Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah no I'll just go buy one just like how Mexico I'm gonna get a crunchwrap.

At least get some street tacos... smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lmao it's almost as good as vodka notes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Would hate to be 1500quidporsche right now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

I finally have a use for this video.

https://youtu.be/rZhxUrxc52Y

That. What the gently caress.

Reminds me of the time I was in Korea and a menu had poutine on it. Figured gently caress it I can give Korean poutine a try.

It was literally french fries covered in mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. It's like they saw a picture of poutine and just matched the loving colors.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Would hate to be 1500quidporsche right now.

My only regret is not figuring out how to monetize videos.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More like Nonda.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also I've enjoyed 1500quids videos for a while. I started watching then initially to see when his dumpster tires explode.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Also I've enjoyed 1500quids videos for a while. I started watching then initially to see when his dumpster tires explode.

link to that plz

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I should fix the shaking on the kart's front fairing so I can actually post watchable karting videos one of these days.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He can doxx himself. He's doing wine reviews or something now idk

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

He can doxx himself. He's doing wine reviews or something now idk

Dude. So. Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsUmmzaW_kw

1500quid, please keep making them. It's legit gold, and I'm not trying to troll.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the YT vlogger and the SA poster are the same guy?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the YT vlogger and the SA poster are the same guy?

No. We're completely different people.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Pouring a glass of foam. loving shameful.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Cool And Good news about a new retro-themed open-wheel series

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/supercars-launches-super5000-series-913473/

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

I should fix the shaking on the kart's front fairing so I can actually post watchable karting videos one of these days.

You mean it shakes more than a well fit front fairing? Can't you just do a radiator mount?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

So much yes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

That. What the gently caress.

Reminds me of the time I was in Korea and a menu had poutine on it. Figured gently caress it I can give Korean poutine a try.

It was literally french fries covered in mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. It's like they saw a picture of poutine and just matched the loving colors.

We passed a Texas Roadhouse or Cracker Barrel or some other insanely American chain when I was visiting my sister at Humphreys which sort of blew my mind. She said her husband tried it and everything was like if you explained American food to aliens. Literal interpretations of mashed potatoes and gravy where a single potato was beaten with a hammer and the drippings of a roast poured on it. Not bad but odd.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Also remember the Korean GP? That was a race that happened a few times definitely.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#megathurs

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Korea and India never had a GP what are you talking about?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cracker Barrel is insanely bad like the Korean GP

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Phwoar my Nando500 hat arrived :woop::toot:

The good one, not that flat brim lid

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Cracker Barrel is insanely bad like the Korean GP

One of my friends is all about stopping at Cracker Barrel when we are coming home from skiing. I don't get it, that place is insanely lovely. Then again, he was a Nico Rosberg fan so it makes sense

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Everyone knows Bob Evans is superior when it comes to unhealthy country food.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

inb4 it falls apart.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Minto Took posted:

Everyone knows Bob Evans is superior when it comes to unhealthy country food.

Bob Evans sells Chevrolets.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

inb4 it falls apart.

The brim just fell off. gently caress.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

https://www.bobevans.com

:confused:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Willliams held a 40th year anniversary at Silverstone and they rolled out a ton of old cars. A lot of key figures got around and a soon-to-be very famous picture taken.

Definitely click for big. Original is like 5000x5000 but looks like imgur has a cap??? I don't know. Anyway, left to right:

Massa - No idea - di Resta - Stroll - Plato (he raced for the short-lived Williams BTCC team) - Brundle - Claire - This guy is so loving familiar but I forgot his name - Mansell - Keke (lmao has he gotten even fatter?) - Hill (lmao has he gotten ever older?) - Nico - Coulthard - Maldonado (lmao has he gotten even balder?) - Chandhok - Wurz

Sir Frank's looking pretty rough. Patrick's permascowl seems to have loosened up a bit.

Also:

quote:

Williams Formula 1 Team celebrated its 40th anniversary at Silverstone today in front of 50,000 fans who witnessed historic machines grace the British Grand Prix venue.

And JA on F1 was there.

Founders Frank Williams and Patrick Head made an appearance at the event which commemorated Williams’ heritage with an exhibition of title-winning and currently-racing cars associated with the outfit.

The Renault-powered FW14B took to the track for the first time since 1992, along with the six-wheeled FW08B and the current 2017 FW40. The 1999 Le Mans 24 Hours-winning BMW V12 LMR was also run with Williams Heritage preparing and maintaining the machines.

“We couldn’t have [had] the day without Frank and Patrick here,” said said Deputy Team Principal Claire Williams.

“Frank has made it here. Now that he’s not coming to races, to have this is great for him. I don’t think he really realised – I think he totally underestimated what it’d be like.”

“He arrived just in time for us to do the photo, so to come out and have that was really special, I don’t think I’ll ever forget it.”

A group photo with founders Frank Williams, Patrick Head and other notable personalities, and ex-racers such as Karun Chandok, David Coulthard and Jason Plato punctuated the day as they posed in front of the current Williams F1 challenger, the 1979 FW07 and the FW14B.

“I’m buzzing, it’s been a brilliant day,” she continued.

“It’s been fantastic to do this but the highlight for me has been the fans. To have 50,000 people here to come and share our 40th anniversary, I couldn’t be prouder.

“The guys have worked so hard: the Heritage team and our marketing team. To put this on is no mean feat.

“Obviously we wanted to put on the best show that we could but these cars, as much they’re there and they look great as you guys all know, there’s a lot of work that goes on to keep these cars running; they’re temperamental beasts.

“Particularly the ’14B, we wanted to get that out – it hasn’t run since 1992.”

Channel 4 broadcaster and racing driver Chandok took the wheel of the FW40 and the FW14B while current driver Felipe Massa drove the six-wheeled FW08B for a few laps, describing it as, “a really nice feeling.

“When you’re driving you don’t really think you have six wheels on the floor. It was nice, it has good grip and even the gearbox felt easier than I expected.

“When I was driving it I thought it would understeer; that was just on the first lap because the tyres were cold.”

When asked which Williams car he wanted to drive overall, Massa replied, “The famous ‘Red Five’ [FW14B]. I think that car would be amazing to drive.”

1992 champion Nigel Mansell, who raced for Williams from 1985-1994 (switching to Ferrari for the 1989 and 1990 seasons), attended along with 1982 drivers’ champion Keke Rosberg and 2016 champion Nico with a selection of the cars they comandeered present as well.

Mansell’s Honda and Renault-powered Williams were nicknamed ‘Red Five’ due to his choice of a more ostentatiously coloured number.

“I think this event shows how important the team is. It shows how important Williams is for Formula 1, for the sport,” continued Massa.

“Williams has had more Brazilians racing, driving than all of the other teams, so for Brazilians Williams is very important and I’m proud to be part of this history.”

Massa’s Canadian team-mate Lance Stroll added, “I didn’t drive any, but looking at [the cars] you really feel the history and the passion,” who is set for his debut home race on June 9.

When asked about his favourite Williams car he replied, “It’s the 2003 Montoya [FW25]car.

“That was my time, before that I wasn’t born. All the 1992 and ’96 ones, I wasn’t around, so I know they’re great cars but watching that one on TV growing up was special.”

Looking forward to his home race at Montreal, he said, “I feel good. I think our car has been strong in the past, that’s good to know. Of course That doesn’t mean that will be the case this year but you need to be confident that it will be.

“I think the track looks great – I’ve never driven there before but I’ve definitely seen some on-boards. I know my way around even though I haven’t driven there.”

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/06/williams-marks-40th-anniversary-at-silverstone-with-historic-machiness-in-front-of-50000-spectators/

I'd like to genuinely think they didn't entrust Stroll with any of the heritage cars because he'd bin it hard. Kind of wish Montoya could have made it out and where's Thierry Boutsen?

Channel 4 being there no doubt means they've got a special filmed. Or, at least, I'm hoping they did.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh my god that's Patrese.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I saw a photo of Webber sitting in the 14B. I wonder why he's not in the photo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Mork Wibbah

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The good Rosberg and the great Rosberg in one photo. Might have to print this one out and frame it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Food looks good but not one within 100 miles of Boston

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The good Rosberg and the great Rosberg in one photo. Might have to print this one out and frame it.

Nico and Nico and who else?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

That's the photo for your Kart trailer

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

GramCracker posted:

quote:

Discover every vibrant aspect of your personality with Colorstrology, a fascinating blend of astrology, numerology, and colour theory that offers exciting new insights about our lives and relationships.

:chloe:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Wirth1000 posted:

Willliams held a 40th year anniversary at Silverstone and they rolled out a ton of old cars.

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

• Locked thread