Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good. Not as good as Infinite Warfare, but hey it's nice to see them address this a year and a half after release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'm glad my video made the difference in finally motivating Treyarch! :woop:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good. Not as good as Infinite Warfare, but hey it's nice to see them address this a year and a half after release!

Jitter mods are also in IW since it's a CoD engine bug, but no one notices because there's only one decent shotgun :ssh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm :corsair: what's a jitter mod?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's a modded controller that lets you trigger more actions / use an equipment to cancel the "reload" so you can rapid fire shotties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkuiuFUdbk

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm :corsair: what's a jitter mod?

There's a coding exploit in CoD where you hit the reload button, it starts the animation, then you double hit the swap button to cancel the animation and bring your shotgun back up.

It has the equivalent function of allowing the weapon to fire as fast as possible with no RoF limit, and zero recoil. There are chips premade that do the macro 'XYY' for you.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I thought it might be some kind of modded controller.

I want to play with you guys but it always seems I'll get on and nobody is playing so I start doing whatever else. One of these days the stars will align. And I'm not particular about which shootymans iteration.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All shootymans are good shootymans IW is better, though.

We usually have a group every night lately. Maybe one or two weeknights with nobody around but you'll see either me or Javes starting something in IW or NSA / Chacha starting something in BLOPS.

Most will play whichever one the group started with but some dummies will actually switch to BLOPS once I leave and I can't imagine why!!!

Macy's rages equally across both games.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
The day that Macys (or me for that matter) does not yell at a shootymans game is a day the sun refused to rise.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Hey does anyone have any tips for Extinction mode? Been having trouble getting past the first wave. Thanks in advance.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

The day that Macys (or me for that matter) does not yell at a shootymans game is a day the sun refused to rise.

*Splatoon 2 gets released*

*Eternal darkness sweeps across the earth* :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazzit posted:

Hey does anyone have any tips for Extinction mode? Been having trouble getting past the first wave. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, friend. No one has attempted to write a good comprehensive guide on Extinction.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Trencher nuke #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBgWniEL_0A

(You'll notice at 2:57 is when I notice I'm 10 off and mute spotify lol)

Javes fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 1, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Doing the okay hand sign after the nuke :perfect:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Huh. Just had to free up some space for the new Blops update and it looks like they're addressing jitter mods? "Added measures to address exploitative 3rd party peripherals." Cool.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

(You'll notice at 2:57 is when I notice I'm 10 off and mute spotify lol)

this reminds me of when I got my nuke and how I didn't even manage to get a quad-feed because the flood gates opened after I called it in and everyone on the team murdered their entire squad

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Triple play is back in blops3. 100 win contract for the weekend. Let's shoot mans in the good game tonight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

Triple play is back in blops3. 100 win contract for the weekend. Let's shoot mans in the good game tonight.

Oh they're counting wins in IW for BLOPS triple play? That's awfully nice of them.

That said I'm doing savage race tomorrow so I won't be around tonight. I should be around tomorrow.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Motherfucker... I'm at work this weekend :(

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

jase1 posted:

If it works like the last 100 win contract, just log on this weekend to activate it, and you can then complete the 100 wins at your leisure.

Because Infinite Warfare is tailor-made for Javes, the Trencher got buffed because ??? This led to a great quote from the one guy keeping up on IW stats that should be the thread title.

CoD Infinite Warfare: "I don't really understand the reason for this decision"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2KEpSsqOyo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buffing the Trencher is probably the last thing I would have done when there's an entire category of poo poo guns to address.

Can't wait to see nukes 3-10 this weekend from Javes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

CoD Infinite Warfare: "I don't really understand the reason for this decision"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2KEpSsqOyo

If you don't make prizes from your slot machine really good, nobody will spend money on it.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Is it a non-duplicate again? Because that would be sweet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

Is it a non-duplicate again? Because that would be sweet.

Don't you already have everything?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Do I need to have the current contract complete for it to show up? I just see the cod point bundle instead.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't you already have everything?

Not anymore. I'm missing the ppsh, and all the ranged weapons released since. Also they just added two more last week I think.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Press buttons do stuff.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Never listen to the little objective window. Ever.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I can scratch the ppsh off the list of guns I don't have. I already had it leveled to 3 due to picking up Jack Generic's in-game when he first got it.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I got the saw launcher out of a box, so now I've got a Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor cosplay class with the nail gun and the saw launcher. I loving love this chaos disk.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

JackGeneric posted:

I got the saw launcher out of a box, so now I've got a Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor cosplay class with the nail gun and the saw launcher. I loving love this chaos disk.

Now you just need a soundboard to do the tool man grunt with every kill.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We just won the sweatiest Uplink game in hijack and it owned so hard to win with that sneak goal in OT in half the time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yay I gave Shaolin Shuffle a shot and holy poo poo is it fun! I'm having troubles unlocking the nunchucks. I can't seem to be able to trigger the clocks after beating the ninja zombie waves.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yay I gave Shaolin Shuffle a shot and holy poo poo is it fun! I'm having troubles unlocking the nunchucks. I can't seem to be able to trigger the clocks after beating the ninja zombie waves.

Do Disco Roof first, then Disco Desk, then Subway. Really consider Racin' Stripes above all else. And then get rid of it for Bang Bangs/Deadeye Dewdrops once you got the chucks.

Also, if it weren't for the bundles, you could get more of the better cards through the Zombie Crates... which are repurposed supply drops that remove a drop for Fortune Cards.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I got them. I guessed my previous attempt got bugged because I died / went to the arcade on the 2nd wave.

Now I should be able to get them from the wheel at any time, right? Because holy poo poo they're fun to use once you PaP them. Or do I need to do the whole process for each character?

Off to figure out the rat king part of the map.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 5, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok so I was wrong about the nunchucks and I still need to unlock them the same way every time. Which is kinda annoying but it basically gets you to open up the map and you can perk up getting them and max out a chi so it's not like you're wasting time. The main EE/story is kicking my rear end. How much loving health does the Rat King has?

Decided to focus on key farming and managed to do a solo round 38 in 1 hour and 9 minutes for 34 keys. Which is really loving nice since it's super god damned easy once you get the chucks. I'll probably get myself a nice stockpile of keys for any upcoming bundles and maybe get the stupid katana before the next map comes out.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Split quad and an easy triple.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyFrigidEelelephant.mp4

WW2 MP sounds real bad on paper. The Divisions system, which sounds a lot like Battlefield 1, will replace Create-a-Class. These are the divisions. While the implementation is unknown, I don't trust Sledgehammer to not gently caress this up.

quote:

Call of Duty returns to its roots with the highly anticipated Call of Duty: WWII developed by Sledgehammer Games. E3 will offer hands-on with the game for the very first time, including a first look at Divisions, a fundamentally new way to focus on your multiplayer career. Players will join one of five iconic World War II Divisions, each with their own unique weapons and abilities.

Airborne: First to the fight, where you move fast and stay quiet
Mountain: Focusing on precise and deadly sharpshooting
Infantry: Be the tip of the spear
Armored: Bringing the heaviest firepower
Expeditionary Force: Packing heat with incendiary shells

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
tip of the spear

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

tip of the spear

Mechanized Infantry. Attack, attack, attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You have to attack more than once?

You should work on that. :ninja:

• Locked thread