Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno why anyone would want to use the demon ring they give you for this. Hell, anything less than a third mage ring would probably be disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

just because im served a turd doesnt mean i have to eat it

clive is a pretty good unit. he has a horse.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is no shame in being weaker then your kick rear end girlfriend.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I like Clive although I think his Res sucks and mine hasn't gained much Def. Mathilda also has even worse Def and tbh can't hit very hard yet (but I've only had her for 2 fights or something).

Should I give Silque a shield? It seems like a good idea tbh.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 2, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

irlZaphod posted:

I like Clive although I think his Res sucks and mine hasn't gained much Def. Mathilda also has even worse Def and tbh can't hit very hard yet (but I've only had her for 2 fights or something).

Should I give Silque a shield? It seems like a good idea tbh.

Yeah, up until you get rings all mages should be rocking shields ime.

Melee dudes really want the might bonuses and skills from weapons so shields are kinda wasted on them.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Poor knights are worthless in this game, just slow moving mooks for enemy witches to murder. Cavs and dread fighters are better in every way. They desperately need some special class ability to suck less.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Subvisual Haze posted:

Poor knights are worthless in this game, just slow moving mooks for enemy witches to murder. Cavs and dread fighters are better in every way. They desperately need some special class ability to suck less.

The awesomeness of Wary Fighter is trapped in the forgotten land of Nolore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The bigger problem is that Knights suck at keeping up unless you're dedicating a Rescue on them. Always the biggest problem with them until the pair-up games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i expect you all to memorize this chart

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

i expect you all to memorize this chart

What purpose does this even serve... Nerding out?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

clive is a pretty good unit. he has a horse.

but he doesn't have a bow and a horse

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he did just get a near perfect level so maybe I do need some poo poo in my diet

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Avalerion posted:

Also what's the idea with the pitchfork, any reason I would want to make someone else a villager?

NOW I AM BECOME DEATH,
DESTROYER OF WORLDS

for comparison, here’s how my Gray turned out:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CORN NOG posted:

NOW I AM BECOME DEATH,
DESTROYER OF WORLDS

for comparison, here’s how my Gray turned out:

It's probably telling on some level that they give you exactly the number of pitchforks that there are knights.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Supremezero posted:

It's probably telling on some level that they give you exactly the number of pitchforks that there are knights.

I got one via DLC. Where do we get the others?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how do i get the dlc items?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

never mind i figured it out

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

from the main menu you have to go to extras> whatever the dlc option is

and then once oyu have it, in game on the world map you go to connect>manage dlc>mila's bounty x

i think we get a pitchfork every other week?...not sure

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pastrymancy posted:

I got one via DLC. Where do we get the others?

You get 3 total after like a month after the game is out.

Anyone play around with the shard?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

What does the shard even do?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I did but then I realized the shard only gives +5% growth to every stat except Res, which is like +1 stat every 20 levels, so I just switched back to weapons. I guess if you want to uh, max out Resistance for the villagers and mercs the shard is your best bet since it gives +2% Res growth.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
So far my Forsyth has the highest res and speed of any knight I've ever had in a Fire Emblem game. Except Amelia but she doesn't count. As of right now he's tanking Witch strikes and doubling unmounted soldiers. It's nuts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Theta Zero posted:

So far my Forsyth has the highest res and speed of any knight I've ever had in a Fire Emblem game. Except Amelia but she doesn't count. As of right now he's tanking Witch strikes and doubling unmounted soldiers. It's nuts.

Speed sounds like Forsyth, but the Res is pretty incredible given this game's growth rates.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm liking this so far, figured with so many mechanics gone the game would be rather simplistic but it actually makes me worry more about positioning than just wreck through everything with pairups. Too bad supports so far have been crap, would rather have more/better even if it meant no voice acting. Though I'm enjoying the story and characters otherwise.

How much did I screw up by not getting a dracoshield of some general dude?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When you fork a guy, do they gain xp like a low-level weenie again?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Avalerion posted:

I'm liking this so far, figured with so many mechanics gone the game would be rather simplistic but it actually makes me worry more about positioning than just wreck through everything with pairups. Too bad supports so far have been crap, would rather have more/better even if it meant no voice acting. Though I'm enjoying the story and characters otherwise.

How much did I screw up by not getting a dracoshield of some general dude?

I never got the dracoshield and the game was perfectly manageable on hard. You don't even need it for the post game dungeon.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

getting the dracoshield is a borderline exploit not an actual thing you're in any way expected to do

im pretty sure the dialogue after doesn't even make sense if you kill him

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cake Attack posted:

getting the dracoshield is a borderline exploit not an actual thing you're in any way expected to do

im pretty sure the dialogue after doesn't even make sense if you kill him

"He was only a duplicate! The real one has already retreated, and now it's my turn too! *scarper*"

E: no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the killer bow has turned tobin and python into My Two Takumis and I'm not sure how to feel about it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ruggington posted:

the killer bow has turned tobin and python into My Two Takumis and I'm not sure how to feel about it

Takumi But Not A Dick sounds like a good deal to me?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

takumi owns

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
takumi did nothing wrong

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

takumi did nothing wrong

He missed.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

takumi did nothing wrong

Birthright Takumi is a cool dude with reasonable issues and mostly good unit. Conquest Takumi is not only a dick, he shot Elise with a 14 might weapon, which makes him ten kinds of garbage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

conquest takumi is the only character with a reasonable reaction to how awful corrin is

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ruggington posted:

conquest takumi is the only character with a reasonable reaction to how awful corrin is

Yeah, but it kinda loses impact when you find out a monster's chilling inside him driving him crazy and going LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HAVE COME TO HATE CORRIN.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Last Celebration posted:

Birthright Takumi is a cool dude with reasonable issues and mostly good unit. Conquest Takumi is not only a dick, he shot Elise with a 14 might weapon, which makes him ten kinds of garbage.

Corrin murdered his citizens/brother

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, but it kinda loses impact when you find out a monster's chilling inside him driving him crazy and going LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I HAVE COME TO HATE CORRIN.

true, Monster Takumi is the only reasonable character and did nothing wrong.

I like Monster Takumi, he seems like a bro.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Corrin murdered his citizens/brother

That was before the invasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

ryoma tried to let elise slowly die of dysentry. at least takumi was just straight-up trying to murder her.

• Locked thread