Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lich. regardless of what she calls herself, that's a lich.

No, this is a lich:

Rita doesn't even have a single skull, she can't be a lich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Never heard of a lich turning people into zombies by biting then, and being turned undead by being bitten.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol you don't know poo poo about liches.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

do not gently caress the lich

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Rita doesn't even have a single skull, she can't be a lich.

It's what's inside that counts.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Liches ain't poo poo but skulls and tricks.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

No phylactery, no lichdom.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

is it the part where people turn into zombies when she bites them, or her lack of a phylactery, that makes her more of a lich?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one, how would you know what happens when a lich bites someone? two, who goes around talking about their phylactery?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

two, who goes around talking about their phylactery?

nouveau liche

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Your phylactery is like your rear end in a top hat, you don't just show it to people!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe you don't

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Clarste posted:

It's what's inside that counts.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's about what you don't have inside you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ainz can't have sex or produce an heir because he's a skeleton elder lich. How's he going to solve that conundrum as Albedo's dearly beloved?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This line of thinking went well in the first Madoka thread

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
excuse me, this is a lich

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Liches get stitches

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
A lich:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

excuse me, this is a lich

A good lich.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Re:Creators confirmed to be killing characters off now. Considering I specifically said a few eps in "this is kinda neat, but I hope these characters don't start dying off," that's probably a drop for me. Alas.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Re:Creators confirmed to be killing characters off now. Considering I specifically said a few eps in "this is kinda neat, but I hope these characters don't start dying off," that's probably a drop for me. Alas.
As long as it doesn't devolve into guilty crown bullshit, it should be fine.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 3, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a bad show

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

dogsicle posted:

it's a bad show

I dropped it halfway through, the theory rambling from just one character was too much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

it's a bad show

Yeah, I'm out too. I've been waiting for the show to become what I wanted it to be based on the first two episodes, but it's more than a third of the way through now and the show is what it is. Which is bad.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I knew it was gonna be bad, which is why I didn't watch it.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
It was bad 5 weeks ago when they decided to dedicate like 3 episodes to flatly delivered exposition. At this point I think I'm watching just to see what the weird shark teeth lady does next.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I knew it was gonna be bad, which is why I didn't watch it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lots of people on my twitter feed seem to love sharkteeth, but fuuuuuck I couldn't stand her. She's not even doing that much actual evil poo poo, more just standing around and invincibly mocking everyone when bad things happen.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Show seems fine I don't know what you were expecting to be this harsh on it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

Better pacing, lighter tone, more compelling villains.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a battle royale with a lot of murder, which apparently took 8 episodes of terrible exposition to get to

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
She's a villain who spends every moment hamming it up and actually trying to instigate conflict between the characters, unlike Altair who has spent 90% of her time off camera I guess?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it's maaya sakamoto playing a hammy murderer trying to stir poo poo up. what's not to love

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

i expected things to happen that would lead to interesting character building

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kater posted:

I was expecting it to be about the characters interacting with the real world, their realization that they're fictional, how their fictional origin clashed with the real world, stuff like that. Like in the second episode when the magical girl immediately gets in a fight because she doesn't have a frame of reference for some being opposed to her not being a villain. That was great.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dudermcbrohan posted:

it's maaya sakamoto playing a hammy murderer trying to stir poo poo up. what's not to love

That she has precisely one dimension, doesn't feel as smart to me as the show seems to want me to think that she is, and isn't really a very clear or interesting foil to any of the characters I actually like or want to root for. The show as a whole is falling to the trap where most of the conflict is arising from characters making and clinging to dubious assumptions for dear life - which would be more forgivable if the show hadn't just established that this can and will get characters I like killed.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 3, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blank Construct posted:

She's a villain who spends every moment hamming it up and actually trying to instigate conflict between the characters, unlike Altair who has spent 90% of her time off camera I guess?

I'd rather see whatever show she originally popped out of honestly.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The song that plays during fight scenes is really cool

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Hiroyuki Sawano is swinging for the fences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I haven't seen this week of recreators yet, since I am away from home, but I have been enjoying the show as well. Protagonist is a tad frustrating in his reticence to tell everyone else what he knows, but it's got interesting fights and interesting characters with interesting motives, and that's most of what I could possibly ask of it.

Like I said a couple pages back, the show will be completely redeemed for me if Mecchin is an antagonist who has been manipulating the party this whole time.

• Locked thread