Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm too upset by all of this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

switch online info is out, 20 a year wth endless access to a virtual console catalog. nintendo wins again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

switch online info is out, 20 a year wth endless access to a virtual console catalog. nintendo wins again

the multiplayer classic games will have online play too . only NES games at launch with "SNES games under consideration" -- and they still haven't commented on the return of normal downloadable virtual console titles. honestly if it's included in the $20/year i'd be fine with virtual console just being a classic gaming netflix service ..... hope they expand it soon to catch up with the library on previous consoles tho

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's not gonna be a very good VC library for $1.29 a month. It's gonna be a version of SMB3 with online leaderboards and Excitebike with 2 player mode. That's literally it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bill Barber posted:

It's not gonna be a very good VC library for $1.29 a month. It's gonna be a version of SMB3 with online leaderboards and Excitebike with 2 player mode. That's literally it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

That alone would be better than any game sony has given me with plus for the last few years

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

That alone would be better than any game sony has given me with plus for the last few years

ps+ games suck a lot but life is strange is free this month and if you haven't played it , it's good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

ps+ games suck a lot but life is strange is free this month and if you haven't played it , it's good

Yeah I immediately realized LiS is actually a fantastic addition. but my point 99% stands, especially for the Vita selections (not really sony's fault I guess)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Yeah I immediately realized LiS is actually a fantastic addition. but my point 99% stands, especially for the Vita selections (not really sony's fault I guess)

its totally sonys fault

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the complete failure of the vita (not really sony's fault I guess)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I just started playing persona 4 it's pretty good, but oled has bad image retention

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lol yeah...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the wipeout remaster for ps4 pisses me off because the actual wipeout devs were in the middle of working on a new one for ps4, and sony closed the studio

2 years later whoops for some reason the ps4 has no games

Soral
May 30, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

the wipeout remaster for ps4 pisses me off because the actual wipeout devs were in the middle of working on a new one for ps4, and sony closed the studio

2 years later whoops for some reason the ps4 has no games

you can also replace the words wipeout and ps4 with "phantom dust" and "xbox one"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I got yakuza 5 my frst month of plus but yeah otherwise prtty much

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

"Alright guys, this is huge. What game are we going to use to market the Vita in the US? The inventive and charming Gravity Rush? The sleek and functional Wipeout? Or the Call of Duty spinoff with 4v4 multiplayer and broken touch controls?"
[Two years later]
"Okay, this isn't working- we're gonna try to really push this thing one last time for the new version of the system, and we need to be sure what game to promote with advertising and system bundles. Should we go with Dragon's Crown? People seemed to really enjoy it. Or how about Ys: Memories of Celceta? Monster Hunter games have been picking up steam in the West, so we could go for that crowd and bundle Soul Sacrifice... or we could pick that Borderlands 2 port that runs at 7 frames a second and has none of the DLC. I'm not sure, what do you guys think?"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sony hates to mention japanese games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i love my 3ds but there aren't a lot of games where i dont think Man this could have been way cooler on Vita. Pretty sure playing Monster Hunter on the Switch is gonna make me block out all memories of ever running that game on a 3DS

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol wait apparently that cable is like 20 inches long ..... what if you want to voice chat while playing switch on your TV?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Yell louder.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a wire"less" headphone... i've truly seen all under the queen's sun

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the ARMS beta is loving terrible now that all of the players learned to spam grab the entire match. ive fought one person who played normally out of the past dozen rounds

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
A grab can be deflected by a single punch. If you're on top of things you can really punish a grab-happy player.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

people getting owned by grabs in the ARMS demo is like people getting owned by rollers in the splatoon demo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

A grab can be deflected by a single punch. If you're on top of things you can really punish a grab-happy player.

I dunno, out of like 20 total rounds against people doing the same spam, I dont think I found it fun to play against even once

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
arms looks terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't really understand why this isn't just a wire going into the phone?