Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just playing the super-long game like a real pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Sending thoughts and prayers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This needs to be posted every Lions tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyBpqaXGBc

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vaders Jester posted:

Laidlaw is going to fulfil his destiny and kill Sexton through a series of hospital passes against third string Kiwis looking to murder a Lion.

More like 13th string.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Vagabundo posted:

This needs to be posted every Lions tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyBpqaXGBc

They might actually use the 'anthem time' to sing Calon Lan, Jerusalem and Fields Of Athenry at the beginning of the test matches.

Trigger warning : Greig Laidlaw singing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdufRL8B7o&t=730s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WMoXq0hTQ

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
I think there was an unconfirmed thing in the NZ Herald about them possibly singing during the Haka. Which will be both painful and hilarious at the same time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

I think there was an unconfirmed thing in the NZ Herald about them possibly singing during the Haka. Which will be both painful and hilarious at the same time.

Ah yes, the old "we must respond to the haka" chestnut.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

An astoundingly bad idea. I love it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Hopefully we have footage of the moment Gatland broke that one to the squad.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Ah yes, the old "we must respond to the haka" chestnut.

More like the old "THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE HAKA" chestnut that the Nz press loves.

I can't find any evidence that anyone planned to sing during the haka. Bcause that would be unimaginably stupid.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Hopefully we have footage of the moment Gatland broke that one to the squad.

Once again, there is no loving way this happened

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

bigfoot again posted:

Once again, there is no loving way this happened

I've been watching the Tour documentary from 2005 and they sang bread of heaven in response to one of the traditional welcomes, surely Gatland can't one up Woodward by making them do it to the haka lmao

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Mister Chief posted:

An astoundingly bad idea. I love it.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

That drop goal. Daamn. I'm not even mad. If you can hit a droppie from 35 meters out while running at a 90° angle to the way you're kicking, then that's a deserved 3-pointer.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

What a game. That droppy...

bigfoot again posted:

More like the old "THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE HAKA" chestnut that the Nz press loves.

It would be only the media that cares, and even then a lovely opinion piece by someone no one gives a gently caress about.

I, and most kiwis have don't have a problem with counter songs / challenges to the Haka (and yes I'm Maori)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Yeah nobody gives a poo poo except for lovely clickbait troll 'journalists'.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The best period on the pitch so far for the Waratahs in this game is with a man down. Go figure.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

The best period on the pitch so far for the Waratahs in this game is with a man down. Go figure.

It is no longer their best period.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Time for The Lions to fail to beat the Wales score.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Come on the provincial Barbars.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Big ol' boo's for Sexton :D

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Does anyone in the Lions team actually know how to count in multiples of 7?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gats' kid currently outplaying Sexton.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

This was his plan all along.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well, the Lions have come second to a semi-pro side in their first half of rugby on this tour.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Hooray! We can finally see the Fly-half pairing that has any chance of actually being used in any game of significance!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Biggar's not playing tonight, mate.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If the Lions play like this against the All Blacks, they're going to get murdered.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Vagabundo posted:

When the Lions play like this against the All Blacks, they're going to get murdered.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

If the Lions play like this against the All Blacks, they're going to get murdered.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, given they only got off the plane 2 days ago.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
That would have been a lovely performance if they'd got off the plane this morning.

DickEmery fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 3, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Vagabundo posted:

If they play like that against the Crusaders, Highlanders, Cains or Chiefs they are going to get murdered (gently caress the Blues).

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, given they only got off the plane 2 days ago.

They were just given a thorough workout by a team made up largely of semi-pro players. There really isn't much disguising this lovely performance.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Watching that game reminded me how tiresome the Lions tour actually is. The warm up games are barely pre-season quality, but with the added bonus of the media overanalysing every mistake to try and divine the test starters.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Obvious problem, not enough jocks on the field.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

bessantj posted:

Obvious problem, too many Gatland's on the coaching staff.

drat right

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Foxtrot_13 posted:

drat right

Oh god yes, a successful Lions coach is the last thing the Lions need. Probably do without Rob Howley though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

bessantj posted:

Oh god yes, a successful Lions coach is the last thing the Lions need. Probably do without Rob Howley though.

Might be better to have a coach who has actually beaten NZ.