Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Update to my ARMS score:

Can finally play as Twinelle. GOTY first day purchase. 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Frankston posted:

The only reason I got my switch was so I could play Super Mario World on it. Just release VC already Nintendo ffs.

Bought the wrong nintendo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
KOTAKU???? POLYGON???? GAMESTOP???? GIANT "BOMB"?
??

can someone just CONFIRM or d/e/n/y that super MARIO WORLD is coming to nintendo's new Switch? gaming console

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I have literally a hundred ways to play that game I'm good

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Test punch got bugged for me and I was using Mechinia's arms on Twintelle to this morning. I only went a few rounds before switching back since the combo was throwing me off and people have gotten pretty good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ethanol posted:

I have literally a hundred ways to play that game I'm good

Not going to empty quote so I'll just say I got drunk last night and bought Thumper.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
E3 switch predictions:
Kirby's​ Air Ride 2
A 2D Metroid
F-Zero
Rhythm Heaven
WarioWare
Super Mario World 3
Wii Music, Switch Edition

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Stan Taylor posted:

Wii Music, Switch Edition

HD rumble to make you feel like you're actually holding the instruments.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I swear to CHRIST ALMIGHTY that if they put the greatest game to grace the SNES (Yoshi's Island) on the switch but use the GBA port instead, I will flip my poo poo.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Scholtz posted:

I swear to CHRIST ALMIGHTY that if they put the greatest game to grace the SNES (Yoshi's Island) on the switch but use the GBA port instead, I will flip my poo poo.

They will because they don't want to spend money licensing the super fx architecture for emulation.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

They will because they don't want to spend money licensing the super fx architecture for emulation.

yup

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Imagined posted:

Finally "beat" BotW tonight. I can't tell how many hours it took me

On the main switch menu, go up to your profile icon on the top left, and in the profile tab it will tell you your play time for each game approximately .

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ventana posted:

On the main switch menu, go up to your profile icon on the top left, and in the profile tab it will tell you your play time for each game approximately .

Is there a way to disable friends from seeing this?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Scholtz posted:

That would be hilarious. 720p extreme closeup on screaming baby.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Hop! Hnnnnngnghhh!!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Scholtz posted:

Play it on an emulator you weirdos

This thread flipping out over drat snes roms tells me it is not yet time to buy a switch. Also vc collection is going to be the same dinky collection of nes roms we have seen since the days of the e reader. Yay I can play loving ice climbers again thank u so much shigeru n co

I'm a huge retro nerd and even im absolutely sick of the NES at this point. Actually my cool little android emu portable I bought has tragically gotten very little use because there's so many cool current releases and I an drowning in my backlog

Hurry and release stuff nintendo so I can blow some money on yet another toy.

Wiiu rereleases are cool BTW since i never had a wiiu

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

KingSlime posted:

This thread flipping out over drat snes roms tells me it is not yet time to buy a switch. Also vc collection is going to be the same dinky collection of nes roms we have seen since the days of the e reader. Yay I can play loving ice climbers again thank u so much shigeru n co

Mods? can thieves and pirates see their way OUT of this thread?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to disable friends from seeing this?

Just create a dummy account to play your Senran Kagura games, pervert

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
arms 1v1 is decent, everything else is not good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

1v1v1 is the only bad mode imo. Is there an Arms thread?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

KingSlime posted:

I'm a huge retro nerd and even im absolutely sick of the NES at this point. Actually my cool little android emu portable I bought has tragically gotten very little use because there's so many cool current releases and I an drowning in my backlog

:nallears:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SeANMcBAY posted:

1v1v1 is the only bad mode imo. Is there an Arms thread?

Yes

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Arms would be massively improved if they took friendly fire out. It makes 2v2 and Hedlok way more of a pain in the rear end than it ought to be.

1v1 is real fun tho.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Mods? can thieves and pirates see their way OUT of this thread?

stealing roms is actually cool and good because it lets me pretend that i am using nintendo's service that gives me access to large libraries of their old games for $11.99 a month but i don't have to wait until they get around to letting me give them money

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If Nintendo wants money, they have to give people a chance to give them money.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Hey friends; me and some friends are currently marathoning a bunch of Kirby games to raise money for The Epilepsy Foundation. Tune in at moblinsformatt.org or twitch.tv/moblinsformatt

Would love to see some goon presence tune in...and hey, you could enter our raffle for a Galaxy New 3DSXL and the two 3DS Kirby titles.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

jivjov posted:

Hey friends; me and some friends are currently marathoning a bunch of Kirby games to raise money for The Epilepsy Foundation. Tune in at moblinsformatt.org or twitch.tv/moblinsformatt

Would love to see some goon presence tune in...and hey, you could enter our raffle for a Galaxy New 3DSXL and the two 3DS Kirby titles.

Are you gonna be there

If so, sure absolutely

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Really glad I didn't listen to general sentiment in this thread about ARMS. Just played about an hour of the global testpunch and it is fun as hell. Keeping my preorder and looking forward to it a lot more now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What thread are you reading

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Spellman posted:

Are you gonna be there

If so, sure absolutely

I'm there right now. Come say hi in chat, and I'll make sure to be on camera

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

InFlames235 posted:

Really glad I didn't listen to general sentiment in this thread about ARMS. Just played about an hour of the global testpunch and it is fun as hell. Keeping my preorder and looking forward to it a lot more now.

... what? The fanboyism is rampant.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Every time I've checked into this thread there are a bunch of posts about ARMS sucking. There have been positive posts, too, but it seemed like more people were saying it sucked.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jivjov posted:

I'm there right now. Come say hi in chat, and I'll make sure to be on camera

You better be streaming from your Amiibo Shrine

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I work a 9-5 so still haven't been able to buy one. :saddowns:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lemming posted:

You better be streaming from your Amiibo Shrine

Our Stream location, the Cave of Ordeals, is not at my house...but I did contribute an amiibo as a raffle prize!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There's plenty of people who don't like it or like it but have criticisms. I think people just remember people who disagree with them more than people who agree.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

InFlames235 posted:

Every time I've checked into this thread there are a bunch of posts about ARMS sucking. There have been positive posts, too, but it seemed like more people were saying it sucked.

cant blame you for glossing over the nintendo apologist white noise

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

stealing roms is actually cool and good because it lets me pretend that i am using nintendo's service that gives me access to large libraries of their old games for $11.99 a month but i don't have to wait until they get around to letting me give them money

not to mention they run better and come with 10x the options when not provided through an official source

the gap in quality between the "free" stuff and paid content within the world of retro gaming is laughably absurd, they're basically begging for people to give them the bird and circumvent their services

the hand-wringing over the NES classic was a fantastic recent example of this, the demand for retro games has been there for decades and decades, yet not a single company has ever offered an elegant solution like ever so gently caress em

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They just need Netflix the poo poo out of old games once and for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Switch is the first Nintendo console I've ever owned, so I'm kinda excited about the prospect of VC.

• Locked thread