Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

*Godzilla roars and gross slurping sounds dubbed in to make the battle more interesting*

Why is the centipede making angry kitten noises at the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

thecluckmeme posted:

if you think those tcc stories are the :psyduck: ones then you haven't stumbled on the concept of performing a robe-and-chalice ceremony with dmt tea in order to hallucinate that you're speaking with divine beings and the devil to get a greater understanding of the world

there's some dudes who eat shrooms and listen to music, and some dudes who drink dmt from a goblet to talk with god

Ok but in a world where people take drugs by wadding them up in a little kleenex and swallowing the kleenex, or sticking it up their pooper, or the thing where you blow green clouds of poo poo-flavored powder out your nose, swigging DMT from a goblet is pretty rad by comparison

Who doesn't love goblets

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Phy posted:

Ok but in a world where people take drugs by wadding them up in a little kleenex and swallowing the kleenex, or sticking it up their pooper, or the thing where you blow green clouds of poo poo-flavored powder out your nose, swigging DMT from a goblet is pretty rad by comparison

Who doesn't love goblets

The bad guy from Indiana Jones.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phy posted:

Who doesn't love goblets

If you're not drinking from a chalice you may as well be drinking from a toilet.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

thecluckmeme posted:

That would be our good friend Kratom, a leafy powder substance that can be useful for manic depression and BPD in small doses, and otherwise abused by people for hope that it will give them a high

The Kratom thread brought us great moments like a dude doing a common way of ingesting the nasty-tasting powder at his workplace, the toss and wash, where you toss the powder in your mouth while you have a mouthful of water. He did it, a coworker started a conversation with him, then midway through his coworker talking he exhaled through his nose and green powder blew out. :discourse:

That same thread also had these SUPER high concentrate juices you could buy from sites that apparently hosed you up good, and after some goons got a hold of it, sent it to a lab to get tested. Ended up having zero Kratom, and it was mostly based off a different Chinese research chemical.

The kratom thread blows my mind because people in there would brag about spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a plant to get that weak high.

Some of the best joose stories are saved in this old pastebin if anyone wants to browse it: https://pastebin.com/QcwKxP93

And the guy who roasted to death in his car was thatdamnjew. His memorial thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557301. His wife made follow up posts in the thread under her own account too. You can read the lead-up to his death where he threatens here with a gun and poo poo while tripping on phenazepam.

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Jun 3, 2017

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
re: TCC stories- the older I get, the faster reading them goes from "god drat crazy people wow what will they do next *reads full thread*" to "poo poo this is depressing, time to get off the internet"

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
Pictured: Kratom sandwich

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

sweeperbravo posted:

re: TCC stories- the older I get, the faster reading them goes from "god drat crazy people wow what will they do next *reads full thread*" to "poo poo this is depressing, time to get off the internet"

Same, not sure if it's age specifically or age in relation to how many crazy life ruining drug stories I've read at this point.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

I stopped reading TCC because a lot of it was people saying how drugs didn't really affect their lives at all in a bad way and they had a shitload of experience doing all the drugs and living successfully and if you have negative experiences with drugs you're basically just sub-human I mean look at ME and then a few lines/posts in it comes out that they're still 21 or something. (This was years ago so IDK what it's like now.)

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
why would you even want to prolong your time with that poo poo in your mouth by adding bread.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sweeperbravo posted:

It is pretty awful to go through the early pages of the heroin thread and see multiple users chatting with each other years ago, but now all of them are permabanned for being dead. Or clicking the ? on a random user and tracking their slow descent.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Kelp Me! posted:

I remember most of these, but not the Joose seller who died on a park bench and goons were trying to get refunds from seller's family. What was that about?

I believe that was forums user Brewkakke.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nuns with Guns posted:

It is pretty awful to go through the early pages of the heroin thread and see multiple users chatting with each other years ago, but now all of them are permabanned for being dead. Or clicking the ? on a random user and tracking their slow descent.

I remember when Mandatory Lesbian posted fun game, keep track of who suddenly stops posting in the heroin thread :smith:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If you want less depressing, sunburnt_aphid, the dying addict who hondarider told to take LSD, actually did come back to and posted as recently as 2014 or 2015. I searched her post history on a whim at the time and found that and felt a little better about the world. I didn't post it anywhere then because like, the actual human who actually suffered from life-threatening addiction doesn't deserved to be harassed over it, but it seems reasonable to say now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

If you want less depressing, sunburnt_aphid, the dying addict who hondarider told to take LSD, actually did come back to and posted as recently as 2014 or 2015. I searched her post history on a whim at the time and found that and felt a little better about the world. I didn't post it anywhere then because like, the actual human who actually suffered from life-threatening addiction doesn't deserved to be harassed over it, but it seems reasonable to say now.

It sounds like the LSD worked, good for them :unsmith:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Obligatory:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

WrenP-Complete posted:

Small clarification: Opiates paralyze some of the breathing muscles. This is why they can be effective cough suppressants. This may just be a layperson/scientist distinction though.

I was purposefully trying to keep it simple. I'm a layperson that has read a lot, which I'm pretty sure is something scientists aren't always a fan of. When the layperson thinks reading some books and a lot of online stuff makes them a scientist too, anyway.

I do tell people who are actually combining anything that can slow heart rate and breathing reflex that they run a chance of getting so drat relaxed that they either stop breathing or their heart stops beating (or first one, then the other). But that's part of Granny MPGS' Lecture on Mixing poo poo, For Addicts Who Probably Don't Care (but get the lecture anyway just in case). Didn't seem to apply here.

putrid aidsman posted:

Pictured: Kratom sandwich

Ugh it's worse than I remember. If anything had ever looked like "Constipation Potion #9," it's that. I never messed with Kratom, so I don't know if there's a better way to ingest it, but.. Christ. Chuck it in a banana-strawberry smoothie with actual fruit and yogurt and whatnot, then dealing with any off-taste seems better to me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Whoa, I assumed she was gone. I hope she's still doing okay. Sober or not, on a maintenance med or not. I just mean I hope she's not in the mindset she was in at that one point.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Can someone give me the rundown on the Pet Island one? I know about the other ones.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
There were multiple pet island things around the same time. One was someone cooking their bird accidentally with a heater, can't remember others.

I think the Megatron thing was later.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I was purposefully trying to keep it simple. I'm a layperson that has read a lot, which I'm pretty sure is something scientists aren't always a fan of. When the layperson thinks reading some books and a lot of online stuff makes them a scientist too, anyway.

I do tell people who are actually combining anything that can slow heart rate and breathing reflex that they run a chance of getting so drat relaxed that they either stop breathing or their heart stops beating (or first one, then the other). But that's part of Granny MPGS' Lecture on Mixing poo poo, For Addicts Who Probably Don't Care (but get the lecture anyway just in case). Didn't seem to apply here.

It's all good, just remembered that you like to learn. I like to make sure that people know that the overdose event is in fact related to the desired medical effect in some cases. :)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Can someone give me the rundown on the Pet Island one? I know about the other ones.
that's referring to Pile of Kittens, I think? She was a PI mod for a while. Twisty was asking questions about chickens in the chicken thread, but because he posts regularly in FYAD that was suspicious for some reason and he was probated by her. That drew the attention of his friends, who uncovered a post from Pile of Kittens where she admits she put her sick parrot too close to a space heater for too long and roasted it to death. She resigned as mod after that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also she'd fart so much her parakeet would start mimicking her farts

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Proposal: I'm going to do some IT work for the state department.

Reality: President Trump 2016

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jun 3, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Also she'd fart so much her parakeet would start mimicking her farts

This is usually a sign that someone is at least a little lactose intolerant and is in denial about it :laugh:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

that's referring to Pile of Kittens, I think? She was a PI mod for a while. Twisty was asking questions about chickens in the chicken thread, but because he posts regularly in FYAD that was suspicious for some reason and he was probated by her. That drew the attention of his friends, who uncovered a post from Pile of Kittens where she admits she put her sick parrot too close to a space heater for too long and roasted it to death. She resigned as mod after that.

The megatron thing was Chido, though, in the chicken thread. Let me see if I can find a link.

Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417601&pagenumber=82&perpage=40#post414026224

I think the parrot death is unrelated but I don't know.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

It sounds like the LSD worked, good for them :unsmith:

It might have in a clinical setting but taking advice from strangers on a "comedy" internet forum on life-threatening matters is usually not good

My friend has this story about his dad taking mushrooms and like he looks over and sees this guy next to him smoking and his face is a grim flaming skull so he boom quits smoking himself forever

Except wait, dude your dad was driving at this time? :cripes:

Maybe he just had a flashback to Planes Trains and Automobiles?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

WrenP-Complete posted:

The megatron thing was Chido, though, in the chicken thread. Let me see if I can find a link.

Here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417601&pagenumber=82&perpage=40#post414026224

I think the parrot death is unrelated but I don't know.

right, it was only related in that FYAD made fun of both things and both were sort of linked to the chicken thread

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

syscall girl posted:

so he boom quits smoking himself forever

Smoking oneself sounds like a lousy way to get high, unless you're Snoop or Willie Nelson or something

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I thought the urban legend was that it was Marilyn Manson.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Code Jockey posted:

Smoking oneself sounds like a lousy way to get high, unless you're Snoop or Willie Nelson or something

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I thought the urban legend was that it was Marilyn Manson.

Him can suck his own dick!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does anyone remember the EN thread by a goon who had to get a circumcision that was caused by him never washing his dick?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
How does one never wash one's dick? Like even accidentally?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Heath posted:

How does one never wash one's dick? Like even accidentally?

if it's trapped under folds, combined with laziness?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Sometimes the foreskin is too tight to pull back. Mine was when I was younger, so I had to stretch it back a little bit at a time every day until I could pull it back like a normal penis haver.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
.... I've always been okay with having a vagina, but right now i"m actively grateful for it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Maybe being circumcised as a newborn wasn't such a bad deal after all. :smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sweeperbravo posted:

.... I've always been okay with having a vagina, but right now i"m actively grateful for it

I found out recently that men can get yeast infections in their foreskin.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Maybe being circumcised as a newborn wasn't such a bad deal after all. :smith:

Yeah, I think I lucked out there too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grevling posted:

Sometimes the foreskin is too tight to pull back. Mine was when I was younger, so I had to stretch it back a little bit at a time every day until I could pull it back like a normal penis haver.

This text should just be quoted at anyone who says circumcision is immoral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Aesop Poprock posted:

This text should just be quoted at anyone who says circumcision is immoral

while we're at it, we should preemptively cut every male baby's balls off at birth because some people develop testicular cancer, it's only practical