Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Almost as good as the time he shoryukened that guy off a roof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Almost as good as Woolie stealing that pie

http://fault-tumblr.tumblr.com/post/56763420720/taberisms-woolie-the-liar-stole-my-pie-oh-god

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Woolie's incandescent fury at the arbitrary skepticism of The Man in the latest NitW update owns

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

Woolie's incandescent fury at the arbitrary skepticism of The Man in the latest NitW update owns

He totally skims over the fact that she did the due diligence of investigating the report.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hearing Woolie say that visual glitches from their setup is gameplay, and even arguing for it, is the best. :allears:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Woolie the Liar strikes again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really hope Woolie is super wrong about everything and Aunt Mall Cop is super right.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hearing Woolie say that visual glitches from their setup is gameplay, and even arguing for it, is the best. :allears:

It was, but between then and now, Pat agreed with Woolie that it was gameplay and Crazy Talk activated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pat and paige have easily transcended every other group for my favorite videomakin' duo

"this is some Roger and Jessica Rabbit poo poo right here"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xImxvL73Phs&hd=1

e: that thumbnail lol

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Yakuza outros are the most jarring things, I was really getting engrossed in that scene when suddenly "WO BREAKING ZA LAAAW"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How come I can only see the 21 most recent streams of Pat's on twitch?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Twitch deletes old archives of streams automatically but Pat uploads streams to this channel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Different game, same Daigo'd :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wordnumber posted:

Twitch deletes old archives of streams automatically but Pat uploads streams to this channel.
I miss the chat feeds. I remember being commented by Paige in the FFXV stream.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's some stuff I'm amazed pat and matt are saying with a straight face in the LA Noire LP

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Less than a week after Pat declares that changing styles mid-combat is stupid, 「CRAZY・ TALK」 activates in today's Yakuza 0 video.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
bummed we're hitting the "matt doesn't know or care about what's going on so he's going to complain the whole video" point of yakuza 0 with a whole bunch of game still left

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who is Daigo and why does he have the face of a smol Kiryu?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Who is Daigo and why does he have the face of a smol Kiryu?

Dojima's son, a recurring character who appears in the rest of the series starting with 2, is Kiryu's last boss in 4

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
He also later goes on to do really well at fighting games, which is surprising after what Kiryu did to him in 4.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's a good game somewhere inside Unholy War, but it's probably in so deep in you might as well go diving in the Mariana Trench to rescue it.

"the secret real genesis of the moba", yeah, sounds about right, Pat.

Dias fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 3, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jacuzzi never stops delivering :allears:

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm a few episodes behind, but am I missing something in the Yakuzzis? Sagawa told Majima that Makoto was the muscle bound Lee and hasn't blinked an eye to see Makoto's body double being nothing like the muscle bound Lee. Did they ever acknowledge that?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

nerdman42 posted:

I'm a few episodes behind, but am I missing something in the Yakuzzis? Sagawa told Majima that Makoto was the muscle bound Lee and hasn't blinked an eye to see Makoto's body double being nothing like the muscle bound Lee. Did they ever acknowledge that?

Are you sure Sagawa specifically mentioned "Makoto" being a guy?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I think so? I remember he said Makoto was a big evil prostitution guy, after confirming Majima had never heard of Makoto

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

nerdman42 posted:

I think so? I remember he said Makoto was a big evil prostitution guy, after confirming Majima had never heard of Makoto

Never really gave any details other then saying evil prostitution. Which we now know was a ton of bullshit.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

nerdman42 posted:

Sagawa never gave any physical description of Makoto. He probably knew the whole time, and was just testing Majima.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I'm just now seeing the staircase saga

This is wonderful

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It gets explained later on re: Sagawa

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Wow Pat, way to get Haruka's character in Kenzan completely wrong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.strawpoll.me/13107012/r

Poll for when they'll finish the DS3 DLC

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

bummed we're hitting the "matt doesn't know or care about what's going on so he's going to complain the whole video" point of yakuza 0 with a whole bunch of game still left

I'm thankful that the format of Night in the Woods basically forces them to engage with the story.

If it was voice acted, they'd be talking over everything.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

It's kind of difficult to engage when Pat blitzes through every line of dialogue not on a timer and sometimes doesn't even try to give a summary. I'm loving the LP, but dude needs to slow down sometimes. I read quick and even I'm not sure about the story.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Squidtentacle posted:

I read quick and even I'm not sure about the story.

The Empty Lot is important, and people want Makoto Makimura dead or alive for ??? reason to yet be revealed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tachibana is important to both sides of the story and we're gonna bust up Kuze even harder later.

Just wait till Kiryu gets in a car and starts switching between Burnout, Drift and Cruise styles.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt is really trying to ruin Yakuza today

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
He has a point. There's some stuff in the back end of Yakuza 0 that makes no sense even by the series' very relaxed standards and only pads out the length and ruins the atmosphere.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I care far more about Majima's story than Kiryu's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This would be more off the cuff if Pat didn't have superhuman ability to keep up the banter while also reading through the convoluted dialog fast.

Otherwise this would be another astro boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I care far more about Majima's story than Kiryu's.
:same: