Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mulderman posted:

All I want is for Acnologia to come back, but for Ichiya to stay dead.

Swap those names or get out of my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Mulderman posted:

Must be difficult to be this incredibly wrong.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mulderman posted:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mulderman posted:

what the gently caress

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I like Ichiya and think Acnologia is a boring villain but I agree with him. The comic is almost over and Ichiya coming back can't really offer anything he hasn't already done. Him staying dead at least gives some weight to his actions and events in general. Conversely, Acnologia's defeat feels too sudden and anti climactic. Bringing him back is unlikely to make him any more interesting or entertaining, but it might at least give Natsu and other characters a chance to be.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

tsob posted:

Him staying dead at least gives some weight to his actions and events in general.

This is exactly why he should come back

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tsob posted:

I like Ichiya and think Acnologia is a boring villain but I agree with him. The comic is almost over and Ichiya coming back can't really offer anything he hasn't already done. Him staying dead at least gives some weight to his actions and events in general. Conversely, Acnologia's defeat feels too sudden and anti climactic. Bringing him back is unlikely to make him any more interesting or entertaining, but it might at least give Natsu and other characters a chance to be.

that crack in the sky at the end absolutely means acnologia is coming back. then they'll fight him for a couple chapters and wrap things up

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Manatee Cannon posted:

that crack in the sky at the end absolutely means acnologia is coming back. then they'll fight him for a couple chapters and wrap things up

It's a crack in the sky by Wendy, obviously it means we're bringing everyone back to life and the dragons are back. That's where Natsu is, getting a burger with Igneel.

Edit:
If Mashima wanted to end it right, the last 8 chapters would be nothing but rad dragons.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
My bet is Acnologia basically yells uses a breath attack to force his way out of the hyperbolic time chamber rifts of time, which also allows Ichiya to escape.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Gyges posted:

Edit:
If Mashima wanted to end it right, the last 8 chapters would be nothing but rad titties.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Mashima ending: Tits and dragons.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Angry Lobster posted:

Tits and dragons.
Could almost be the manga's title if there were more dragons

Maybe it'll be his next series

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Lobster posted:

A shameful slight to all the rear end. It's the third leg of the Fairy Tale stool.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Surprisingly Mashima didn't put any tits on dragons.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Angry Lobster posted:

Just wait till he introduces the dragon of tits, Fanservicea.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

tsob posted:

Just wait till he introduces the dragon of tits, Fanservicea.

I can't believe Irene is going to revive and do a redemption angle in the last chapters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A better conclusion to the story arc with Irene and Erza wouldn't hurt, to be honest.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Oh. It's been a few weeks since I last read Fairy Tale.. Let's see how....

:yikes:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

539 is up

lol of course Natsu isn't dead

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At least it kind of makes sense, if you squint, that this happened.

Next chapter it turns out Zeref and The 1st didn't get taken to heaven, they got sucked into the Ravines of Time with the dragon slayers.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Someone cure my fairy tail amnesia here:

Isn't Laxus like a fake dragon slayer or something? What is he doing with everyone else? I don't remember how all of that stuff worked.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hopeford posted:

Isn't Laxus like a fake dragon slayer or something? What is he doing with everyone else? I don't remember how all of that stuff worked.

Sort of. Instead of being taught by a dragon, he had a Dragon Slayer Lacrima inserted in his body (don't ask me where Dragon Slayer Lacrima come from). Eric/Cobra also became a Dragon Slayer this way. God Serena underwent a similar process, but instead of one Lacrima, he had eight, allowing him to use eight different elements. Sting and Rogue are "Third-Generation Dragon Slayers" who were taught by dragons and have Lacrima. In terms of powers, though, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hopeford posted:

The author forgot I guess.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I can't believe it will take six more chapters to punch Acnologia to death.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

540 is up

NO ONE EVER DIES!!!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

540 is up

NAKAMA NEVER DIE!!!

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 18, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Also I like how the Ravines of Time went from ultimate unknown destructive force to Magic Brita Filter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot which chapter I left off at.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Crazyeyes posted:

540 is up

NO ONE EVER DIES!!!

Who's stayed dead in this series. I think it's just the dragons, Lucy's parents, and Simon.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crazyeyes posted:

540 is up

NO ONE EVER DIES!!!

To be fair pretty much everything implied it was some kind of alternate dimension and those two wouldn't've died but rather were just stuck inside for eternity.

Which would've been a worse fate if they hadn't been kicked out.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
humble bundle just came out with a massive digital download for Fairy Tale. Fifteen bucks for up to Vol 45 and a few extra side stories; seventeen bucks for a swimsuit issue and booby prizes (seriously)...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fairy-tail-manga-books-bundle

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In Fairy Tail, even the booby prize is a winner, so you don't need to despair over not getting the booty.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

541 coming at ya

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Has any reason been given as to why Acnologia wants to destroy everything? Or is he just doing this because why not?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean, it's Fairy Tail, so usual caveats... But it is implied that he fought in a genocidal war and the reward was mistreatment and mental illness from being a dragon slayer. Except he is the biggest, baddest cannibal dragon slayer so I assume he's got it real bad.

Or maybe he used to drive magical race cars before the war and the vertigo from his dragon slayerism forced him into early retirement, at which point his harem of buxom lasses rejected him. It's Fairy Tail after all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kuroyama posted:

Has any reason been given as to why Acnologia wants to destroy everything? Or is he just doing this because why not?

A dragon killed the lady with the rockingest titties and tightest rear end in the world, so he killed all the dragons. He's spent centuries looking, but the world just isn't worthy of existing without dem titties and dat rear end, so he's going to raze it all to the ground.

Just as everything seems lost, Lucy's cloths will be destroyed and he'll be distracted by them perfect globes and that pert peach. Turns out the babe he's killing the world over is yet another one of Lucy's ancestors who looks almost the same as her. Those Heartfilia genes are unstoppable.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

A dragon killed the lady with the rockingest titties and tightest rear end in the world, so he killed all the dragons. He's spent centuries looking, but the world just isn't worthy of existing without dem titties and dat rear end, so he's going to raze it all to the ground.

Just as everything seems lost, Lucy's cloths will be destroyed and he'll be distracted by them perfect globes and that pert peach. Turns out the babe he's killing the world over is yet another one of Lucy's ancestors who looks almost the same as her. Those Heartfilia genes are unstoppable.

I'm okay with this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to be very disappointed if there is not a panel of Acnologia puking upon landing on a boat.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's almost certainly going to turn out dragon Acnologia doesn't get motion sickness because the dragon slayer part is off duking it out with the other dragon slayers in the rifts of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

It's almost certainly going to turn out dragon Acnologia doesn't get motion sickness because the dragon slayer part is off duking it out with the other dragon slayers in the rifts of time.

Alternately, both get sick because that would be funnier.

• Locked thread