Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The half time margin would not have been anywhere near five goals had the umpires not been in the tank for geelong. would have been a different game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
that loving 9. point quarter time lea.d.... insurmountable......... fuckign actual dksgrace

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

strap on revenge posted:

that loving 9. point quarter time lea.d.... insurmountable......... fuckign actual dksgrace

It's horrible isn't it. I hope there is a Royal Commission.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Geelong fans trying to pretend they didn't get the biggest ride of the year from the umpires itt

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think Adelaide will be ok in a hypothetical MCG final, where there's a lot more space to run and carry. Small/narrow grounds like KP and SCG clearly do not support their game style - they need space to run and don't use the ball well in close quarters. I can't remember seeing as many smothers in a game as I saw from Geelong tonight.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

snaeksikn posted:

Geelong should re-record their club song with a banjo

Real talk, all team songs should have a banjo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

Geelong fans trying to pretend they didn't get the biggest ride of the year from the umpires itt

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Despicable umpiring aside, Adelaide have a culture of failure and have failed nearly every major test like this in the last 20 years

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

racing identity posted:

I think Adelaide will be ok in a hypothetical MCG final, where there's a lot more space to run and carry. Small/narrow grounds like KP and SCG clearly do not support their game style - they need space to run and don't use the ball well in close quarters. I can't remember seeing as many smothers in a game as I saw from Geelong tonight.

I mean they also got shut down hard by us at AO. If you put physical pressure on Adelaide they can't deal

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I couldn't believe the numbers Geelong were able to get around the ball. Felt like we were half a step behind all night.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Haha still rationalising the dairy farm throat punching gently caress offfff

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

racing identity posted:

Despicable umpiring aside, Adelaide have a culture of failure and have failed nearly every major test like this in the last 20 years

Well 19 years ago was adelaide's last premiership soooo

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

snaeksikn posted:

Well 19 years ago was adelaide's last premiership soooo

Playing St Kilda in a grand final isn't a major test, so the theory stands up.

e: oh right they went back to back, my need to self deprecate took over. To be fair, it was against Norf.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Now lingy is justifying the Selwood ducking hahaha what

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bigis posted:

Now lingy is justifying the Selwood ducking hahaha what

Don't listen to Ling, easy.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The AFL is serious in its stand against punching. Don't you dare think otherwise or I'll punch you in the throat!*

*a jumper may, or may not, be involved.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

From the coach down they're an absolute pack of cunts. Since Bartel retired there isn't a likeable one amongst them and then you even have Mooney and Ling adding to their cuntness on commentary.

I still like Patty TBH

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

boy undead posted:

Playing St Kilda in a grand final isn't a major test, so the theory stands up.

e: oh right they went back to back, my need to self deprecate took over. To be fair, it was against Norf.

I think weve played some of the closest scoring grandfinals in general.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I cant help but feel everyone would hate Geelong less if Cameron Ling weren't commentating our matches

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

I cant help but feel everyone would hate Geelong less if Cameron Ling weren't commentating our matches

It's a decent start, but I think that's digging a trench in a mountain and hoping to hit ground water.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Also I just checked the match states - Selwood got 3 frees tonight, and two of them were for being whacked in the head running back with the flight. I assumed from the match thread he ducked his way into about 8 frees but it turns out it was nothing more than hysterics! Shocking!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The one where he got hit in the head running back with the flight was not even remotely a free kick, he ran into a guy making a legitimate marking contest and got a free for being courageous Joel Selwood, instead of giving one away to the man he infringed.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don't worry, Chris "Can't Help But Comment" Scott says Tom's punch was insignificant and only deserves a fine.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

The one where he got hit in the head running back with the flight was not even remotely a free kick, he ran into a guy making a legitimate marking contest and got a free for being courageous Joel Selwood, instead of giving one away to the man he infringed.

he got a fist/elbow to the head that gave him a huge gash dude

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I missed the game last night coz I was at a gig but this:

NTRabbit posted:

The umpiring absolutely, undeniably determined the outcome of this game, by steamrolling Geelong to an early lead and then intervening every time the Crows tried to start a run. loving disgraceful

Is a thing of beauty.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Also can I just say that Briggs is the best human being in Australia (behind Joel Selwood of course)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Don't worry, Chris "Can't Help But Comment" Scott says Tom's punch was insignificant and only deserves a fine.

Of course, he's a great bloke, like your Hodgey.

Shmoses posted:

I missed the game last night coz I was at a gig but this:

Is a thing of beauty.
So if Geelong had a significant number of frees compared to the Crows I might agree with old NTRabbit. However since it was line ball all night, even in Adelaide's favour there for a bit, I think that statement from NTR is a bit silly.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

So if Geelong had a significant number of frees compared to the Crows I might agree with old NTRabbit. However since it was line ball all night, even in Adelaide's favour there for a bit, I think that statement from NTR is a bit silly.

Adelaide were piss weak after quarter time and wouldn't have won regardless of umpires, but Geelong got a hideous rub of the green with decisions.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NTRabbit posted:

:vince:

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to put a coda on last night by stating that every game that my team loses is due to external factors, such as umpiring and biased commentary. It is never due to having a brittle and easily counterable game plan and a pigheaded coaching staff who refuse to develop or implement a plan b.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
None of the remaining games in the split round will give me the schadenfreude I need to turn this weekend around

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

racing identity posted:

I would like to put a coda on last night by stating that every game that my team loses is due to external factors, such as umpiring and biased commentary. It is never due to having a brittle and easily counterable game plan and a pigheaded coaching staff who refuse to develop or implement a plan b.

:agreed:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My team is very bad and when they eek out a win it is always an absolute fluke.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Do you actually enjoy the Scott brothers being involved in the media and endlessly commenting on MRP and umpiring issues? They often attempt to influence the MRP before sanctions are handed out on Monday and it is pretty annoying. I don't know why they are allowed to do it, nobody else seems to.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

tnimark posted:

My team is very good and when they lose it is always due to the umpires and/or someone/something else's fault.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

tnimark posted:

Yeah but a lot of fans are happy when they do as it means you keep your bad coach a while longer (unless the pies eek out a win against their team)

alr
May 14, 2009

racing identity posted:

None of the remaining games in the split round will give me the schadenfreude I need to turn this weekend around

Are you sure about that, because Norf and Richmond are up tonight

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So is this proof that the Weagles are super reliant on Kennedy as a leader and structurally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Matthew Nicholls continues to be a clueless fuckwit

• Locked thread