Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

are people having issues with getting killed by the redzone inside buildings? I just fought my way trough the hill by the school to those two barn like houses (after killing 3 people and snagging a 8x scoped Kar) and getting blown up inside the middle of the house...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I have danced in the iron rain, damning god as a coward, and he has yet to strike me down.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ughhhh posted:

are people having issues with getting killed by the redzone inside buildings? I just fought my way trough the hill by the school to those two barn like houses (after killing 3 people and snagging a 8x scoped Kar) and getting blown up inside the middle of the house...

The last monthly patch had something about this, it's a known bug that they're working on. They said they'd toned it down but hadn't eliminated it entirely. It's happened to me before, but only once and not since the monthly.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just got downed by a red zone explosion, and then while being revived, another one landed right on top of us and killed me and downed my squadmate.

It was... less than ideal.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beanbox posted:

Where is the line between shooting and killstealing people in Goonsquads?.

I've never really thought about it before a guy in my squad said "you're the killstealer" last night.

I mean if I see people I shoot at them, rather than getting shot.

This is the stupidest game I can possibly imagine for someone to complain about killstealing.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Elentor posted:

This is the stupidest game I can possibly imagine for someone to complain about killstealing.

gently caress anyone who legit complains about killstealing but I've said it mockingly to friends after we go on a streak and I end up with no kills.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Kill stealing as a legit argument in a team-based game is loving silly. I'd rather someone kills the guy I've downed instead of leaving him alive to potentially be revived and add more firepower to the enemy group. This game really ought to add "Kills / Assists" cause it can be kind of disheartening when you finish a game and have 0 kills, despite being an actively useful member of the group. I think that's a large reason for why people get so butthurt in this game about killsteals.

I never have and never will give a poo poo about killsteals. The thing that sort of triggers me is when I down an enemy whilst a teammate hasn't really been helping or been in any risk, and they dash straight for the corpse and take all the loot. Son, I downed the guy, I should get first pick. Only time I let it slide is if my teammate has way worse gear than I do. But even then, I believe the strongest members of the group should get the strongest armour. No point sticking a level 3 helmet / police vest on a guy with a lovely weapon. I'd rather keep the guy with decent guns alive longer. Or when someone is super greedy and refuses to move on from a corpse because they're trying to grab everything and rearrange their bag despite the fact we're still in a sticky situation and should move on.

What I don't understand is, a lot of people are so touchy about weapons / armour. If I nab a level 3 helmet but I know it'll be better used by someone else in the team, I'll gladly swap with his gear. Increase the odds of our survival as a whole instead of just fully kitting myself out.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 3, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Four #2 finishes. PUBG gods are touchy tonight :argh:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Loopoo posted:

Kill stealing as a legit argument in a team-based game is loving silly. I'd rather someone kills the guy I've downed instead of leaving him alive to potentially be revived and add more firepower to the enemy group. This game really ought to add "Kills / Assists" cause it can be kind of disheartening when you finish a game and have 0 kills, despite being an actively useful member of the group. I think that's a large reason for why people get so butthurt in this game about killsteals.

I think part of the problem is that our discord channel has restricted channels for high skill goons. It's hard to not care about your KDR if it's actively being used to judge you.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiWanderingWatercressSaltBae

Ragdoll physics make for interesting things

Qubee
May 31, 2013

.Z. posted:

I think part of the problem is that our discord channel has restricted channels for high skill goons. It's hard to not care about your KDR if it's actively being used to judge you.

I really don't know why Bluehole just doesn't add a regular old Kill / Assist / Death counter, instead of just Kill count. I really hate when people brag about their kills "hur hur I have 49 kills since reset" and I'm sitting there with less, yet I know I've downed tonnes of dudes.

Ragdoll physics can make kills so satisfying. The amount of times I've one-shot people in the legs with a shotgun and they just topple over mid stride. It's so cool to see.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 3, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i do this plus i pop open my inventory and drop my poo poo all over the ground

Related to this, I dropped in a town with a guy, and we rush into a warehouse. I don't see any weapons, but I put on a level 3 vest. Then I see the other guy picking up an AR, so I just hoof it into town. I'm fully expecting to get shot in the back so as I'm running, I dump my vest in long grass (I often dump decent loot that I can't use at the moment if my chances for survival are low - once I found an 8x in the first room of an apartment, so I hid it behind a door until I was ready to leave). The guy must have been new, because he didn't give chase. I ran about 3 houses away, and find an AR for myself. I decide to play aggressive so I can either die or then loot in peace. I run back to him, and the guy does not seem wary at all. I put him down fairly easily, and check if he found my vest. Nope. Then I go to the grass, and just cannot find my vest at all. Can it despawn?

About killing downed players: I'm fairly close to my duo buddy, and about to go into a house when I start taking fire from a ridge above. I dive into the house, but am downed. I crawl into a nearby bathroom to wait for my buddy. My buddy is killed the instant he walks into the house. The guy had managed to ninja into the house with neither of us noticing. Nice baiting, GG was all my friend and I could say to that.

About sharing out the loot: I only really play solo or then duos with a good irl friend, so we just divvy up the loot fairly and evenly, and depending on the situation. If I have an ACOG, and my friend has an SKS, even though I really like the ACOG on an AR, I know he can really do work with an SKS, so I will drop it for him. We hoover up all ammo types and attachments, then group up when we've decided what our loadouts will be, dump our loot and cherry pick what we need.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i do this plus i pop open my inventory and drop my poo poo all over the ground

Is this purely to inconvenience your enemy and make it more annoying for them to pick the stuff up? Couldn't they just keep their inventory open and pick it up all pretty easily?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
It does list assists though. I think it's just any time you damage an enemy who dies at some point after, but it would be nice if it counted knockouts.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Loopoo posted:

Is this purely to inconvenience your enemy and make it more annoying for them to pick the stuff up? Couldn't they just keep their inventory open and pick it up all pretty easily?

You can spread it around, crawl to a bush or some other place that loot would not naturally spawn at. Most people fixate on the loot crate after killing you. It's a nice final "gently caress you, you ain't getting my poo poo".

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

.Z. posted:

There is match making based on ELO so you're already being judged you just don't know it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

There is match making based on ELO so you're already being judged you just don't know it.

I knew it, no one replied to my question asking about it, but the enemies I face when I play with my scrubs mates compared to the enemies I face when I'm playing with my not-scrub-at-all friends is ridiculous.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Eh I got matched with Grimmmz today and I suck so I dunno

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

.Z. posted:

Wait, what?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Loopoo posted:

I knew it, no one replied to my question asking about it, but the enemies I face when I play with my scrubs mates compared to the enemies I face when I'm playing with my not-scrub-at-all friends is ridiculous.

Now the leaderboards reset, so it's an even playing field again (confirmed by a community manager guy). And I think it really shows. I now come up against people who have probably only just bought the game or something.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Eh I got matched with Grimmmz today and I suck so I dunno

You killed him right?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Related to this, I dropped in a town with a guy, and we rush into a warehouse. I don't see any weapons, but I put on a level 3 vest. Then I see the other guy picking up an AR, so I just hoof it into town. I'm fully expecting to get shot in the back so as I'm running, I dump my vest in long grass (I often dump decent loot that I can't use at the moment if my chances for survival are low - once I found an 8x in the first room of an apartment, so I hid it behind a door until I was ready to leave). The guy must have been new, because he didn't give chase. I ran about 3 houses away, and find an AR for myself. I decide to play aggressive so I can either die or then loot in peace. I run back to him, and the guy does not seem wary at all. I put him down fairly easily, and check if he found my vest. Nope. Then I go to the grass, and just cannot find my vest at all. Can it despawn?

So what was wrong with wearing the level 3 vest, the 50 extra capacity or the potential to not die from a shotgun blast?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Snapes N Snapes posted:

You killed him right?

I was hoping but no he got iced halfway through the match

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

So what was wrong with wearing the level 3 vest, the 50 extra capacity or the potential to not die from a shotgun blast?

This guy is a salty dude who wants to try and keep whoever kills him from getting his half-used up vest, so he drops it in the grass instead of wearing it because he doesn't understand the concept of armor.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Y-you know if you actually used all this cool gear you were picking up, you might actually survive these encounters instead...???

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Leave matchmaking outta this game IMO

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Space Hamlet posted:

Why? Fairer games are better all around, and mean that people get the chance to improve gradually instead of getting crushed by people way beyond their skill level constantly.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Space Hamlet posted:

terrible idea, it'll be like For Honor's lovely matchmaking where people who have just bought the game, or are rather poo poo in their abilities, get matched against guys who have hundred's of hours and just curbstomp you.

or like Rainbow Six Siege before they implemented it for Casual. Casual was a throw of the dice, either you ended up going against a team full of retards who had no idea how to play the game, or you'd be going against Plat's all round and getting demolished.

I don't want PUBG to devolve into that, it's no fun when you're constantly going up against people you have no chance against.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Like I get hiding or carrying poo poo so future looters can't use it against you, but honestly refusing to be caught out with gear out in the open in solos in some spiteful poo poo, like suiciding unnecessarily into the blue to make sure some other player doesn't make it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Maluco Marinero posted:

Like I get hiding or carrying poo poo so future looters can't use it against you, but honestly refusing to be caught out with gear out in the open in solos in some spiteful poo poo, like suiciding unnecessarily into the blue to make sure some other player doesn't make it.

being spiteful feels so good though. maybe not the retarded levels of spiteful the guy who dropped his vest does. but if I'm in the blue and I know I'm not gonna make it, I sure as hell try and gently caress up as many other people as I can to take them with me.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I'm on the fence about it. Last night I was deep in the blue and seconds from death but I still had to take a shot at a duo half a mile away, killing one. Those guys were probably good buddies IRL. Probably frustrating. :(

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Always take someone with you if you're gonna die to the blue.

Unless it's me. If you're looking at me it's a great time to have a moral crisis and not actually shoot.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

If you know you're going to die, run at them with a grenade cooking in your hand :getin:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

If you know you're going to die, run at them with a grenade cooking in your hand :getin:

Bad advice. I've tried this twice and each time I'm gunned down before I get close enough to take them with me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I got in a late game gunfight inside a house and for some reason when I went to revive my buddy it decided to pick up the unloaded micro uzi on the ground instead, which was right when the enemy burst through the front door. I spazzed out and couldn't get back to my primary weapon after trying to shoot said unloaded uzi, ended up with a grenade and threw it and we all died.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

when are they gonna make reviving a loving priority. I hate when you gotta spend precious seconds positioning yourself just right to revive a teammate.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

.Z. posted:

Hahaha. I read this as pissmop and laughed even more

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

This guy is a salty dude who wants to try and keep whoever kills him from getting his half-used up vest, so he drops it in the grass instead of wearing it because he doesn't understand the concept of armor.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Y-you know if you actually used all this cool gear you were picking up, you might actually survive these encounters instead...???

I'm in the same warehouse, in full sight of a guy who I just saw pick up an AR and I don't even have a melee weapon yet - am I gonna hope and pray the level 3 vest is gonna tank all his bullets and then superman punch him to death? I ran, and 95% of the time when someone is that close, they have blown me away. I can't throw AR suppressors at people if I don't have an AR to put it on. And what am I gonna do with an 8x scope in the apartments when I have a shotgun and there are multiple people around? Hell yeah it's spiteful. :coal:

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
I'm getting a little tired of randos in team mode trying to get me into their discord. The in game voice works fine, I think that they just want to get me into their chatroom so they can spam me with anime dick girl pics until i pass out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Goddamn Hippy posted:

I'm getting a little tired of randos in team mode trying to get me into their discord. The in game voice works fine, I think that they just want to get me into their chatroom so they can spam me with anime dick girl pics until i pass out.

Or they are overly concerned about in game voice being overheard?

• Locked thread