Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Ibuki with limit on her knives in Street Fighter V was horrible. Why expand on that to other characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Actually SF5 ibuki is cool and fun as hell.

But I think giving chris ammo is dumb

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris in general is dumb and he should have been replaced with Leon, who has a remake coming out and would have been cooler with poo poo like a grappling hook, Red9, weird grenades, and suplexes. You could also get rid of Spencer if Leon gets his hook, too.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I have never been so apathetic about a new fighting game. Oh well, back to sucking at BlazBlue!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
The twist: Chris' gun has unlimited ammo. However he has a limited supply of bullets to throw at the opponent to level up his next gunshot.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

dhamster posted:

The twist: Chris' gun has unlimited ammo. However he has a limited supply of bullets to throw at the opponent to level up his next gunshot.

Sounds like a real joker's trick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since Capcom just decided that Evil Ryu and Violent Ken were good enough excuses to sell another version of SF2, it was good enough excuse for me to write this list of the 20 best altered fighting game characters.

I miss God Rugal so much, you guys.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want Chris to have to scrounge for ammo during the match like Phoenix Wright had to look for evidence in UMVC3.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gavok posted:

Since Capcom just decided that Evil Ryu and Violent Ken were good enough excuses to sell another version of SF2, it was good enough excuse for me to write this list of the 20 best altered fighting game characters.

What kind of terrible list doesn't include Evil Dan? For shame!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1io5aks1M

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cis Lord posted:

How do you guys know the returning characters are losing moves in MxC?

ryce already confirmed hes missing some gun and grenade moves awhile back
it would line up w the punch/kick control scheme as well

also the way chris's ammo meter works is that he gets 3 magnum shots and then has to reload to shoot it again. not sure if this means that magnum is even more powerful now or if he just sucks more

anyways you can reflect projectiles with pushblocking so it wouldn't be surprising if shooting the magnum was a suicide attack due to any competent player reaction pushblocking it and killing you off the reflected hit b/c it lets them combo or something

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Rutibex posted:

What kind of terrible list doesn't include Evil Dan? For shame!

Dan isn't really enough of a threat to be "evil". How about Grumpy Dan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No Miss X?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Chris in general is dumb and he should have been replaced with Leon, who has a remake coming out and would have been cooler with poo poo like a grappling hook, Red9, weird grenades, and suplexes. You could also get rid of Spencer if Leon gets his hook, too.

Leon S. Kennedy is the Doc Holliday to Chris Redfield's Wyatt Earp, without the tuberculosis. The Tachibana Ukyo to Chris's Haohmaru, without the tuberculosis.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Didn't jibe with the rules I gave myself. Wasn't in the same game as regular Iori.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Dan isn't really enough of a threat to be "evil". How about Grumpy Dan.

Frustrated Dan
Disgruntled Dan
Bamboozled Dan

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Night Blade posted:

Frustrated Dan
Disgruntled Dan
Bamboozled Dan

Competent Dan

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a really good writeup on playing games you know you're going to lose at as a hobby https://medium.com/@pattheflip/learn-to-love-the-salt-d2b9c29b6a5e

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i never got into usf4 when it was out so i bought it on sale just to compare with sfv and its amazing how much more work went into every aspect of the game. the backgrounds of the stages alone tell the tale with so much more animation and character its unbelievable. the character diversity is also really good in the roster like the spent time thinking about how they'd all play instead of planning a single v trigger combo for each one and calling them done. i could do without the strict link windows for linking normals but whatever. i'm kinda bummed that i didn't get into fighters until like 2014 cause i totally would have played this when my 360 was just collecting dust for a few years.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Reiley posted:

Here's a really good writeup on playing games you know you're going to lose at as a hobby https://medium.com/@pattheflip/learn-to-love-the-salt-d2b9c29b6a5e

Then you have guys like LTG who let the salt flow through them so often and freely that it turns them into an rear end in a top hat and a literal salt mine of rage quit clips and ridiculous sound bites.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Gavok posted:

Good list. I think Hazama/Terumi deserve a mention, but that miiiiiiiiiight be pushing rule 2 a bit? I think they become fully separate entities in one of the later games? Blazblue's story is bullshit. I'm pretty sure they're the same dude at first, at least.

Also I forgot cyber-akuma was a thing and I'm glad you reminded me.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Zinkraptor posted:

Good list. I think Hazama/Terumi deserve a mention, but that miiiiiiiiiight be pushing rule 2 a bit? I think they become fully separate entities in one of the later games? Blazblue's story is bullshit. I'm pretty sure they're the same dude at first, at least.

Also I forgot cyber-akuma was a thing and I'm glad you reminded me.

Hazama/Terumi shared a body, IIRC. Hakumen and Jin are the same person, with Hakumen being from an alternate future or some poo poo. BlazBlue has a dumb story.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I went ahead and looked it up and after wading through the dense layers of made-up fantasy terminology and weird timeline stuff, it seems that "Hazama" when he was first playable was actually BOTH Hazama and Terumi (the characters), and then they got split up and Terumi became his own thing. Or, uh, Hazama became his own thing. The worst part is I actually remember this happening in the games now.

Noel and Tsubaki also both have alternate forms (Mu and Izayoi) but their designs are terrible and I hate them.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
The snk games are so fun on the switch but hell the joy cons are terrible on handheld mode. They should put out a fighting game left joy con with an amazing d pad. That would own.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Will tekken finally take the main slot at tournaments? Probably not, doubt many sf pros will ditch their income source.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Keegers posted:

Will tekken finally take the main slot at tournaments? Probably not, doubt many sf pros will ditch their income source.

Despite how bad Capcom games might get, most American tournaments will NEVER have something else as the main slot. The day EVO runs anything else as last game on Sunday is the day Mr.Wizard's enlarged heart blows up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

Despite how bad Capcom games might get, most American tournaments will NEVER have something else as the main slot. The day EVO runs anything else as last game on Sunday is the day Mr.Wizard's enlarged heart blows up.

EVO will be mained by Melee in 2019 book it

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Was there ever a competitive scene for Power Stone like there is for most of Capcom's 2D fighters? I loved it as a kid but never saw any competitive play.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's a good treatment for a standard Happ Competition convex button that's getting a little sticky?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Minidust posted:

What's a good treatment for a standard Happ Competition convex button that's getting a little sticky?

is it the switch or the plunger itself thats sticky

conversely, buy a new one for like $2 plus shipping

https://www.focusattack.com/suzo-happ-convex-competition-long-stem-pushbutton-white/

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Minidust posted:

put it in the trash. or a time machine

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is it the switch or the plunger itself thats sticky

conversely, buy a new one for like $2 plus shipping

https://www.focusattack.com/suzo-happ-convex-competition-long-stem-pushbutton-white/

Plunger! Thanks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm not old enough/have been playing for long enough to have seen the genre's heyday cause I'm literally a 16er, but I just wanted to leave a little shoutout to the fighting game Gods that it feels like a good time to be a fighting game player (unless you're a die hard street fighter fan). But in terms of everything else, locals have been getting higher turnout lately, Revelator owns, the two weird Korean ex-pats in my city who like KOF say KOF14 owns, Tekken's only been out for a day but people seem real happy with it and it's doing bigger numbers than SF5 on Steam, and Injustice 2 is keeping the casuals/superhero fans/SonicFox happy. It's cool having such a variety of good, recent-ish games that can all support a scene.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken 7 is awesome as poo poo. I wish it had the Xrd lobby system though. But the tournament mode is a nice touch

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Tekken 7 has apparently had the best launch of any fighting game on Steam, reaching a peak of 18,329 simultaneous players. For reference, SFV peaked at 13,807, and MKX at 13,649.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I started playing it yesterday and within 10m I was a little kid getting kicked in the face by my dad and then thrown off a cliff.

Our family also has extremely questionable hairstyling choices.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

More possible Marvel leaks?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It's shocking how well t7 runs on my 500 dollar laptop that's below minimum spec. On medium it never seems to go under 59 fps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gutcruncher posted:

It's shocking how well t7 runs on my 500 dollar laptop that's below minimum spec. On medium it never seems to go under 59 fps

Do you have more than integrated graphics?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I do, a gtx950 m. It's okay but certainly below minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

has asura listed, so its def fake