Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Sloober posted:

I don't recall the name since its been a bit but yeah the orby collection critters from r'lyehs gate get magic when commanderized

Vastness, yeah, they have astral. I just wasn't sure if they were summoned in as units or commanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Cerebral Bore posted:

There are a few troops that do, but IIRC those are all high-end summons.

Hah, I can't think of tarts or vastnesses as troops and not commanders because they get GoR'd so fast.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Regen only fails on lifeless undead.

I could have sworn I've tossed Rings of Regeneration on Wraith Lords in the past and watched them not, in fact, regenerate, but maybe I'm just misremembering.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Isn't there "limited regen" which is different to "regen"?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Many thanks for the explanation! Is there any reason you wouldn't want to put some awe gear on an SC?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

TravelLog posted:

Many thanks for the explanation! Is there any reason you wouldn't want to put some awe gear on an SC?

A lot of endgame units can ignore it. It's great for clearing chaff, but by the time you're gearing up an SC that SC is more or less immune to chaff anyway.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Awe gear is great on thugs in the midgame when you're fighting regular troops, but limited on SCs when you have to hack through 7000 skeletons you wish you had vine shield or fire shield. It's still of some use though, it just depends on path access, gems, and who you're fighting.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Oh boy, this weekend brings the updates! I have been following this since page 1, and it got me to buy the game. NOT newb friendly. But I still like this LP.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

drill press corps posted:

Oh boy, this weekend brings the updates! I have been following this since page 1, and it got me to buy the game. NOT newb friendly. But I still like this LP.

Updates (multiple!) resume Saturday afternoon!

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

drill press corps posted:

Best way to learn this game is to play with some pros and let them know you don't know what you're doing before the game is set up, it depends on the group I suppose but somebody should be more than happy to help you out, and after enough games you'll get the rest down, at least for whatever faction you've been favoring. (At least that's my 0.02$)

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016

How are u posted:

:dance: yes I want to see how this ends.

Baron-of-hell fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 2, 2017

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Also, thanks to Germany having an official holiday on Monday, I finally have enough time to deal with my LPs again. So this means multiple video updates for this thread, too!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Libluini posted:

Also, thanks to Germany having an official holiday on Monday, I finally have enough time to deal with my LPs again. So this means multiple video updates for this thread, too!

Monday is for sleeping off der Karneval der Kulturen, my friend!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 97

Turn 97 begins with…wait…what happened to turn 97??

Turn 97 does not exist, turn 97 vanished into the ether. What really happened was that for the very first time in this LP I flubbed up, and I mismanaged my time to the point that I forgot how much time was left before the game turned and I never took the time to document and write-up turn 97. I did -play- the turn (the first thing I do is fully play the current game turn, then go back and write it up the following day), but there’s no record of it. For this I am very sorry!

Thankfully, turn 97 wasn’t a momentous or game-changing turn. We ping’d some Pangaean forts, stormed one or two others, and reinforced our siege of Bogarus’ fort in The Forgotten Woods. The most important thing that happened in turn 97 was that we successfully made the Seraph that we wished for a commander via Gift of Reason. I named him Kushiel, after a Hebrew Angel of Punishment, and I set him to cast a 700 Pearl Wrath of God. We’re stealing the -gently caress- out of that global.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

How are u posted:

Turn 97

Turn 97 begins with…wait…what happened to turn 97??

Turn 97 does not exist, turn 97 vanished into the ether. What really happened was that for the very first time in this LP I flubbed up, and I mismanaged my time to the point that I forgot how much time was left before the game turned and I never took the time to document and write-up turn 97. I did -play- the turn (the first thing I do is fully play the current game turn, then go back and write it up the following day), but there’s no record of it. For this I am very sorry!

Thankfully, turn 97 wasn’t a momentous or game-changing turn. We ping’d some Pangaean forts, stormed one or two others, and reinforced our siege of Bogarus’ fort in The Forgotten Woods. The most important thing that happened in turn 97 was that we successfully made the Seraph that we wished for a commander via Gift of Reason. I named him Kushiel, after a Hebrew Angel of Punishment, and I set him to cast a 700 Pearl Wrath of God. We’re stealing the -gently caress- out of that global.

can you prove i didn't win on turn 97

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

I think MSPaint image would be proof enough.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ramc posted:

Fake news!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ramc posted:

A strong play in the metagame by Ramc.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 98

Turn 98 begins with the completion of our magical Research. We hit Construction 9, and now we have access to every magical spell and ability in the game. True, limitless power is at our fingertips, if we can only find a way to use it.

Kushiel casts The Wrath of God, and it goes off without a hitch:

Turnabout is fair play.

We’ve just stolen that loving annoying spell with a monstrous over-cast. The only nation with the income (gems or blood slaves) to even try and get rid of it is Bogarus, and he’s being squeezed to such an extent that I suspect he’ll never get the chance.

We essentially liquidated our supply of Pearls with that cast, so we are going to have to slowly rebuild our stockpile over the short term. As we do that we will be empowering Kushiel in two more levels of Astral in order to reach S9. He will become our new Wish caster.

Let’s take a look at the Global Enchantment screen:

There’s our new Wrath of God, along with our Nexus. What’s this? Somehow Pangaea’s Enchanted Forest went down! I’m genuinely unsure what could have caused that. I have no idea where the caster of that global was hiding, so it could have been anything from a Wrath of God lightning bolt to a Horror Seed popping to anything else. Regardless, the free global slot is -noted-.

One of the messages of the turn lets us know that one of our Isacharrite Sybls has drowned :( . Remember like 50 turns ago when I sent a single Sybl underwater to engage with the event chain tied to the magical site Eye Pebble Beach? Well, I took away her Pills of Water Breathing and gave them to Sabba, whom I sent underwater last turn. The unfortunate Sybl drowned this turn... but :effort: I sent Sabba underwater because sometimes being underwater offers protection against things that might get you on land. I don’t actually know if it offers any protection against Horrors, but I’m just going to stash her in Alluvia all the same, hoping to prolong against the day she dies and our Arcane Nexus dies with her.

Life is better down where it's wetter (if you're a Astral 9 mage hoping to hide from Horrors)!

The Magic phase of the turn ends with a couple of battles involving Horrors we flung at Bogarus. Last turn we scouted a couple of Bogarussian provinces without forts that had some troops inside. Horrors were sent.

One province had a Bane Lord thug:

And now it doesn't!

The other a cadre of simple infantry:

Cosmic.

Speaking of Horrors, one of our poor Isacharrite Sages demonstrated the way in which a Horror Mark means unavoidable death. Recall that we’d kitted our dozens of Sages with Lightless Lanterns, cheap research boosting items with the chance to apply Horror Marks upon the bearer. That was dozens and dozens of turns ago, so many of the old men have been marked up pretty thick by now:

The rate at which Horror Marks accumulate is, as far as I know, a complete mystery. This guy, though, has been holding a Lantern for dozens and dozens of turns.

And here are the cosmic aggressors, Brass Claw Horrors, a type of Lesser Horror:

Nasty business!

There are a few actual battles we fight this turn. First we storm Pangaea’s fort in the wasteland province of Khaz Dupar. The dozen or so Dryads inside stand no chance:

:drac:

Then we storm the fortress in the swamp province of The Sinks, adjacent to Xibalba. This fort is much more heavily defended, and includes one of the Queens of Elemental Air:

A tremendous horde of powerful centaur cavalry make up the bulk of the troops.

You can cause some serious damage with an A7 caster.

Thuella is a nasty customer and an extremely powerful battle-mage. However, seeing as Pangaea is staling his turns, Thuella is unscripted, carries no gems, and a complete waste of potential. Our army of Vampires, Golems, and Se’irim charge screaming into the breech:

New Model Army, advance!

The Imps generated by our Golems each round fly ahead of the Se’irim and clog up the Pangaean cataphracts, keeping the important gate bottleneck clear for our goats:

Puny Imps sacrifice their lives by the score, but they hold the centaur long enough for...

:killing:

Once our demons are inside things quickly go south for the beast-men, and we lose fewer than 10 Se’irim.

Here’s the message you get when you -own- the Wrath of God:

The final message of the turn let’s us know that we got another hero!

!

Oh, right.

We’ve already encountered the one true hero that Gath gets. Hooray for our second lovely H2 multi-hero. I think he’s arrived like 90 turns after the first. Way to show up in a timely manner, friend!

So, what’s are our plans for the next turn? In the East we’re storming the Pangaean fort in Chybia, and we’re attacking a few other provinces. Our advance continues, uncontested:

Sucks that Pangaea is staling, but we will aggressively eat everything possible.

In the North West we are storming Pan’s fortress in The Promised Land, and preparing to storm the fortress in Stinging Swamp. The siege force in Stinging Swamp is made up of a bunch of our Sacred infantry, but they have no Kohen Gadol to cast Divine Blessing.

Equal aggression to the West.

Rather than wait a few turns to get a spare Kohen Gadol over there I remembered that our Seraph has a strategic map move value of 7, which is insane, so he’s flying over this turn to do the honors. Sometimes its nice to be demi-godlike celestial being.

Observe a truly astonishing degree of strategic flexibility.

Our sieging force on Bogarus’ province of The Forgotten Woods remains in place, breaking down walls.

Sieges continue in Bogarus' core, cap-circle provinces.

We’ve sent some reinforcements as well, because…

:eyepop:

This poo poo is sitting to the south. Last turn, turn 97, the turn lost to time, we saw that this insane doom-stack of death was sitting on Bogarus’ capitol. Now it’s moved one step closer to our lines. I spoke with Ramc on IRC and demanded that he stop such perfidious, aggressive action. His response indicated that he was hoping to catch our forces in a defensive trap in Escuania, where we in fact (luckily) did not attack.

Ramc also tried to appeal to our sense of honor and gamesmanship and basically requested that we attack his doom-stack, engaging in one titanic battle to usher in the next phase of his losing war.

gently caress. That.

We’ll dismantle that doom-stack, for sure, but I am not going to commit the amount of forces required to defeat it 1) when I have NO idea what’s inside it and 2) when I don’t have candles in the province (because most of our power lies in Vampires here). Ramc asked us to be sporting and not send a single mage to ping the province, and I told him I wouldn’t.

Instead, I gathered every capable caster in the Western portion of our Empire, and we’re going to sling 7 Greater Horrors at that army next turn. If Ramc has the army patrolling, then they’re going to get hit head-on. Seven Greater Horrors is enough to kill just about any standard-rules Dom 4 army that’s not specifically tailored to kill SCs, so I’m extremely interested to see what happens. I truly wish I had double that amount to send, but we’ll make do with what we have. Let’s just call it a really, really big ping.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh man, I look forward to the fight against that army. 590 dudes scripted by Ramc could do some serious damage and be a real danger, rather than a roadbump.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
"Hmm. Still too many units for an Armageddon. Let's see if I can send this giant-rear end doomstack into a meatgrinder and... drat! Howareu didn't attack there. Hmm. Maybe I can get him to attack it with a doomstack of his own and get the unit totals closer to the Armageddon Point." --Ramc, probably

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I can only hope that someone is summoning swarms of poo poo units to gunk up the mechanisms of armageddon which is a very dominions thing to do. Also a possibly great use for cross-breeding?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This does suggest that a freespawn blood nation would be the most powerful possible.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How are u posted:

Ramc also tried to appeal to our sense of honor and gamesmanship and basically requested that we attack his doom-stack, engaging in one titanic battle to usher in the next phase of his losing war.

gently caress. That.

Look at this unbelievable coward.

Green Intern posted:

A strong play in the metagame by Ramc.

It is important to remember the game actually ended several turns ago when I cast Armageddon, killing the server, and all of this since has just been the deathbed hallucination of a deeply insane machine brain.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ramc posted:

You say the coward is the one who takes the time to evaluate and plan each and every step before leaping, but I say the true coward is he who retreats to the comforting embrace of emotionally satisfying rage, lashing out without aim or purpose!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 99

Turn 99 begins with casting all of our usual spells. We did cast a couple new ones, though. We summoned a Siege Golem:

It kind of looks like a big, metal Dolf Lundgren.

We’ll probably summon 3 or 4 of these guys to help knock down the walls of Bogarus’ more heavily fortified castles, with an eye towards the capitol itself. We really need to take the cap and cut the head off the snake.

We also started summoning some Vitriols:

These are really interesting medium-high level summons. They require a fairly uncommon cross-path (2W1F) to summon, and are 2 Water gems a pop. However, they’re really beefy, and if you cast some battlefield buffs on them they make primo-blockers. We’re going to set some Enchantresses to auto-summon them as defenders in our fort guarding the Throne of the Pantokrator.

Remember that empty Global slot last turn? Well, The Might of Zionism successfully cast Enchanted Forests! Here’s the global list now:

Enchanted Forests is great for us to have, not for the random vine men attacks but really for the extra boost to Dom-spread. The money crunch brought about by Utterdark has rendered us entirely unable to build Temples, so turning every Forest province on the map into a Temple should really give us a boost.

We hurled a Horror at an unforted Pangaean province, and it got killed by Deer Tribe PD. Man, Horrors are really disappointing sometimes:

:mediocre:

But the main event, what I’m sure both you and I have all been waiting for is to see what happened to the 7(!) Horrors we threw at Bogarus’ gently caress-off sized doomstack! Here’s what manifested:

In the Gath corner...

Four Defilers of Dreams, one Gore Tied Horror, one Mind Slime Horror, and one Greater Horror. That’s some serious loving firepower. Now, to take a look at the army they encountered:

:wtc:

Mages as far as the eye can see! :popeye:

That is hundreds of mages, good lord! Take a look at some of the nasty loving customers I picked out of that crowd:

Aw gently caress.

Bogarussian vampires are present.

Fire buffer here.

High level Water caster for some reason? Why not??!

A Bogarussian hero unit.

Excellent, we were missing a hugely powerful Air mage.

Funnily enough the Bogarussian Pretender God is one of the least threatening units on the entire field.

There a -lot- of high-path mages in this army, easily capable of casting just about every battlefield spell I can think of. As defenders Bogarus gets to go first on round 1, and the mages set to work forming the largest Communion I’ve ever seen in my entire time playing Dominions:

79 Communion Slaves :stwoon:

They also begin to cast battlefield spells and army buffs:

And many more!

Also included are Foul Vapors, Blood Rain, Relief, Serpents Blessing (poison resistance), and more that I missed. Just, loving tons of buffs.

The Horrors jump right into the fray, but, honestly, their actions are entirely inconsequential in this fight:

Uh...attack?

On round 2 Bogarus’ army of mages continues buffing and powering up. When a Communion Master casts Summon Storm Power it affects all of the slaves as well, so you get this badass effect here:

This is about as graphically impressive as Dominions 4 battles get.

Master’d Occultists start hurling Nether Darts at the Horrors, but the Darkness has ruined their Precision so much that they end up blasting dozens of their own chaff to death instead:

Understandable, actually.

Somebody summons up a bunch of tough looking Earth Elementals:

Here’s the best part of the battle, and a demonstration of how unscripted mages can gently caress you up. One of the Occultist Masters apparently had some Blood Slaves on him, and used the opportunity to cast the Blood 5 battlefield spell Bloodletting. Bloodletting does a minor amount of damage to -everyone- on the battlefield. Ol’ Sudislav the Occultist managed to instantly kill a dozen or so Communion Slaves, handfuls of other mages here and there:

Nice job, Sudislav!

One of the dead was an Enchantress who’d cast Phoenix Pyre, a self-buff that causes the caster to explode in a fireball when killed, then resurrects her somewhere else on the battlefield. That went well:

:happyelf:

As sweet as the Bloodletting mishap was, it didn’t slow down the Bogarus death-train one iota. The battlefield buffs continued to roll in, bigger and better. Here’s Fog Warriors:

We're still on battle round #2 :lol:

Also included were Mass Regenerations, Antimagic, Army of Lead, buffs to Cold Resistance, Fire Resistance, Weapons of Sharpness, you loving name it. Astrapelagist Masters blindly hurled Thunder Strikes at the Horrors, more often than not blasting heavy cavalry into bits:

There was so much insane magic being pumped onto the battlefield that by the time round 3 rolled around every last Communion Slave lay dead:

Communions are absolutely amazing...until they're not.

The remaining Horrors didn’t last to round 4, and the battle ended. Here’s the butcher’s bill:

:getin:

We spent 105 Blood Slaves to send 7 Greater Horrors at that army. “We” killed 108 Bogarussian mages, virtually all of them Communion Slaves. That was Pretty. loving. Great.

We didn’t fight Bogarus in any actual battles this turn. We did fight Pangaea, though!

A battle somewhere!

Pangaean armies are swarmed to death by Imps!

Skelespamming our way to victory in some palisade fort.

We took some forts, put others to siege, and we’re continuing to press hard for Pan’s Thrones. We’ve got his Throne province of Mark under siege now, which is excellent. We’ll be storming several more forts next turn.

We're starting to dig deep into Pangaea's soft underbelly.

And we're taking all of Pan's lands in the North. Soon our Empire will envelope the Northern Hemisphere!

We’re also pushing hard to summon 3 Vampire Lords on each side of the Empire each turn to use as replacement PD, since we have no money to buy any for our newly captured provinces. I figure we just put 3 Vampires in each province and they’ll be enough to handle light raiding, event-based attacks, and prevent scout-capping.

We’re going to hit Bogarus’ army with six more Greater Horrors next turn. I don’t expect them to have nearly as much of an impact as this time around (there won’t be such an insanely large Communion), but I sure as poo poo am not going to attack that still incredibly dangerous army until its been paired down a bit. Also we still don’t have candles on it. We also kitted out five Vampire Lords with Blood boosters and they’re going to send Disease Demons at the army, maybe getting lucky and taking out one of the super-boosted, army-buffing mages.

Doom-stack reduced, but not broken.

I feel that right now we are reaching a moment in the game where true Victory could soon be in our grasp. If we can hold onto Caelum’s loyalty for another six, seven, or eight turns we can cut the head off of Bogarus (take cap), capture and secure three of Pangaea’s Thrones, and perhaps even have a few turns to reinforce our position before making the final push for Total Victory. Let’s see how it goes!

e: and just a reminder, if you're reading this LP and have bought Dom4 or become intrigued enough to have purchased it; please do follow the SA private game thread to see when new games are posted. If you enjoyed seeing how communions hosed up spectacularly in this battle then know that there's a very special, communion-focused game or two that will start in the next few days!

How are u fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 4, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
... wow.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
So wrong, and yet so right.

They'll probably lose the war, but that right there is moral victory. Granted, that huge, intricate magical machine would function a little better if it weren't being screwed over by Darkness effects, but there's still no stopping unscripted mages from blowing it all up in the most ridiculous best way possible. Fireworks and partying, hell yeah.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is it possible to put so many units in a province they can't all participate in combat?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that last turn got a rich hearty apocalyptic lol out of me. how would a Gath doomstack fare against that?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The most dangerous thing to a wizard...is another, even less-careful wizard.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ramc posted:

Remember, the ever wise Sun Tzu teaches us, "If the enemy wants you to do a thing, then don't do that thing"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ramc posted:

Here's proof:

:proof:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

that last turn got a rich hearty apocalyptic lol out of me. how would a Gath doomstack fare against that?

It's really hard to tell. If we'd attacked with a medium sized army of Se'irim and Vampire Lords I could see either winning or losing but killing a huge number of the enemy. The question also hinges upon (assuming we attacked in the first place) if we'd also sent those 7 Greater Horrors in ahead of our grand force. The Horrors' attack blew a ton of the Bogarussian's gems, so I think we might have won if we'd followed that magical attack with a real army. On the other hand, if Ramc had spent (a lot of considering this is a silly pixel-man game) time scripting a bunch of those mages it's possible any army we sent could have been annihilated.

If I learned anything in this game it's that Latest-Game Dominions 4 is a battle of wills regarding how much time and energy each party is willing to put into their turn.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Shady Amish Terror posted:

So wrong, and yet so right.

They'll probably lose the war, but that right there is moral victory. Granted, that huge, intricate magical machine would function a little better if it weren't being screwed over by Darkness effects, but there's still no stopping unscripted mages from blowing it all up in the most ridiculous best way possible. Fireworks and partying, hell yeah.

Who is the real loser, here? Me, or the guy who has to actually watch, screenshot, and document 100 wizards casting. Each turn probably took a few minutes even on fast forward.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ramc posted:

Who is the real loser, here? Me, or the guy who has to actually watch, screenshot, and document 100 wizards casting. Each turn probably took a few minutes even on fast forward.
To the best of my Dominions knowledge, the guy who had to script the wizards.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Zereth posted:

To the best of my Dominions knowledge, the guy who had to script the wizards.

:smith:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ramc posted:

Oh I easily spent an hour going through every round of that battle alone, trying to figure out how to document it without taking 20+ screen shots. There's so much you could document, but by turn 99 I just wanted to get enough so that observers could understand the gist of the battle.

It's me, I'm the loser here :(

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How are u posted:

Oh I easily spent an hour going through every round of that battle alone, trying to figure out how to document it without taking 20+ screen shots. There's so much you could document, but by turn 99 I just wanted to get enough so that observers could understand the gist of the battle.

It's me, I'm the loser here :(

you are both heroes and winner's in my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The real winners are us, who didn't have to play this game at all.

• Locked thread