Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Goddam open the article right away with puppy death first thing

Don't worry, puppy didn't die.

Still depressing as hell article.

Sadly as long as we continue to elect Republicans and neoliberals nothing will ever be done to help these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
gently caress I hate Pruitts stupid grin even more than Mulvaney's gently caress face. I want to punch them both until my hand falls off.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
"Please keep your questions on topic"

Riiiiiiight.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Incredibly courageous running away from responsibilities.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Pruitt praising how brave Trump was for withdrawing from Paris agreement

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ya i'll bet trump "heard many voices" :rolleyes:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Leaving the PCA, according to the EPA Administrator, was "courageous."

:psypop:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
That article is weird, the great grandfather fell down a manhole cover and the mom has down syndrome. The kids don't have recognized disabilities. It's really weird to frame it as some way of life for the poor or something.

Like kathy hurt her shoulder making hoses and I can see trying to frame that as "optional" even though we have no idea if it is. But like, of the 4 generations on disability one of them isn't on disability and two of them seem really undeniably disabled. Like there is just one generation you could even possibly click your tongue and say "well the doctors said she was disabled but as a nobody I doubt it"

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jesus Christ, this is some next level dick sucking.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

axeil posted:

Rural poverty is a really big deal and it's pretty drat depressing. We should be doing more to help people, but I have no idea what the solution is. Coal mining isn't coming back and you can't turn all of Appalachia into tourist locations.

http://www.dsausa.org/

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Pruit avoids answering whether or not Trump believes climate change is real.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What's interesting is I think the tweet speaks for itself, period.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
"does POTUS believe in climate change?"

"well um, we focused on whether Paris was good or bad"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

"The president indicated that we would re-enter Paris or a new deal" :wtf:

"Once and for all, does the president believe climate change is real or a threat"

"MY TALKS WITH HIM HAVE BEEN ABOUT PARIS"

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Yes or no: does the president believe that climate change is real and a threat to the United States?"

"Ya know, that's interesting..."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I was thinking something like UBI but I'm not going to promote a party who unironically wishes I was dead.

You can want to help poor people and also not self-flagellate at the same time.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Kammat posted:

"Please keep your questions on topic"

Riiiiiiight.

for every "off-topic" question, they'll dump a vat of mercury into rivers :ohdear:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

It means the wave is weaker than we hope - but the EXTREME amount of attention the race is getting means that area Republicans understand that the race is important. I'd think a 2018 wave would be a few points higher than whatever Ossof's percentage is.

It means the wave AS OF JUNE 2017 is weaker than we hope. I want a world where Dems win by 30+ in West Virginia - I'd love an enormous wave. And I want Ossof to win, badly. But we're still young into this administration. Trump has been lucky to preside over 4.5% unemployment and no major catastrophes. No oil spills, no recessions, and he's still underwater. Atlantic hurricane season started yesterday. If inside the next 18 months we see UE go up to 6%, a Kushner indictment, and a Katrina level hurricane, we're not going to be concerned about how one dude's election went in a suburban Atlanta district.

Price ran UNOPPOSED in 2014 - this wasn't a district on our radar until recently, so the idea that it's the ultimate bellwether just because Trump unperformed the rest of the GOP here (but still won!) seems bizarre.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"The environment left actually didn't like Paris", proceeds to talk about something no one was saying.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
"even the environmentalist left doesn't like Paris!"

because it doesn't go far enough you miserable twat

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
lol they're hitting him again with the "does POTUS believe in climate change yes/no"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They're holding his feet to the fire about this "yes/no does Trump believe climate change is real" and he just keeps saying "Paris is bad" ffs

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Pruitt again refuses to answer a direct question if Trump believes climate change is a hoax.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

axeil posted:

Rural poverty is a really big deal and it's pretty drat depressing. We should be doing more to help people, but I have no idea what the solution is.

Of course not, your mind has closed off all possible solutions that would actually help people due to your banking brainwashing.

:ssh: The solution is UBI :ssh:

The DSA isn't going to kill you, you loving pussy. You're not important enough.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Pellisworth posted:

lol they're hitting him again with the "does POTUS believe in climate change yes/no"

HAHA, EVERY question is this... keep it up!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This slime just thanked fracking for reducing our emissions

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Pruitt just said fracking was how we are making the environment better.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Can we cut off a finger or toe every time one of these fucks say "clean coal"?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Paris is burning

I really hope this piece of poo poo isn't trying to make "environmentalist left" happen

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
The spin present in this room could turn a generator to power an average home for a year!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

"Since you can't have a spine and speak for your boss, can you even have a spine for yourself coward?"

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

this guy loving sucks

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm not a climate skeptic, I just think there are climate exaggerists out there

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Good loving job, NYT. You' think they'd get the hint after the first denier article.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"In some manner." gently caress off.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tear it all up guys, because we can't be 100% certain in science we now have to float away from the planet in zero G. Actually all of our constituent atoms will instantly become energy because one climate scientist in Bumfuck says it may not be as bad as the others.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

GO FOR THE THROAT JOHN gently caress YEAH

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
This Pruitt gently caress is a scary loving jackwagon to be running something like the EPA.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"You know, it sounds like you're denying global warming."

"Well, you see, TECHNOLOGY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Pellisworth posted:

I'm not a climate skeptic, I just think there are climate exaggerists out there

Lol, yeah the problem is people exaggerating climate change