Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Life is Strange Then You Die
On Stranger Lives
Max & Chloe's Excellent Adventure
Death is Certain
The Butterfly Effect (oh wait...)
Life is Hella Weird

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1VLaYUxyQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dr. Strangelife, or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Camera

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxGdaK2mpM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Life. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate life since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for life at this micro-instant.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Strangest Thing About Life is that it's Normal that it's Strange.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok, who's gonna start the July chat thread because if no one else is, I'm gonna start it now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

precision posted:

Life. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate life since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for life at this micro-instant.

I Have No Life And I Must Strange

anime premiering winter 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some strange things about life?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

33 short films about strange life

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I don't remember Shadow Hearts looking like that

but really what game is that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why did those cats give that wolf that magic hat? :ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god that's a Petz game

I didn't know Petz games were anything more than virtual animal games

There's a loving wiki page and everything on that guy

http://petz.wikia.com/wiki/Ivlet

I didn't know this was somehow related to The Dog Island which is also a really weird game that exists for some reason and just

Wow

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Ivlet might be the most evil villian in the entire Petz series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Scaredy-Cat animation in the first video really gets me. Hubris and hamartia

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Life is Strange: and Then You Die

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh my god that's a Petz game

I didn't know Petz games were anything more than virtual animal games

I didn't know this was somehow related to The Dog Island which is also a really weird game that exists for some reason and just

Wow

yes. there's also a PETZ DOGS 2 version which is the same thing as catz 2 except all the characters are dogs (or dogz i guess)

e:

quote:

He is similar to Malefor, The Legend of Spyro antagonist, as they both trick the hero into going into their lair, and also being "pure-evil" and they have strong distorted voices, but the only difference is that one of them was once sealed away & the other was once locked in prison.
Ivlet's first purple-form is based off of the Power Rangers: Jungle Fury's purple wolf zord.

stunning trivia here

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
PETZ_DOGZ 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

now you must stay forever in the cat jail

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seriously why did they give him the hat, he was behind bars

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seriously why did they give him the hat, he was behind bars

They go meet him and he says I DONT BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MAGIC HAT and they decide to prove it by giving him the magic hat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/mad-max

$4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
instead of memes, you change lcd ads to image macros of dogs with unflattering facial expressions

corn in the bible posted:

They go meet him and he says I DONT BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MAGIC HAT and they decide to prove it by giving him the magic hat
on one hand i want to say you're full of poo poo but on the other hand i know the kinds of games you play

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The best final boss sequence is from Wonderful 101, but Kid Icarus Uprising and Elite Beat Agents are strong contenders

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

raditts posted:

I know saying anything bad about Earthbound is harem, but Giygas was a pretty dull battle imo.

:words:

It is probably one of the most memorable things that ever happened in video games for me, lol.

I got to the end late at night and figured I'd stretch it and try to beat it. I guessed I was supposed to use the "prayer" command but there's a point where it tells you it does nothing and I figured "Okay, now I have to beat him the regular way," so I tried and tried and kept getting slaughtered. For over an hour I tried and re-tried, and it was into the wee hours of the morning and I was starting to get loopy. I took a break. I was talking to an ex girlfriend over AIM at the time and things were kind of intense and on edge. We hadn't talked in two years and had just started sort of reconciling, I was dating another ex, which she was inexplicably really angry about, and my roommate and I were parting ways, mostly over how tired he was of me and my ex-girlfriend drama, which she was felt responsible for. Something was glitched on her AIM, unknown to me, that caused her to just repeat the same IM over and over again, erasing whatever she had actually written. So at like 3 AM, I got four messages, spaced about a minute apart that was just this (with my real name):

Bicyclops...
Bicyclops...
Bicyclops...
I'm so cold.

I was going through so much poo poo at the time and it was so late at night, I almost started to think that the game had gotten real, and there wasn't a prayer in the world that could save me.

:words:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

Neat, Superhot is in the latest Humble Monthly. I keep saying I'm going to cancel it next month, but every time they have at least one thing that's on my Steam wishlist.

I know saying anything bad about Earthbound is harem, but Giygas was a pretty dull battle imo.

you mean Haram you dummy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Harems are deffo not haram

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Please don't make an Earthbound harem, they're kids in that game

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think the reception can be drastically changed if you know the trick ahead of time or if you try to tackle it like a normal boss until making a desperation move. My case was the later and I think it was a great way to end the game.

Is the "trick" to pray? Because that's what I did, Porky practically spells it out for you.

corn in the bible posted:

you mean Haram you dummy

Do i, corn? Do I?

...yes, I do.

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 3, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please don't make an Earthbound harem, they're kids in that game

It's how they did it in It.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

raditts posted:

Giygas never really worked for me either. EarthBound in general is not a game I like a whole lot but Mother 3 basically is closer to the game I would want it to be anyways so oh well.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I thought the final battle of Mother 3 was pretty underwhelming, like I beat it and then I was expecting for the actual final dungeon to open up but instead the game just ended.

I think one of my personal favorite JRPG finales was Skies of Arcadia, Ramirez himself was just a lame Sephiroth wanna-be but the lead up to him was cool because the first real dungeon in the game is you fighting through ruins full of corroded, barely-functioning machines and then the final dungeon is you seeing them shiny and new at peak fighting capacity.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The final boss of Persona 5 felt like a real chump compared to the ones in 3 and 4; at the very least, the fight seemed substantially shorter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Say what you will about Kingdom Hearts, the final battle in two was amazingly nutso in the best possible way. Like, you fight an entire living city/spaceship with some shmup sequences to break up the final boss' zillion different forms/costume changes and then at the end you have to deflect ten thousand lasers to survive. It takes a half hour to play through even if you're fully prepared and you're basically breaking the controller by the end of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vocDalCY8c

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 3, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*nods*

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

I thought the final battle of Mother 3 was pretty underwhelming, like I beat it and then I was expecting for the actual final dungeon to open up but instead the game just ended.

I think one of my personal favorite JRPG finales was Skies of Arcadia, Ramirez himself was just a lame Sephiroth wanna-be but the lead up to him was cool because the first real dungeon in the game is you fighting through ruins full of corroded, barely-functioning machines and then the final dungeon is you seeing them shiny and new at peak fighting capacity.

ramirez is a better character than sephiroth

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

wizard on a water slide posted:

The final boss of Persona 5 felt like a real chump compared to the ones in 3 and 4; at the very least, the fight seemed substantially shorter.
It is but the way it's defeated is rad as hell.

I made a pun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey I dunno if this is kosher or not, hopefully it's okay but my fiancee is streaming a game and I thought maybe some people might wanna come chill and stuff, dunno.

https://smashcast.tv/firstaidkite

Streaming Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I liked Mother 3 a lot, and like it more having some space from it, but it felt more like it was trying to be intensely depressing, disturbing and weird from the get-go, whereas with Earthbound, it was always weird, but the disturbing and depressing stuff kind of sneaked up on you, which was made it so effective.

• Locked thread