Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Cuntellectual posted:

Who is that? Uther?

I think it's Greymane. It's funny because... metal detector... werewolfs... silver...????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GenericOverusedName posted:

I was playing QM and got grouped with an absolutely terrifying Zul'jin who went full axe build and guillotine. He landed every single one, it was amazing. I have no idea how he managed to do it, not like we had a bunch of CC or anything.

On the offchance it was me, lots of practice!

Nobody badda.

p-hop posted:

I think it's Greymane. It's funny because... metal detector... werewolfs... silver...????

There's one problem with that... :v:

Uther's hair might be grey in hots too though, I don't really remember.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://clips.twitch.tv/FilthyFlaccidAlpacaMau5

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I thought the metal detector was Raynor.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Comedy aside, this is the definition of overchase, as well as some exceptional bodyblocking work from Anub'arak, and also a great example of why you target Morales first.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

EdRush posted:

I'd like to see Aya Blackpaw (or someone similiar) with some kind of Jade Golem mechanic that gets stronger as the game goes on. They empower her attacks somehow or ideally they're little summons that get stronger the more of them you have called in, but the devs have said they are moving away from summoner characters.

I would also imagine they will do Garrosh at some point in the future with some kind of weapon switching mechanic. He must have the Fiery War Axe.

Maybe the summons can just do 4% more damage per level you gain. That'd be pretty cool.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

beejay posted:

If you have friends at a company and they give you non public info don't make the info public. Just a tip.

Edit: I played with tcjimbo once in like beta and he was making GBS threads on my hotslog mmr before the game even started. That was enough for me. I didn't even say anything I just joined the party and readied up.

I'm really curious what prompted that first comment now.

BrianBoitano posted:

Reaper from OW incoming

e: I hope not. Kinda boring probably.

I hope the StarCraft reaper gets in before OW Reaper.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

I hope the StarCraft reaper gets in before OW Reaper.

I'd rather see a SC reaper skin for Valla. Muradin's SC skin turned out cool.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm really curious what prompted that first comment now.

Some guy posted Tychus' "true internal" winrate that his friend from Blizzard gave him and insinuated he had more info and then people privately tracked him down and tried to find out the rest of it and he got upset. I find it unlikely the guy who gave it to him a) should have given it to him and b) wanted him to tell the world.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it's dope to mete out inside information to win arguments/get attention but refuse to share it otherwise

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Coolness Averted posted:

Almost all the junk they're adding is sprays

Did... did you watch the In Development video :psyduck:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

e; nvm

Kith fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 3, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

chumbler posted:

I'd rather see a SC reaper skin for Valla. Muradin's SC skin turned out cool.

Valla sucks, though.

BrianBoitano posted:

Did... did you watch the In Development video :psyduck:

Most of the things are still sprays!

stay depressed posted:

it's dope to mete out inside information to win arguments/get attention but refuse to share it otherwise

His uncle works at nintendo I'll have you know.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Cuntellectual posted:

Who is that? Uther?

Yeah, there's nobody in the game with a beam attack, turrets, teleport gates, or shielding, after all! :v:

Her rolling shield is the unique thing. Literally every other character has stuff with equivalencies other than Junkrat's tire.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Most of the things are still sprays!
Not really, unless you're counting all skin/mount colour variations as only "one thing" for some reason. Because there's like ten Tychus skins and ten surfboards and that's already more than the number of sprays in the video.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

p-hop posted:

Nah, they showed a greymane spray where he's in doggo form grabbing a frizbee. It looks like uther to me.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

stay depressed posted:

I don't actually care about sharing the extra stuff I know/have been told, but the vast majority of it is trivia that won't really matter to you unless you're familiar with the Galaxy Editor or you're interested in scrapped content. I only know a handful of "real" winrates (and even then they're not too far off from what HOTSlogs shows) and the only reason I brought it up was because I didn't think it would turn into "a thing" - I was just trying to share something y'all would find neat.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Nah, they showed a greymane spray where he's in doggo form grabbing a frizbee. It looks like uther to me.

It's Uther. He even has little cross decals all over his shirt.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Valeera might as well be a Hearthstone hero, I played WoW for thousands of hours across a decade and had no idea who she was until Hearthstone.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Tender Bender posted:

Valeera might as well be a Hearthstone hero, I played WoW for thousands of hours across a decade and had no idea who she was until Hearthstone.

Probably for sex appeal. Just look at the outfit she's wearing. Plus Jaina would be the only female character in HS otherwise. I don't know who else they would put in as the rogue representative but WoW is such a poorly written kitchen sink that it's hard to pay attention to stuff like that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Get Innocuous! posted:

Probably for sex appeal. Just look at the outfit she's wearing. Plus Jaina would be the only female character in HS otherwise. I don't know who else they would put in as the rogue representative but WoW is such a poorly written kitchen sink that it's hard to pay attention to stuff like that.

Garona! That would be too many orcs though.

And I didn't mean that as a criticism, just... Never heard of her. I still don't know who she is. She's not even as big a name as Rexxar.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tender Bender posted:

She's from the very bad WoW comic and had a few cameos. She's a part of the rogue stuff in Legion now (probably because of Hearthstone).

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

Get Innocuous! posted:

Plus Jaina would be the only female character in HS otherwise.

That was true for a while, but I think Tyrande and Maiev are in HS now. Actually, I'm not sure about Maiev, but I'm positive about Tyrande since Twitch gave her to me for free.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Liadrin also got added.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Valeria also has an action figure. So does Rehgar

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I have no doubt that Pantsless Elf's action figure sold depressingly well.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

bio347 posted:

Not really, unless you're counting all skin/mount colour variations as only "one thing" for some reason.

Yeah. Even counting each skin and mount only once instead of 4 times, that's 11 new big things. Hero, New hero skin, 7 old hero skins, 2 mounts. Many of them are hype as hell.

So yeah, saving up loot chests makes sense to me.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Valeria also has an action figure. So does Rehgar

I figured Valeera was entirely from Hearthstone and Rehgar was just a named orc shaman for the sake of HotS.
Are any of the Diablo characters "from" something or are they just made up instead of having generic Witch Doctor or Amazon characters?
Some of the Starcraft ones like Lt Morales are just made up for HotS right?

I almost have enough gold to buy Zeratul. I gotta get him for when that awesome new skin comes out.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

She's from the very bad WoW comic and had a few cameos. She's a part of the rogue stuff in Legion now (probably because of Hearthstone).

Yikes. Maybe we'll see Medan one day :v:

p-hop posted:

Are any of the Diablo characters "from" something or are they just made up instead of having generic Witch Doctor or Amazon characters?

I don't think so, maybe from the books but I think they were basically unofficial? I remember reading one in high school about a cursed suit of armor that was blatantly just a random fantasy story with the name of a D2 set slapped on the armor and an epilogue where Diablo is like "bwahaha you failed me" to the villain.

It's weird that the male barb is the closest any of the classes come to actually being a character and they went with the female barb for Heroes.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Tender Bender posted:

Yikes. Maybe we'll see Medan one day :v:

I'd actually kind of like to see him in HotS, just to see what kind of absurd kit he'd have since he's cross-classed like three classes.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

p-hop posted:

Li-Ming and Valla, particularly, are from Blizzard's short stories for the D3 characters. The rest of the Diablo series PCs are just names and personalities transplanted onto the generic character.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

p-hop posted:

For the most part they closely follow their characterizations in D3 but they were never specific named characters until HotS. This is further complicated by some loot in D3 later being named after the class heroes in HotS (Johanna's Argument, Valla's Bequest, etc.).

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

exquisite tea posted:

For the most part they closely follow their characterizations in D3 but they were never specific named characters until HotS. This is further complicated by some loot in D3 later being named after the class heroes in HotS (Johanna's Argument, Valla's Bequest, etc.).

If you click on Johanna enough she talks about how she has the same name as her master, and when she gets an apprentice they'll take up the name Johanna.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kabraxis posted:

That was true for a while, but I think Tyrande and Maiev are in HS now. Actually, I'm not sure about Maiev, but I'm positive about Tyrande since Twitch gave her to me for free.

Maiev's in.

Also, you can't prove the shaman murloc isn't female.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

p-hop posted:

Yeah, Diablo

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Hearthstone is a thing people actually give a poo poo about? :confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

p-hop posted:

Aren't Butcher, Diablo, Leoric, Tyrael, Auriel, Azmodan, and Malthael all actual characters and not just representations of the classes?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If they add a hearthstone character it should be Han'cho not that loser Aya

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Finja the Flying Star :colbert:

fake edit: AYE'M IN CHARRRRGE NOW

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Finja the Flying Star :colbert:

fake edit: AYE'M IN CHARRRRGE NOW

please no, keep him consigned to his one game. do not let the cancer spread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think they should add Ragnaros, Lightlord to HotS. And Elise Starseeker

Fuzz posted:

Hearthstone is a thing people actually give a poo poo about? :confused:

Yeah it's pretty fun, you should try it.