Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Mortis was pretty awesome too from one of the later seasons, got flipped over by a wedge, used it's own hydraulic axe to catapult itself back over onto it's wheels! :black101:

Mortis: What is my purpose?
Tech guy: To do cool flips.
Mortis: ...Oh my god!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, it's one thing to say wedges and wedges alone are boring, but it isn't like you can feasibly make a giant walker or robot boxer in a competition like that. Everything's going to be some manner of wedge or box with a fighty bit on it just by the nature of those competitions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rickmobile is comin, and it's comin strong. Ya'll made it to Denver!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Disappointed there's no love for the hero of the last season of Battlebots, Minotaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbAcwYix7I

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

underage at the vape shop posted:

That being said, Razor from the original British TV series owned.

Look at this guy. Chaos 2 was always my favourite as a kid but it was just a wedge.

Guy who made Chaos 2 had the squeakiest voice, ever.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Bee posted:

Yeah, it's one thing to say wedges and wedges alone are boring, but it isn't like you can feasibly make a giant walker or robot boxer in a competition like that. Everything's going to be some manner of wedge or box with a fighty bit on it just by the nature of those competitions.

I beg to differ sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7u86OyC_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El8ne4zSCY0

http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/Mechadon
http://battlebots.wikia.com/wiki/Snake

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 1, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Those are incredibly badass and I love them, but also they both seemed to lose pretty decisively and consistently. I wish there was a competition entirely for giant monstrosities like these, though.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Bee posted:

Those are incredibly badass and I love them, but also they both seemed to lose pretty decisively and consistently. I wish there was a competition entirely for giant monstrosities like these, though.

Oh yeah they lost horribly but they were fuckin inspired

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
normally I'd be a little down on the massive derail but there is no current season of battle bots, robot wars or rick and morty and the misery of this reality is slowly crushing my soul.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0Yn1fqugg

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jcPZljj48M

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Bee posted:

Yeah that's the thing. Good robot wars need to have rules banning the wedges. Needs to be at least X tall or something.

Motherfucker posted:

normally I'd be a little down on the massive derail but there is no current season of battle bots, robot wars or rick and morty and the misery of this reality is slowly crushing my soul.

Same with us bro

gently caress when is the new season dropping? Its the summer already! The leaked episode was so long ago :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Once again, it was cancelled.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

CelticPredator posted:

Once again, it was cancelled.

Once again? I don't remember that being mentioned before. Is there are source or anything for that? All I could find was a joke tweet from back in March.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I feel like every time people ask when the new season will come out, the response should always be "it was cancelled"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I feel like every time people ask when the new season will come out, the response should always be "it was cancelled"

Huh? Why?

Rumors have been pointing at July, but nothing solid

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
As far as I know, they haven't filmed season 3, and season 2 had about 2 months between filming and airing

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

We already have a very good response to that question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKDDrKv-qM

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That works too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i cancelled it, sorry guys

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The Glumslinger posted:

As far as I know, they haven't filmed season 3, and season 2 had about 2 months between filming and airing

Shooting on location for most episodes must be a huge pain. :v:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Anticheese posted:

Shooting on location for most episodes must be a huge pain. :v:

I thought we were still talking about Battle Bots :shobon:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Oh drat. I didn't realize that. Whoops! :shobon:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Yeah anything competitive is going to be ruled by the joyless fucks who are at the top

Have you seen video games the last few years?

If this actually happens, it's because the rules of the game were poo poo to begin with.

Although the more likely scenario is that high-level play is actually very fun and interesting and it's just not immediately obvious to a naive observer. :shrug:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If this actually happens, it's because the rules of the game were poo poo to begin with.

Although the more likely scenario is that high-level play is actually very fun and interesting and it's just not immediately obvious to a naive observer. :shrug:

no because competitive poo poo just doesnt make for fun gameplay. you cant goof around and have fun in league of legends like you can in battlefield because if you do that you'll very quickly just get killed every time you spawn and it will be poo poo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

no because competitive poo poo just doesnt make for fun gameplay.

actually, it does

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

actually, it does

yeah so you're a joyless gently caress

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

competitive gaming can be fun, but only as an emergent behavior. Every single game developed with high level competition in mind has been gutter trash of the highest order with no exceptions.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

yeah so you're a joyless gently caress

No, you're just really ignorant, and probably traumatized by bad games given that you cited LoL as an example. :shobon:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Tombstone was loving robbed

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
In general a lot of the most well known MOBA type games are in an odd design space due to long respawn times, high dependency on teammates for your individual success, and a gameplay style that relies a lot on knowing roles and rules a newcomer might have no idea about.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

These toys are alright

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CelticPredator posted:

These toys are alright

I dunno; those eye-dots look rather circular. :thunk:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They are not anuses, sadly. But blotchy dots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So I went to the Rickmobile. It was fun despite being kind of a waste of time. I got there 2 hours early and already the line was well formed. I got there at 4, and I think I got my stuff around 7:40 or so.

By the time I got to the store, there was pretty much nothing good. Just plushies, Pop's, some shirts and those Squnchy Grow toys. I ended up getting a couple of those because that was the only thing I hadn't seen in the stores. Kinda wanted that backpack though.

There must've been over a thousand people there, and the line went around the block. It was kind of crazy actually, like a Rick and Morty convention. I don't know if it's worth it though if you're not interested in the experience of being around a thousand Rick and Morty fans and a cool looking car. If you want something, then uh, maybe Ebay might be your best bet. Unless you want to get there way early.

EDIT: Also, they barely had much from the get go. They only had the backpack, towel, grow toy, monopoly, meeseeks game, pool toy, pops, plushies, socks and shirts.

So all that cool poo poo like the ship, lil meeseeks dance tube man, the mini rickmobile, were completely gone.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jun 6, 2017

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

prefect posted:

I dunno; those eye-dots look rather circular. :thunk:

I'm fairly certain that's just the low resolution. If you zoom in they don't look super circular.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CelticPredator posted:

EDIT: Also, they barely had much from the get go. They only had the backpack, towel, grow toy, monopoly, meeseeks game, pool toy, pops, plushies, socks and shirts.

So all that cool poo poo like the ship, lil meeseeks dance tube man, the mini rickmobile, were completely gone.

This seems to be every experience I've seen so far. People waiting in a long line and then they get to the front to see nothing interesting is available. I guess it's a good PR campaign for Rick and Morty but they should just sell the stuff online. If they aren't even resupplying their van, I guess it's not worth going there when it gets to my areal

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

So I went to the Rickmobile. It was fun despite being kind of a waste of time. I got there 2 hours early and already the line was well formed. I got there at 4, and I think I got my stuff around 7:40 or so.

By the time I got to the store, there was pretty much nothing good. Just plushies, Pop's, some shirts and those Squnchy Grow toys. I ended up getting a couple of those because that was the only thing I hadn't seen in the stores. Kinda wanted that backpack though.

There must've been over a thousand people there, and the line went around the block. It was kind of crazy actually, like a Rick and Morty convention. I don't know if it's worth it though if you're not interested in the experience of being around a thousand Rick and Morty fans and a cool looking car. If you want something, then uh, maybe Ebay might be your best bet. Unless you want to get there way early.

Don't worry, you'll probably be able to buy that backpack online later.

It might take a few months for them to start selling that stuff officially instead of out of a truck, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen eventually.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

This seems to be every experience I've seen so far. People waiting in a long line and then they get to the front to see nothing interesting is available. I guess it's a good PR campaign for Rick and Morty but they should just sell the stuff online. If they aren't even resupplying their van, I guess it's not worth going there when it gets to my areal

They are definitely resupplying it, otherwise they would have been out of stock after Atlanta.

I'm just happy I was able to get plushes last week. I wasn't too interested in any of the other merch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm interested in those action figures for sure though.