, but $340 is absolutely bonkers.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

berzerkmonkey posted:

Holy poo poo, are you serious? I was thinking that they just saw the USD price and assumed it was GBP. Not that $250 isn't insane, but $340 is absolutely bonkers.

I mean...

ANAmal.net posted:

$340, and worth every penny. :colbert:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Damnit. My resolve is broken so I am going to be getting the boxed set so I can add the Primaris to my Wolves. Oh well, at least I like both sides and can add the DG to my Chaos.

Now I just need to figure out some sort of Norse aesthetic to apply to the flying guys. (The regular Bigmars are going to be Jotunn.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Confirmed my earlier thread questions watching the live game.

The corner of your tank has "eyes" that you can use for line of sight.

I assume this applies to feet and arms on humanoid models too.

• Locked thread